My Story & Small Collection of Handbags.. (glamourdoll.)

Dec 19, 2008
I've actually been wanting to do this for a while, but I just never had the time to take out my camera.

I remember I was first exposed to handbags when my uncle took me to the LV store with him back when I was 7. Back then, I was absolutely intrigued with Holt Renfrew, and LV since the decor was so pretty and I loved the store displays. I remember that my uncle purchased a wallet for himself and I was absolutely amazed at the service that one got 'just' for buying a wallet, not to mention the price tag of it to a 7 year old, which could've bought me infinite amounts of beanie babies back then. :P

Ever since then, I've always been intrigued and loved designer handbags. Of course, my mother could not justify purchasing something like a LV for a 7 year old, and I'm very glad she didn't. The only things that I had to carry at age 7 was probably my Gameboy color and a mirror.

Anyways, as the years went by, I started forgetting about LV and just focusing on other handbags. The first bags that I began collecting was then the Tokidoki by Lesportsac collaboration came out. I was around the age of 13 or 14, and I absolutely loved the pictures on it.
DSC04943.jpg

Sorry for the group picture. It's very difficult to get these bags to be stiff and be picture ready. ;)

When I hit 15, I started venturing into the territory of Juicy Couture. I think their slogans and store displays really appealed to me back then. I also started my love for leather. I've given most of them away to my younger cousin, and these are the two that I use on a daily basis still.
DSC04944.jpg

The red one was my definite favorite. I brought it with me everywhere and used it everyday for 8 months. It's definitely showing wear now since I brought it on a roadtrip to Las Vegas with me last February..
DSC04945.jpg

While in Las Vegas, of course I was constantly bombarded with the beautiful displays and handbags of Louis Vuitton. I was once again reminded of the luxury handbags that I loved when I was younger. My mother decided to purchase my first Coach for me there.
DSC04948.jpg

DSC04946.jpg

These two Coach bags definitely fueled the addiction in me. I quickly fell in love with the Madison collection of Coach, and bought a few more.
DSC04949.jpg

DSC04951.jpg

Sabrina is my definite favorite out of the entire Coach collection.

DSC04952.jpg

Julianne that I use for school everyday.

Fast forward to last September. It's my final year in high school, and my parents asked me what I wanted as a graduation gift. My first response was 'Louis Vuitton'. After all those years, I still could not fall out of love with LV, and I felt that it was a good way to end my final high school years.

Here is my first LV - Monogram Speedy 30, purchased in September 2009.
DSC04953.jpg

After my first bag, I guess my parents found out how much I really loved LV, and how special it was to me. It seemed like a perfect match! :love: I came home one day after school and I found this waiting for me from my dad.
Tivoli GM - purchased in September 2009.
DSC04954.jpg

I guess I became hooked on LV after those two bags. I have to admit that I am really lucky, and blessed to have my parents. I am very thankful of all these gifts that I have received. Here is my Epi Alma in Cassis. I've always loved the color purple.
Epi Alma Cassis -purchased in October 2009.
DSC04960.jpg

Brea PM in Amarante - purchased January 2010.
DSC04964.jpg

January rolled around, and my 18th birthday was approaching. Once again, my parents bought me to LV and allowed me to purchase I wanted. I went with the Vernis Alma in Deco Gris Art, and a Monogram Eva. (Forgot to take a photo of the Eva, so I used an old group photo)
DSC04940.jpg

DSC04963.jpg

Other than my love for LV, I am also strangely attracted to Prada. I think that their leather is absolutely gorgeous. I suppose I don't really have a story to the purchases of my Pradas. It's just something that has always been admired in my head, and I felt that I had to get it out of the way when I found the bags on sale..
DSC04955.jpg

DSC04956.jpg

DSC04957.jpg

DSC04961.jpg

DSC04962.jpg

Last edited:
All the accessories acquired during my handbag time period.
DSC04965.jpg

LV Pochette, LV Insolite wallet, Prada wallet, Dior wallet, LV Vernis key & change holder.

I know that this is definitely not the end of my collection, but I am currently very content with what I have right now. It's been a crazy few years, and I certainly look forward to expanding my handbag collection as I get older.
Thank you so much for letting me share my story and collection with you all. I am really happy to have found a forum where everyone understands this handbag 'obsession' that I have, and that I can share opinions and thoughts with you all! :heart: