My Studio Bag

Any news on the sales? My SO is looking to get some shoes and there are some listed under "30_off" and "40_off" search function on the online store but it doesn't seem like the discount is active yet.
SA texted me to invite for a presale on items that will go officially on sale Friday. Not all items will be on sale, but he said lots of Studio. The one that I am interested in, black small pebbled leather Studio with gold chain, will not be on sale yet :sad:

Reactions: catzeyez
Hello SF friends,
I think I’m going to purchase a studio bag and have read all the comments on here but I’m still confused over small or medium size. Does anyone have both they can post a picture of? I can’t tell if the measurements on the SF site include the handle or just the bag. And I am also wondering how short the shoulder straps go. If anyone would weigh in I would be very appreciative. Thank you.

Reactions: Cate14
I'm eyeing a studio bag on sale and was wondering if the calfskin leather scratches easy. The boxyz seems very durable and resistant to scratches. Thanks
I've got two Studio bags and I tend to toss my bags around, they have never been treated carefully. No bigger scratch or anything on the Studios after almost a year. The only thing to consider is probably to stuff the bag while not in use.

Last edited:
Reactions: thewave1969
I have a question about the studio. I just bought a medium in black from Bloomingdales. Can I get a base plate for my bag? I see that some of them sag at the bottom. I wanted to be able to carry my laptop in it, and I was worried that it would cause more strain on the base than usual, and I like to keep a structured shape.

I'm so excited to get this bag!

I have a question about the studio. I just bought a medium in black from Bloomingdales. Can I get a base plate for my bag? I see that some of them sag at the bottom. I wanted to be able to carry my laptop in it, and I was worried that it would cause more strain on the base than usual, and I like to keep a structured shape.

I'm so excited to get this bag!
Congrats on your Studio! I have 4 and I hate the bottom sagging, so I cut out from brown LV boxes 4 bottom shapers, which work great as they don't add weight yet they are sturdy enough. You can measure yours and search on ebay for a similar size, just type in the search bar: bag bottom shaper

Congrats on your Studio! I have 4 and I hate the bottom sagging, so I cut out from brown LV boxes 4 bottom shapers, which work great as they don't add weight yet they are sturdy enough. You can measure yours and search on ebay for a similar size, just type in the search bar: bag bottom shaper

I’m glad I’m not the only one! I don’t mind a little sag, but I have a feeling a laptop will create a LOT of sag! I’m going to search around. Worse case, I’ll just make one as suggested! I was thinking of getting a piece of acrylic cut for it with rounded corners.

I’m glad I’m not the only one! I don’t mind a little sag, but I have a feeling a laptop will create a LOT of sag! I’m going to search around. Worse case, I’ll just make one as suggested! I was thinking of getting a piece of acrylic cut for it with rounded corners.
Yes, I agree the laptop will stretch the leather a bit and create a sag. On ebay they have acrylic rounded bottom shapers. I purchased one a few years back for a Speedy. I don't carry as much as I used to, so the stiff cardboard cut with rounded edge works for me at the moment ;)

Go on Etsy and type in bag bottom shapers , there are sellers who will customize the size to the bag, in various materials, if you are not a diy-er, like myself :biggrin:

Go on Etsy and type in bag bottom shapers , there are sellers who will customize the size to the bag, in various materials, if you are not a diy-er, like myself :biggrin:

Great idea! Looks like there’s a few on Etsy with a quick turnaround and less than $20. I’ll order one as soon as it arrives. Shipping says Friday.

I am a little nervous about it since it must have been the very last one in smooth leather (the listing said sold out after I purchased). I just hope it doesn’t have any scratches or dents for being the very last one. I’m still really excited to receive it!

Reactions: jbags07
So my bag came in today from Bloomingdale's, and I am very disappointed.

I am very, very relieved that I opened the bag while I was recording with my phone. I have recently read some horror stories where customers received used or damaged items, and the department store did nothing.

The bag was packed with literally no protection. It was a lightweight box, so I am shocked that it wasn't crushed. I didn't expect a branded box as it is not guaranteed with department stores...but I was still shocked how the box was wrapped.

IMG_8E9F426D5EA5-1.jpeg

The bag was pretty damaged in the front. There were a lot of scuffs and indentations on the bag. Honestly, I am not surprised. When I checked out, I noticed the listing disappeared and would only show as sold out when I put in the URL. Getting the very last bag in a style is never great odds.

