My Taupe Zippy from LVR just arrived...

Oh I really really like the color!! Congrats!! I have heard a few horror stories about LVR, but my experience with them when I ordered Chloe shoes was good, so I'm glad to hear you had a good experience too.

Daisy, the bag is AMAZING!!!!!!! I love the boxy shape (more than the regular Paddy) and the color is just divine! You will be able to wear that for spring and on into the other seasons with everything! Chloe is going to more light colors (including flesh on the professor bag), I say keep keep keep! I tried my original Paddy on the shoulder and it didn't feel right. But my shoulder bags are always slipping down anyway, so a "crook of the arm" bag is good for me right now. It is so fabulous! Don't send this one back!:lol: :love: :nuts:

Hi Daisy!

I love everything on the bag except for the lock. Do you have to open the lock each time you are going to open the bag? I am just not getting it.

I love the color and the leather looks really yummy!
Congrats Daisy! enjoy your beautiful bag! Great pick! :love:

Hehe... hiya Sweetea!! No, you don't have to open the lock on the Paddys to get in. You CAN lock the bag with the lock by inserting it into the zipper tabs but otherwise it sits on top of the bag. You do have to lift it to get into the bag, but you don't have to unlock it. :smile:

Thanks all of you for your comments!

Jill: I was charged $1217 and hey that's a bargain especially for a bag this big! BUT, I'm unclear.... FedEx might charge more for duties or something? I thought I heard that somewhere but on my invoice it says I already paid them.

ET: thanks!!

Daisy said:
Jill: I was charged $1217 and hey that's a bargain especially for a bag this big! BUT, I'm unclear.... FedEx might charge more for duties or something? I thought I heard that somewhere but on my invoice it says I already paid them.

ET: thanks!!

Fedex charges you a few weeks after you receive the bill, its about 10% of the cost of the bag.

Here I go again... :P

This is my black Bowler (looking rather sad and empty) compared to new Taupey. I gotta say that I LOVE the style/size.. although surprisingly, she doesn't hold a whole lot inside and the outside pocket is too small... but am still not 100% on the color. I take it back, she's not light, but I think this is my favorite out of the three styles that I have.

ET: When did you order again? It wouldn't hurt to contact them, I know I would because I'm always way too anxious for my bags. I wonder why mine went so quickly?

Attachments

• bobo and zippy.jpg
    bobo and zippy.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 117
nawth21 said:
Fedex charges you a few weeks after you receive the bill, its about 10% of the cost of the bag.

Oh bummer. Well, still that would put me at under $1350. Considering that the bowler is significantly smaller and priced at $1575 (I think), this still seems like such a good deal.

Daisy said:
Here I go again... :P

This is my black Bowler (looking rather sad and empty) compared to new Taupey. I gotta say that I LOVE the style/size.. although surprisingly, she doesn't hold a whole lot inside and the outside pocket is too small... but am still not 100% on the color. I take it back, she's not light, but I think this is my favorite out of the three styles that I have.

ET: When did you order again? It wouldn't hurt to contact them, I know I would because I'm always way too anxious for my bags. I wonder why mine went so quickly?

I am LOVING your bags! That taupe is to die for! Every pic you post is better than the last. The car doesn't look too shabby either! My car has black leather seats, so it's nice to see something fresh. I looked at the receipt from the payment place (Bella something???) and it was the 9th in Italy, 8th here (at night). So less than 48 hours ago. I did go ahead and send them an e-mail asking them to confirm that they received my order. I am anxious, too! Can't wait to get it.

I seriously LOVE your new bag, and the color. This color is going to be HUGE! And it's not tan...what is keeping you on the fence about it? The shape is adorable! I didn't even like the zipper bags but this is so cool!:lol: :love: :nuts:

ET: Wow, thanks for all the compliments! :love: You say it looks smaller than my Paddy... which one do you mean? I can't remember the size of the regular Paddy... anyone? My new Zippy is 14.5"W x 8"H. I don't recall the measurements of my Bowler.

Oh, and the color...... let's see what's holding me back. Maybe it's the lighting in my office but it looks sort of a really dull butterscotch with a hint of green or gold. Also, part of the problem may be that I have a funky shade of lime-ish green in my outfit today and I think it's clashing. lol

I have a feeling that you'll get a shipping notice any moment now. FedEx called the day before delivery so my guess is that you'll get the shipping notice later today and FedEx will call you tomorrow. I hope anyway! That's about the time span that mine was.

Daisy said:
ET: Wow, thanks for all the compliments! :love: You say it looks smaller than my Paddy... which one do you mean? I can't remember the size of the regular Paddy... anyone? My new Zippy is 14.5"W x 8"H. I don't recall the measurements of my Bowler.

Oh, and the color...... let's see what's holding me back. Maybe it's the lighting in my office but it looks sort of a really dull butterscotch with a hint of green or gold. Also, part of the problem may be that I have a funky shade of lime-ish green in my outfit today and I think it's clashing. lol

I have a feeling that you'll get a shipping notice any moment now. FedEx called the day before delivery so my guess is that you'll get the shipping notice later today and FedEx will call you tomorrow. I hope anyway! That's about the time span that mine was.

*Waiting by the phone for FedEx*

I meant that the taupe looks smaller (length-wise) than the black Paddy in your photo. I am guessing that is the Paddington original satchel? 14.5" is a nice size, though. Is the zippy bottom functional? Are you using it at all? I really do love the bag, and the color although at first I thought the taupe would be too pale...but that was before I saw your pics. If you decide it's not for you, you know where to find me.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Oops! Just noticed your color comments.:shame: In the photos it does not look green. Maybe the inside one where it is darker. But the one with the black bag shows it with almost a pink or peachy cast to it...am I just crazy? Can you get a pic in natural light with no flash?