My Studio Bag

So my bag came in today from Bloomingdale's, and I am very disappointed.

I am very, very relieved that I opened the bag while I was recording with my phone. I have recently read some horror stories where customers received used or damaged items, and the department store did nothing.

The bag was packed with literally no protection. It was a lightweight box, so I am shocked that it wasn't crushed. I didn't expect a branded box as it is not guaranteed with department stores...but I was still shocked how the box was wrapped.

View attachment 4742237

The bag was pretty damaged in the front. There were a lot of scuffs and indentations on the bag. Honestly, I am not surprised. When I checked out, I noticed the listing disappeared and would only show as sold out when I put in the URL. Getting the very last bag in a style is never great odds.

View attachment 4742239 View attachment 4742240
View attachment 4742241 View attachment 4742242 View attachment 4742243

So the bag was pretty beat up. I am quickly returning this to Bloomingdales as fast as possible.

I did really like the shape of the bag. The bag style and size was perfect for what I am currently needing. I thought the latch was nice and pretty easy to use. I didn't try the shoulder strap because it was wrapped up. I was afraid to unwrap anything in fear of my return not being accepted.

The only thing I didn't really like about the bag (in addition to the received condition) was the leather. While I liked the aesthetic of the smooth leather, I found the smooth leather felt cheapish and pvc to me. It did not have have a luxurious feel in the hand. I wasn't expecting H quality of leather, but my smooth leather Valentino was much nicer quality.

I am still interested in this bag, but I'm now unsure if I still want to get it. I think I need to visit a Ferragamo store (or department store) and see the leathers in person. I'm not sure if I would like the grained leather version without seeing it.

The function and appearance is very nice....but I still can't shake the leather. I have a pretty broad variety of brands - Mulberry, Chloe, Valentino, Chanel, Hermes. My Mulberry Bayswater feels better in quality than the Ferragmo, and that doesn't sit well with me since the Bayswater is about $1k cheaper. Granted, my Bayswater is grained leather, so I will wait to make final judgment until I can eventually visit a store.

A little disappointed as I really thought this was going to be the right bag for me.
I’m so sorry your order turned out so badly. I would be very disappointed, too.

Reactions: Carrierae
:shocked:

Good thing you recorded your unboxing. That dent in the front though /: The gall of them to sent you the bag in that condition. Shame on Bloomingdales. Good thing that you're returning. I Agree with you. Even if Ferragamo is on the lower price point compared to the other premier brands, it's still a lot of money to spend on a bag that you're not happy with, even with the discount.

I don't know much regarding Ferragamo's grained leather on the studio bag though I did check a pink classic flap bag aka Joanne in grained leather while I was waiting for my flight in Brussels airport. To be honest it didn't make my heart sing. The selection was very small since it was not Ferragamo's stand alone boutique, so I didn't manage to gauge their other bags in different leathers as I have hoped. It possible that they use different kinds of grained leathers for different bags. Can't say for certain since it has been so long since I stepped inside a boutique since we don't have one in my country. Have ordered mainly through online. Hope others can chime in regarding Ferragamo's grained leather.

I’m just still so annoyed with the situation. I already dropped the bag off at UPS within 2 1/2 hours from receiving it. I already emailed CS with my photos and video. They offered to send me one from a physical store, but I’m just so uncertain now. I think I do really like the design, but I just don’t see it as a $2500 bag.

I looked at so many styles. I think I just need to go to Chicago when everything is open and see if anything speaks to me.

Reactions: thewave1969
So my bag came in today from Bloomingdale's, and I am very disappointed.

I am very, very relieved that I opened the bag while I was recording with my phone. I have recently read some horror stories where customers received used or damaged items, and the department store did nothing.

The bag was packed with literally no protection. It was a lightweight box, so I am shocked that it wasn't crushed. I didn't expect a branded box as it is not guaranteed with department stores...but I was still shocked how the box was wrapped.

View attachment 4742237

The bag was pretty damaged in the front. There were a lot of scuffs and indentations on the bag. Honestly, I am not surprised. When I checked out, I noticed the listing disappeared and would only show as sold out when I put in the URL. Getting the very last bag in a style is never great odds.

View attachment 4742239 View attachment 4742240
View attachment 4742241 View attachment 4742242 View attachment 4742243

So the bag was pretty beat up. I am quickly returning this to Bloomingdales as fast as possible.

I did really like the shape of the bag. The bag style and size was perfect for what I am currently needing. I thought the latch was nice and pretty easy to use. I didn't try the shoulder strap because it was wrapped up. I was afraid to unwrap anything in fear of my return not being accepted.

The only thing I didn't really like about the bag (in addition to the received condition) was the leather. While I liked the aesthetic of the smooth leather, I found the smooth leather felt cheapish and pvc to me. It did not have have a luxurious feel in the hand. I wasn't expecting H quality of leather, but my smooth leather Valentino was much nicer quality.

I am still interested in this bag, but I'm now unsure if I still want to get it. I think I need to visit a Ferragamo store (or department store) and see the leathers in person. I'm not sure if I would like the grained leather version without seeing it.

The function and appearance is very nice....but I still can't shake the leather. I have a pretty broad variety of brands - Mulberry, Chloe, Valentino, Chanel, Hermes. My Mulberry Bayswater feels better in quality than the Ferragmo, and that doesn't sit well with me since the Bayswater is about $1k cheaper. Granted, my Bayswater is grained leather, so I will wait to make final judgment until I can eventually visit a store.

A little disappointed as I really thought this was going to be the right bag for me.

Sorry you had such an umpleasent experience. This leather, when new is thick and gorgeous. Yes, the one you received looks used and damaged bu don't give up as it is a stunning bag. Smooth leather is delicate, such as box leather in Hermes, satin veau in city Steamer and Louise clutches Louis Vuitton and in Studio/Boxyz bags in Ferragamo. They all have a slight variation, this is why you should go in a Ferragamo boutique and check a few out bags in different styles and leather options before you find the one you like. Grained leather is slightly heavier but more durable than the smooth calf box leather. Good luck

Reactions: Mariapia
Sorry you had such an umpleasent experience. This leather, when new is thick and gorgeous. Yes, the one you received looks used and damaged bu don't give up as it is a stunning bag. Smooth leather is delicate, such as box leather in Hermes, satin veau in city Steamer and Louise clutches Louis Vuitton and in Studio/Boxyz bags in Ferragamo. They all have a slight variation, this is why you should go in a Ferragamo boutique and check a few out bags in different styles and leather options before you find the one you like. Grained leather is slightly heavier but more durable than the smooth calf box leather. Good luck

Thank you. I do expect smooth leather bags to scratch like that, but I didn’t expect to receive one ‘new’ in that condition. I’ll probably check out Ferragamo in person, but the leather did feel very PVCish to me, and I have felt and owned many different smooth leather variations. I did order a YSL from Saks, so hopefully that is a better option.

I’ll still need a large black tote, so I’ll still keep this one on my radar....but I do need to go to the Ferragamo store to see the differences.

BTW, Bloomingdale’s is having a $20 off every $75 you spend that includes Ferragamo. Hopefully, they will have more luck than mine!

Reactions: thewave1969