My Taupe is here!

Missyjas said:
Congratulations on your beautiful new bag! I REALLY want a Chloe bag and I'm looking for some advice. Did they ever make the bag in red with a gold lock? I found it at a place called designersimports.com, but I'm not sure about the authenticity. Any advice would be VERY appreciated! Help please!! Thank you! :biggrin:

missy -designerimports.com is not legit - and that's first hand info :hrmm:

trufflesbang said:
oh my...i'm in love.:love:

would it be too much to have whiskey, choco, and taupe???:wondering

btw, love that your bed is not made (like mine) :lol:

Hahaha, you can NEVER have too many Paddys I think! I have to admit I thought otherwise before I received the bag, but looking at it now, I'd adore it in many many different colours!! This is one bag that looks great whatever colour it comes in I think.

Hahaha, I forgot to add please ignore the unmade bed/ messy room. :shame: My Paddy will be kept far away from that part of my room - it's too precious!! Haha.

Daisy said:
Congrats! Wow, yours looks quite a bit like Tan from your pics. I'm positive that your satchel is made of a different TYPE leather than my Zippy. Yours looks like the rest of my Paddys... textured yet smooth, and SOFT. My Zippy is none of those. Does your bag have a paint-type smell?

Regardless, LOVE your bag!! It looks great on you.

Thank you Daisy! :amuse: It does look quite tan, I tried to edit the photos to get as 'close' to the true colour as possible, but alas.. one can only do so much in artificial light! I'll hopefully be able to take photos of it just during the day at some point. Might turn out a bit better then. Why is this colour so hard to get true shots of?!

The bag smells of.. leather? Not sure how else to describe it, but it's definitely strong. The leather is incredibly soft. I think the Zippy need the structure (for the zipped compartment below? What do you put in there btw?) so they probably had to adjust the material. I remember looking at your photos (it was sitting next to your non-metallic anthracite?), you made me GLAD I bought the Taupe. :nuts:

Then again the colour of yours looks strikingly softer than mine.. again.. perhaps because of natural vs artificial light? Argh.

Missyjas said:
Congratulations on your beautiful new bag! I REALLY want a Chloe bag and I'm looking for some advice. Did they ever make the bag in red with a gold lock? I found it at a place called designersimports.com, but I'm not sure about the authenticity. Any advice would be VERY appreciated! Help please!! Thank you! :biggrin:

Hi Missyjas! I'd trust the people in here, specially the regulars like Daisy and Tod, they know their stuff! :biggrin: designerimports definitely sells fakes, I suggest you hold out a little longer if you truly love and want the red paddy - I think the colour is called Grenat? Keep checking back here (if anyone wants to sell) and if you're ever thinking of buying on ebay, do post the link so all of us can take a look and advise on its authenticity! I'm not sure if Chloe will ever release more (they probably will?) but if they do I trust this forum will be the first to fill you in. Good luck finding it, the paddy is definitely one to have and keep forever. :love:

blugenie said:
Congrats Kiptrip! The taupe looks beautiful! (And I DO love LVR's packaging, if nothing else!) :amuse:

So is the taupe color distressed at all like it appears in the NAP pictures (kind of veiny, with light and dark streaks), or is the color pretty consistent?

Thanks blugenie! LVR's packaging was IMPECCABLE. Makes me wonder how NAP's is.. I think one would be hard pressed to find such a wonderful gift box!

MY bag's leather is definitely distressed! I'll try to post more pics later, but the second last photo I posted is a pretty good example of how the light does bounce off it. It's so wonderfully textured and YET. AND YET. The colour's still a little dull? Argh. All the same, I think it's a keeper (I did choose this colour on the basis it was versatile and long-lasting) - I have to pluck up the courage to CUT OFF THAT YELLOW TAG. Haha.

trufflesbang said:
i would stay away from that site if i were you. sites for real chloes are NAP, aloha rag, neiman, bergdorf, and styledrop. and for a paddy, one that is USED would run you at least $1000.

trufflesbang.. I'm chuckling at your siggy :biggrin:

mammab said:
Wow, check out the packaging. Very cool!! Congratulations, don't you just LOVE the color? I just got my large pocket tote in taupe and I am in :love: too. Very, very impressed.! Enjoy!

I do love the colour! Then I don't. Then I do! ARRRGH! Do you find it a little dull at times mammab? I was going to get the whiskey see, but this colour definitely goes with my skin tone better than the whiskey ever would. Sighs. I do love it, I'm just being overly-critical. Time to just sit back and enjoy the bag I say! Congrats on yours too! The pocket is wonderful (loving the C buckle at the front!).

BTW, how do you all protect your bags? I feel I can't take my baby out without at least spraying it with some protective spray, but spraying sounds terrifying to the material. Eep. :sad: