My Taupe Zippy from LVR just arrived...

nawth21 said:
It sucked ass. And they havent responded since I emailed them last week about wanting to exchange and not return for refund. And $120 was for fedex global ECONOMY :amazed: Not even global priority so you have to factor in the extra time it takes as you have 14 days to return from the time you get the authorization email. It took LVR an average of a week to email me back. And they sent the wrong pro forma invoice that needs to be sent back with the bag so that was an extra week right there.

I did try selling it but no go. :evil: But if you can, thats definately the route to go.

Goodness :evil: - honestly, the only thing that has stopped me from ordering from them is there crappy email response time.

I have paid more through NAP; but, they answer their emails within 24 hours.

nawth21 said:
It sucked ass. And they havent responded since I emailed them last week about wanting to exchange and not return for refund. And $120 was for fedex global ECONOMY :amazed: Not even global priority so you have to factor in the extra time it takes as you have 14 days to return from the time you get the authorization email. It took LVR an average of a week to email me back. And they sent the wrong pro forma invoice that needs to be sent back with the bag so that was an extra week right there.

I did try selling it but no go. :evil: But if you can, thats definately the route to go.

Does it have to be shipped FedEx? I think the Post Office can beat that price substantially, even with insurance. Since it's a new bag (that is, new to the market) you can probably sell it on eBay. What do others say about the smell? Maybe it would fade?

It can be, but I don't trust the USPS as it goes through customs a different route. One of the things Italy prohibits is leather handbags so...yeah. Otherwise its about 56$ EMS but I didn't want to risk it.

Yep. Now I've heard that rule is more for volume importing and not just a single item but on the other hand I know a few ebay sellers who have tried to send prohibited items (which is like everything clothing and accessories related) and just have it never show up at its destination and never get returned to them. :Push:

nawth21 said:

well, i finally heard from LVR yesterday after resending the 3rd email. i adjusted my computer time to italian time and sent the mail to their 3 email adds and ask whatever happened to good customer service. they said they will get back with instructions and so let's see how long that takes!:wacko:
am thinking of just keeping my choc paddy and maybe have the stain taken care of here.:sick:

Daisy said:
Girls--LMAO, I decided to keep it! I snipped the tag too. The end.

YAY!!!!!! You just saved yourself nine (more) kinds of hell! BTW, I was taking pics of my brand new bag and the paper tag tore when I picked up the bag...so it's a keeper! LOL!:lol:

Daisy said:
Eek, the tag tore or the yellow cord thingy? Regardless, you HAVE to keep that bag or I'll come take it from you!

The tag tore, so I cut the yellow part off. It said if it was removed in ANY way that it could not be returned. I would just sell it here or on eBay rather than go through the trouble of trying to return it. I mean, it was a great price and the bag is in perfect condition. But it IS a bit big for what I needed! So you are keeping the taupe even with the paint smell? Is it getting better? It is a beautiful bag!

Daisy said:
ET, you could probably argue that point with them IF you wanted to return it, but yeah, with the fees, fug it. lol

I would rather just sell it! The expense and hassle of shipping it back, and then the customs issues...what a headache! But I cut the yellow thingy after the tag tore, so too late even if I wanted to! It still has the inside tag intact, though.

This taupe color is so tough to photograph. I'm sure that is the exact color as my bag but in reality the color is nothing like that. The color is actually very warm and about three or four shades darker than it looks there. I was in my car today and was noticing that the dash and trim in my car are what I would consider taupe... sort of a grey-ish beige with more pink to it than gold. Then I looked at the bag sitting there and it looked like a dark caramely-gold. It just doesn't photograph to its true color. While I do love the color, it won't be what you're expecting by looking at pics (especially the pics on LVR and NAP).

Okay, I'll try to take more pics for you today!