My store no longer stocks extra dustbags :(

Aug 14, 2013
Hello everyone!

My boyfriend and I went to the LV on Burrard St in Vancouver, BC. We have 2 LV locations here but the other one was closed by the time we left this one. This was the first time i have gone in since I bought my first LV - a vintage preloved Speedy 25 in mono. I received many compliments from the staff which made me feel really good.

Anyway, after looking around the two levels we went to the counter and asked the SA if we could get a replacement dust bag since I "lost" mine. She went to ask a manager and she came back and said they no longer can provide them they haven't gotten shipments of them for months. I'm thinking i'll check out the other LV and ask but i'm feeling kinda discouraged by this.

What do you guys think i should do? I'd love a dust bag for storing my new baby.

Yeah i'll do that. She did ask me before she went to check if i had purchased it there and I said no, so maybe they only will provide one if they have proof you bought it there? Or maybe they really didn't have any left.

You don't have to purchase it there but some do want to see if it's in your purchase history. It really depends on the SA honestly. I'd just say that it was a gift passed down to you from a friend and it didn't have a dustbag when it was gifted but you want to store it properly. ;)

You don't have to purchase it there but some do want to see if it's in your purchase history. It really depends on the SA honestly. I'd just say that it was a gift passed down to you from a friend and it didn't have a dustbag when it was gifted but you want to store it properly. ;)

I'll keep that in mind when i go to the other one! What if i contacted the company through email or phone?

I'll keep that in mind when i go to the other one! What if i contacted the company through email or phone?

I'm not sure about that one. If you have a purchase history with LV, you can let them know that you'd like a replacement for the bag in your history. If the store close to you doesn't have it, they can send you one when they get it. I'm not sure how it would work if you don't have a purchase history yet. I'd assume they'd still help if you received a bag as a gift but they'd probably send you to a store to anyway to see that you actually have the bag that you are requesting the dustbag for.

Do some stores still give extra dustbag if you happen to lose yours or bought it preloved without them? TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

My store has given me an extra dustbag twice. I asked for one and the other was offered because they know I really like the drawstring dustbags. Depends on the store and the SA really. If you bring the bag in and ask (esp if it's a SA you know), they will usually give you one if they have it.

My store has given me an extra dustbag twice. I asked for one and the other was offered because they know I really like the drawstring dustbags. Depends on the store and the SA really. If you bring the bag in and ask (esp if it's a SA you know), they will usually give you one if they have it.

Thanks! I'll go to the store this weekend... It will never hurt to try! :smile:. And besides, maybe they will be a little bit more considerate since i'll be purchasing a new bag for my mom... Lol!

I'm not sure about that one. If you have a purchase history with LV, you can let them know that you'd like a replacement for the bag in your history. If the store close to you doesn't have it, they can send you one when they get it. I'm not sure how it would work if you don't have a purchase history yet. I'd assume they'd still help if you received a bag as a gift but they'd probably send you to a store to anyway to see that you actually have the bag that you are requesting the dustbag for.

That's a great idea. And yeah I'm not sure how the whole purchase history thing will work since I bought my bag pre-loved from a store in Amsterdam.. and it's 19 years old! Gah. I also really want to get it heat stamped on the handle and I heard that they offer it complimentary for the first time but I don't know how I can prove when I bought it if there is a time limit on it.

That's a great idea. And yeah I'm not sure how the whole purchase history thing will work since I bought my bag pre-loved from a store in Amsterdam.. and it's 19 years old! Gah. I also really want to get it heat stamped on the handle and I heard that they offer it complimentary for the first time but I don't know how I can prove when I bought it if there is a time limit on it.

You can have it heatstamp anytime! :smile: Whether it is brand new or pre-loved! They offer it for free as long as its authentic... :smile: ( Im not saying yours is not authentic :smile: ) Just bring your bag, it will look great with your initials on it!

Last edited:
You can have it heatstamp anytime! :smile: Whether it is brand new or pre-loved! They offer it for free as long as its authentic... :smile: ( Im not saying yours is not authentic :smile: ) Just bring your bag, it will look great with you initials on it!

That is amazing news! :biggrin:
Thank you, now I'm really excited. :biggrin:

Thanks! I'll go to the store this weekend... It will never hurt to try! :smile:. And besides, maybe they will be a little bit more considerate since i'll be purchasing a new bag for my mom... Lol!

That would be a perfect time to ask. ;)
You don't need to prove anything to have it heatstamped. maico is exactly right, no time limit and you shouldn't have to prove when/where it was purchased. And btw, your Speedy is beautiful. It will look awesome with your initials.
You can have it heatstamp anytime! :smile: Whether it is brand new or pre-loved! They offer it for free as long as its authentic... :smile: ( Im not saying yours is not authentic :smile: ) Just bring your bag, it will look great with you initials on it!

:tup:

That would be a perfect time to ask. ;)

You don't need to prove anything to have it heatstamped. maico is exactly right, no time limit and you shouldn't have to prove when/where it was purchased. And btw, your Speedy is beautiful. It will look awesome with your initials.

:tup:

Aw thank you! :biggrin:
If you want to see more pics of her my reveal thread is here: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/reveal-19-year-old-speedy-25-a-866691.html

I'm totally obsessed with LV now. I can only afford to buy preloved but it doesn't bother me using a bag that someone else used before me. Especially after how I was treated today with my LV in the store, they were so nice to my boyfriend and I. We're 19 so I figured we wouldn't get any attention but right when I walked in the security/door man said "Your bag has aged beautifully!" and then the sales woman was referring to my boyfriend and I as madam and sir! (We were so loving it :cool:) but it just made me feel really special and like they cared about my needs even if they don't actually haha.