My Story & Small Collection of Handbags.. (glamourdoll.)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've actually been wanting to do this for a while, but I just never had the time to take out my camera.

I remember I was first exposed to handbags when my uncle took me to the LV store with him back when I was 7. Back then, I was absolutely intrigued with Holt Renfrew, and LV since the decor was so pretty and I loved the store displays. I remember that my uncle purchased a wallet for himself and I was absolutely amazed at the service that one got 'just' for buying a wallet, not to mention the price tag of it to a 7 year old, which could've bought me infinite amounts of beanie babies back then. :P

Ever since then, I've always been intrigued and loved designer handbags. Of course, my mother could not justify purchasing something like a LV for a 7 year old, and I'm very glad she didn't. The only things that I had to carry at age 7 was probably my Gameboy color and a mirror.

Anyways, as the years went by, I started forgetting about LV and just focusing on other handbags. The first bags that I began collecting was then the Tokidoki by Lesportsac collaboration came out. I was around the age of 13 or 14, and I absolutely loved the pictures on it.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the group picture. It's very difficult to get these bags to be stiff and be picture ready. ;)

When I hit 15, I started venturing into the territory of Juicy Couture. I think their slogans and store displays really appealed to me back then. I also started my love for leather. I've given most of them away to my younger cousin, and these are the two that I use on a daily basis still.
    [​IMG]

The red one was my definite favorite. I brought it with me everywhere and used it everyday for 8 months. It's definitely showing wear now since I brought it on a roadtrip to Las Vegas with me last February..
    [​IMG]

2. While in Las Vegas, of course I was constantly bombarded with the beautiful displays and handbags of Louis Vuitton. I was once again reminded of the luxury handbags that I loved when I was younger. My mother decided to purchase my first Coach for me there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These two Coach bags definitely fueled the addiction in me. I quickly fell in love with the Madison collection of Coach, and bought a few more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sabrina is my definite favorite out of the entire Coach collection.

[​IMG]
    Julianne that I use for school everyday.

3. Fast forward to last September. It's my final year in high school, and my parents asked me what I wanted as a graduation gift. My first response was 'Louis Vuitton'. After all those years, I still could not fall out of love with LV, and I felt that it was a good way to end my final high school years.

Here is my first LV - Monogram Speedy 30, purchased in September 2009.
    [​IMG]

After my first bag, I guess my parents found out how much I really loved LV, and how special it was to me. It seemed like a perfect match! :love: I came home one day after school and I found this waiting for me from my dad.
    Tivoli GM - purchased in September 2009.
    [​IMG]

I guess I became hooked on LV after those two bags. I have to admit that I am really lucky, and blessed to have my parents. I am very thankful of all these gifts that I have received. Here is my Epi Alma in Cassis. I've always loved the color purple.
    Epi Alma Cassis -purchased in October 2009.
    [​IMG]

Brea PM in Amarante - purchased January 2010.
    [​IMG]

4. #4 Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    January rolled around, and my 18th birthday was approaching. Once again, my parents bought me to LV and allowed me to purchase I wanted. I went with the Vernis Alma in Deco Gris Art, and a Monogram Eva. (Forgot to take a photo of the Eva, so I used an old group photo)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Other than my love for LV, I am also strangely attracted to Prada. I think that their leather is absolutely gorgeous. I suppose I don't really have a story to the purchases of my Pradas. It's just something that has always been admired in my head, and I felt that I had to get it out of the way when I found the bags on sale..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. All the accessories acquired during my handbag time period.
    [​IMG]
    LV Pochette, LV Insolite wallet, Prada wallet, Dior wallet, LV Vernis key & change holder.

I know that this is definitely not the end of my collection, but I am currently very content with what I have right now. It's been a crazy few years, and I certainly look forward to expanding my handbag collection as I get older.
    Thank you so much for letting me share my story and collection with you all. I am really happy to have found a forum where everyone understands this handbag 'obsession' that I have, and that I can share opinions and thoughts with you all! :heart:

6. Beautiful collection! I really love the Pradas, I'm liking leathers more than LV canvas these days.

7. :tup::tup:

8. What great parents! You have a lovely collection:tup:

9. Love the LV and Prada

10. Great collection! Love the LV and prada!

11. You have a fabulous collection.

12. Your a lucky girl and have had great taste at such an early age!:balloon:

13. Thank you so much everyone! :heart:

14. That's quite a collection............Congratulations

15. love your collecion...congrats