IMG_3959.jpg IMG_3955.jpg
IMG_3956.jpg IMG_3958.jpg IMG_3957.jpg

So the bag was pretty beat up. I am quickly returning this to Bloomingdales as fast as possible.

I did really like the shape of the bag. The bag style and size was perfect for what I am currently needing. I thought the latch was nice and pretty easy to use. I didn't try the shoulder strap because it was wrapped up. I was afraid to unwrap anything in fear of my return not being accepted.

The only thing I didn't really like about the bag (in addition to the received condition) was the leather. While I liked the aesthetic of the smooth leather, I found the smooth leather felt cheapish and pvc to me. It did not have have a luxurious feel in the hand. I wasn't expecting H quality of leather, but my smooth leather Valentino was much nicer quality.

I am still interested in this bag, but I'm now unsure if I still want to get it. I think I need to visit a Ferragamo store (or department store) and see the leathers in person. I'm not sure if I would like the grained leather version without seeing it.

The function and appearance is very nice....but I still can't shake the leather. I have a pretty broad variety of brands - Mulberry, Chloe, Valentino, Chanel, Hermes. My Mulberry Bayswater feels better in quality than the Ferragmo, and that doesn't sit well with me since the Bayswater is about $1k cheaper. Granted, my Bayswater is grained leather, so I will wait to make final judgment until I can eventually visit a store.

A little disappointed as I really thought this was going to be the right bag for me.

So my bag came in today from Bloomingdale's, and I am very disappointed.

I am very, very relieved that I opened the bag while I was recording with my phone. I have recently read some horror stories where customers received used or damaged items, and the department store did nothing.

The bag was packed with literally no protection. It was a lightweight box, so I am shocked that it wasn't crushed. I didn't expect a branded box as it is not guaranteed with department stores...but I was still shocked how the box was wrapped.

View attachment 4742237

The bag was pretty damaged in the front. There were a lot of scuffs and indentations on the bag. Honestly, I am not surprised. When I checked out, I noticed the listing disappeared and would only show as sold out when I put in the URL. Getting the very last bag in a style is never great odds.

View attachment 4742239 View attachment 4742240
View attachment 4742241 View attachment 4742242 View attachment 4742243

So the bag was pretty beat up. I am quickly returning this to Bloomingdales as fast as possible.

I did really like the shape of the bag. The bag style and size was perfect for what I am currently needing. I thought the latch was nice and pretty easy to use. I didn't try the shoulder strap because it was wrapped up. I was afraid to unwrap anything in fear of my return not being accepted.

The only thing I didn't really like about the bag (in addition to the received condition) was the leather. While I liked the aesthetic of the smooth leather, I found the smooth leather felt cheapish and pvc to me. It did not have have a luxurious feel in the hand. I wasn't expecting H quality of leather, but my smooth leather Valentino was much nicer quality.

I am still interested in this bag, but I'm now unsure if I still want to get it. I think I need to visit a Ferragamo store (or department store) and see the leathers in person. I'm not sure if I would like the grained leather version without seeing it.

The function and appearance is very nice....but I still can't shake the leather. I have a pretty broad variety of brands - Mulberry, Chloe, Valentino, Chanel, Hermes. My Mulberry Bayswater feels better in quality than the Ferragmo, and that doesn't sit well with me since the Bayswater is about $1k cheaper. Granted, my Bayswater is grained leather, so I will wait to make final judgment until I can eventually visit a store.

A little disappointed as I really thought this was going to be the right bag for me.

:shocked:

Good thing you recorded your unboxing. That dent in the front though /: The gall of them to sent you the bag in that condition. Shame on Bloomingdales. Good thing that you're returning. I Agree with you. Even if Ferragamo is on the lower price point compared to the other premier brands, it's still a lot of money to spend on a bag that you're not happy with, even with the discount.

I don't know much regarding Ferragamo's grained leather on the studio bag though I did check a pink classic flap bag aka Joanne in grained leather while I was waiting for my flight in Brussels airport. To be honest it didn't make my heart sing. The selection was very small since it was not Ferragamo's stand alone boutique, so I didn't manage to gauge their other bags in different leathers as I have hoped. It possible that they use different kinds of grained leathers for different bags. Can't say for certain since it has been so long since I stepped inside a boutique since we don't have one in my country. Have ordered mainly through online. Hope others can chime in regarding Ferragamo's grained leather.

Last edited: