Arts & Crafts **My sterling silver nest ring project...what do you think???**lots of pics!

divadivine682

~lots of love~
O.G.
Feb 17, 2008
Well, I attempted to make a sterling silver nest ring and I think they came out pretty good! I love the way it looks when it's on...I just have to try to make a matching pendant :P I made two...one has a pink swarovski round faceted bead and the other has a swarovski crystal (colored) round faceted crystal I'm just waiting for the rest of my sterling wire to come in the mail (should be here tomorrow) so I can make more. What are your thoughts on this? Is it something you think I should introduce to my etsy store (as in, something people would buy?)? Thanks!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BLOG6051.jpg
    BLOG6051.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 301
  • BLOG6052.jpg
    BLOG6052.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 304
  • BLOG6056.jpg
    BLOG6056.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 298
  • BLOG6049.jpg
    BLOG6049.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 302
  • BLOG6050.jpg
    BLOG6050.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 295
I think they're very pretty & you should definitely put them in your etsy store! So the wire goes through the bead? About how big are the beads on the rings in your pics? I have a bigger finger and need to wear larger stones in my rings, but these are something I would buy! I like the pink a LOT!

Thanks Marnee! The bead size is 6mm and I think I have fairly larger fingers (the ring I was wearing was about an 8 or so) and it didn't look too weird size wise...My only problem with putting these rings on etsy is I don't have a ring mandrel!!! This is kinda funny....I searched my house and my mother in laws house to find something circular that would be my ring size (that i could slip my rings over). Well, it didn't work as I couldn't find anything. Well, fast forward to a few days ago....I was getting my daughter out of her crib when I happened to glance over at her changing table where I have a bunch of small samples of creams and things (from the free diaper bags I receieved at the hospital) under it. Would you believe the small tiny tube of johnson & johnsons baby lotion cap fit my ring perfectly?! LOL It was between that and a tube of lip smackers watermelon lip gloss! LOL Long story short, I think I would need a mandrel so I dont have to "eyeball" the size.....*runs to ebay to find a cheap one* LOL

very pretty!!! i think you should put them in your etsy store. i don't think you price them very high, but since they probably don't cost you a whole lot to make i bet you could get a lot of turn over on them :smile:

i dabbled in some rings for a tiny big, twisting wire seems to frustrate me! lol i'd like to find a way to keep the wires closer together (the part that goes around the finger)

Those are really pretty. I think you should list them. I have seen a lot of rings like that on etsy lately and have thought of making some myself.

These are just lovely!! If you are planning on selling them, since the main cost to you is probably your time/effort, you might want to offer them with real gems - you can pick up loose gemstones cheap from many websites/ebay and you might get a lot more for not much more outlay. Good luck!!