Arts & Crafts **My sterling silver nest ring project...what do you think???**lots of pics!

divadivine682

~lots of love~
O.G.
Feb 17, 2008
somewhere craving cupcakes
Well, I attempted to make a sterling silver nest ring and I think they came out pretty good! I love the way it looks when it's on...I just have to try to make a matching pendant :P I made two...one has a pink swarovski round faceted bead and the other has a swarovski crystal (colored) round faceted crystal I'm just waiting for the rest of my sterling wire to come in the mail (should be here tomorrow) so I can make more. What are your thoughts on this? Is it something you think I should introduce to my etsy store (as in, something people would buy?)? Thanks!!!!

Attachments

MarneeB

~Love My Dogs~
O.G.
Mar 15, 2009
Missouri
I think they're very pretty & you should definitely put them in your etsy store! So the wire goes through the bead? About how big are the beads on the rings in your pics? I have a bigger finger and need to wear larger stones in my rings, but these are something I would buy! I like the pink a LOT!

divadivine682

~lots of love~
O.G.
Feb 17, 2008
somewhere craving cupcakes
Thanks Marnee! The bead size is 6mm and I think I have fairly larger fingers (the ring I was wearing was about an 8 or so) and it didn't look too weird size wise...My only problem with putting these rings on etsy is I don't have a ring mandrel!!! This is kinda funny....I searched my house and my mother in laws house to find something circular that would be my ring size (that i could slip my rings over). Well, it didn't work as I couldn't find anything. Well, fast forward to a few days ago....I was getting my daughter out of her crib when I happened to glance over at her changing table where I have a bunch of small samples of creams and things (from the free diaper bags I receieved at the hospital) under it. Would you believe the small tiny tube of johnson & johnsons baby lotion cap fit my ring perfectly?! LOL It was between that and a tube of lip smackers watermelon lip gloss! LOL Long story short, I think I would need a mandrel so I dont have to "eyeball" the size.....*runs to ebay to find a cheap one* LOL

ILuvShopping

★☆★★☆★★☆★
Jun 4, 2007
Iowa
very pretty!!! i think you should put them in your etsy store. i don't think you price them very high, but since they probably don't cost you a whole lot to make i bet you could get a lot of turn over on them :smile:

i dabbled in some rings for a tiny big, twisting wire seems to frustrate me! lol i'd like to find a way to keep the wires closer together (the part that goes around the finger)

Sweetwon

you win or you die
Jun 18, 2008
Somewhere out there
Those are really pretty. I think you should list them. I have seen a lot of rings like that on etsy lately and have thought of making some myself.

ILuvShopping

★☆★★☆★★☆★
Jun 4, 2007
Iowa
btw - you can buy a cheap plastic ring mandrel on ebay for like $3. i think thats what mine was

bipolarbear

Jun 10, 2009
These are just lovely!! If you are planning on selling them, since the main cost to you is probably your time/effort, you might want to offer them with real gems - you can pick up loose gemstones cheap from many websites/ebay and you might get a lot more for not much more outlay. Good luck!!