My Summer Coach Purchases: Bags that got away

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
..but are found again. These are all bags people have seen before but to tide us over til Fall thought you ladies might enjoy some blast from the past eye candy

First up...Aubergine Gathered Sophia. New and fantastic eBay deal!! This was a buy and return for me. And I have regretted it. The eBay deal was better than PCE though

Attachments

• Aubergine.jpg
    Aubergine.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 906
Next we have one of the most coveted bags in the history of this forum! Ms. Madison Floral Sophia.....I had this bag and returned it because it was too big for me. Had another opportunity to buy it in Seattle when it was supposedly the "last one in the system" and passed again. I still think it is larger than what I normally carry but this one has always haunted me. A gently used eBay bargain!

Attachments

• Floral Sophia.jpg
    Floral Sophia.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 926
  • Floral Sophia Close.jpg
    Floral Sophia Close.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 896
Next one was in stores fairly recently. I got a fantastic price at a Factory Online Sale. Always wanted this but I had in mind a figure that I would pay for it and PCE was still too high on this one (in my mindset). But the FOS price was just right and I am loving this bag. The color is so nice and it is so simple to carry, goes with everything. And even though a tote is usually more casual, the metallic tinge will take into evening. Been receiving tons of compliments on the Small Saffiano City Tote in Gunmetal

Attachments

• Gunmetal City Tote.jpg
    Gunmetal City Tote.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 897
Next up...I remember when the Sophia's were in a fall preview from several years back, this was on my wish list. I got this bag during PCE but found it super heavy and returned it. But some bags are worth the weight. Plus I can detach the strap if carrying for an extended time. The chain strap which is what makes it so heavy but also makes it so cool. I know there is a new fall bags coming up with Amber hardware. Since Coach does this hardware color so rarely I took lots of photos so people could see what Amber hardware looks like if they have not seen it. This has haunted me in my "the ones that got away list". Small Python Sophia. I call it pink python but it is technically called purple multi. An eBay purchase. Not a super, duper bargain. More than outlet price but less than PCE so good enough for me :smile: And it was NWT. Love the amazing detail!

Attachments

• Python.jpg
    Python.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 876
  • Python close.jpg
    Python close.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 874
  • Python close side.jpg
    Python close side.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 869
  • Python 1.jpg
    Python 1.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 885
Last edited:
Last but not least. Some of you may remember that this bag was stolen from me. So I am beyond thrilled to replace it and NWTs at that. I have two TPF members to thank. Crazyforcoach09 who posted spy pics from her outlet in the Which New Deletes are Arriving at the Outlets thread. I never thought this older style would resurface in the outlets. She gave me the number of her outlet and I did a charge send - from my FULL PRICE store! I did not know they could do this. This bag was packaged to the nines and they even put the strap inside the bag (which I like since I had a couple bags shipped from Jax damaged by dings from long straps).

If you remember the story, my bag was stolen with this FOB attached to it. When I posted the story, Cathead87 reached out to me and said she had this FOB and did not use it. She sent it to me as a gift, isn't that AMAZING??!!!! That is one of the nicest things anyone has done for me, let alone someone I have never met. I have already thanked her but wanted to giver her the public shout out she deserves....you rock!!

Thanks again Crazyforcoach09 and Cathead87 :smile: Without further yammering from me, here is small gathered raspberry Sophia and the Pave C Key Fob

Attachments

• Raspberry.jpg
    Raspberry.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 857
  • Raspberry close.jpg
    Raspberry close.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 851
These are my favorite kind of reveals..I love seeing older bags! You found some beauties! LOVE the Floral Sophia...this is still one of my favorite bags of all-time.

I really like the amber hardware, too! The chain strap on the python Sophia is gorgeous! Have you seen the Grommet Borough in tan yet? It has the amber hardware and there are a few other bags out now that have it, too. I plan to buy something with it, just not sure what yet.

Congrats on everything! Enjoy!

Last but not least. Some of you may remember that this bag was stolen from me. So I am beyond thrilled to replace it and NWTs at that. I have two TPF members to thank. Crazyforcoach09 who posted spy pics from her outlet in the Which New Deletes are Arriving at the Outlets thread. I never thought this older style would resurface in the outlets. She gave me the number of her outlet and I did a charge send - from my FULL PRICE store! I did not know they could do this. This bag was packaged to the nines and they even put the strap inside the bag (which I like since I had a couple bags shipped from Jax damaged by dings from long straps).

If you remember the story, my bag was stolen with this FOB attached to it. When I posted the story, Cathead87 reached out to me and said she had this FOB and did not use it. She sent it to me as a gift, isn't that AMAZING??!!!! That is one of the nicest things anyone has done for me, let alone someone I have never met. I have already thanked her but wanted to giver her the public shout out she deserves....you rock!!

Thanks again Crazyforcoach09 and Cathead87 :smile: Without further yammering from me, here is small gathered raspberry Sophia and the Pave C Key Fob
Yes. FP will do CS. They have same paperwrk as outlet. Glad ya gal home safe. Glad I could help you score from the outlet. Lol

I hve same color in lindsey gathered. Got her from FP via a friend. Lovvvvvve lovvvvve her. Congrats !

Yay, I love when people bring back the oldies but goodies! Always loved that color!

I know the color is fantastic. I have the small Purple Gathered Sophia with gold hardware but the colors are so different and I was lacking this shade of purple in my collection

Wow! These bags are beautiful! Love floral Sophia the most!
I know, I always regretted passing on this before!

These are my favorite kind of reveals..I love seeing older bags! You found some beauties! LOVE the Floral Sophia...this is still one of my favorite bags of all-time.

I really like the amber hardware, too! The chain strap on the python Sophia is gorgeous! Have you seen the Grommet Borough in tan yet? It has the amber hardware and there are a few other bags out now that have it, too. I plan to buy something with it, just not sure what yet.

Congrats on everything! Enjoy!

The bags from this era of Madison were so awesome! I did not know the Borough was the bag with the amber hardware. I knew something from fall had it. I still have my black patent Sabrina with the hardware in this color. I don't know what other bags have it besides the 3 we mentioned here.

Yes. FP will do CS. They have same paperwrk as outlet. Glad ya gal home safe. Glad I could help you score from the outlet. Lol
I am so happy about this. I would rather have not had it stolen from me but am so thankful to have it back again, thanks so much for your help. If you did not share those pics I never would have thought to check the outlets for it.

OMG! You have the same fabulous taste in bags as I do;)

I also regretted some returns and have recently re-bought Ms. Floral Sophia and a large gathered Sophia in black. I LOVE all the bags you bought, congrats and enjoy:smile: