My summer/rain pick... good choice or no?

Meifa

you came to me
Mar 12, 2006
A couple days back I posted re: breaking my Chanel habit of the past few years and getting back to LV with a somewhat reasonably priced bag that'll stand up to the rain and also take me through summer fashionably. I was thinking something epi because it's so elegant, but I desperately wanted something that can be carried over the shoulder (I've been shlepping my old Speedy around for a few weeks and, although it's lovely, I prefer shoulder bags).

When I went visited the boutique, however, I shuffled through the epis, the suhalis, and even the mahinas quickly. Finally, I hit on what I think my summer go-to bag will be...

Damier azur Galliera GM!

I was sort of on the fence about it, but it's a pretty bag, moderately priced, and a little more loose, casual, and fun than my all-black Chanel family.

I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. What do you guys think? Good choice for the summer/rainy season? I know I have to mind the vachetta in the rain, but I think I can handle that.

Its a definite good piece for summer however, all the vachetta would be an issue with rain. I would recommend treating (spraying) all vachetta with Apple Guard, Scots Guard, or Kiwi leather protectors before taking it out. Once vachetta has been treated, you're good to go. Good luck :smile:

the vachetta definetely makes it a good summer bag but not for the rain...have you considered the brown damier? Its great because you won't have to worry about water stains or dirt stains!

Damier azur Galliera GM!

I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. What do you guys think? Good choice for the summer/rainy season? I know I have to mind the vachetta in the rain, but I think I can handle that.

Then, in that case, there'll be no problem. It's great for summer.:smile: