My Speedy Will Have a Story To Tell

patzgirl

Oct 13, 2010
Okay, so I listed my Mono Speedy 30 on the bay about a week and a half ago. It sold last Wednesday to someone local so we arranged a pickup at my church lol! My husband was with me and we felt very safe, etc. Well, as soon as she pulled the Speedy out of the bag I had it in she thought it was fake! Apparently, she was thrown off by the skinny handles. At the time I couldn't find the receipt, but I don't think it would have made her feel much better anyway since from the get go seeing the bag she accused me of having a fake. I wish at that point I would have just cancelled the sale. But she was super nice my husband and I both reassured her it was indeed genuine and right then and there she left positive feedback for me and she seemed content and happy. Fast forward to yesterday when I logged into the bay to buy an iphone case and low and behold she had opened a case against me claiming the bag was fake and not as described as listed! OMG! I couldn't believe it! I was so scared to sell it on there anyway but felt okay when all was said and done. She opened the case against me the very same night! She said that LV told her the date code doesn't correlate with any bag they've ever made! WTH??? Although we talked on the phone last week prior to meeting, she won't answer my calls or return them, she's only communicating through the bay, which for both our protection I can understand. She is requesting a full refund, which I have agreed to as long as the bag is in the exact same condition that I sold it to her. I feel like I need to fight it through the bay since the bag is authentic, but then again I just want to be done with it and have my anxiety level go back down knowing I have to take the bag back after who knows how many hands have been on it. I had only used it twice in a year so it literally looked brand new. I am so nervous and I just hope things go well when we meet which hopefully will be tomorrow. Thanks for listening and any helpful advice would be appreciated.

And just to add, I am not trying to sell on TPF.

sounds like buyer's remorse. probably her first LV and she didnt expect the handle to be that short like you mention. hopefully it comes back the same condition you sold it to her as. sending good vibe your way OP.

Thankfully I have lots of pictures of the bag as well as the date code. Hopefully she wouldn't be able to find a fake with the same date code right? I am just sick over it and to know that I am being accused of selling a fake makes it even worse!

She said she had several LVs but she couldn't remember what the names were. And another claim is that the brass hardware doesn't match, so the ony thing I can think of is that the brass attaching the handles to the bag isn't as shiny as the rivets, zipper, etc. But, the brass on my DE Speedy is the same way.

What a nightmare! Hope you get your bag back in the same condition you gave it to the buyer in, and can resolve this. I read stories about these types of problems on this forum, and am beginning to think it would be better to consign or outright sell to a commercial buyer than be victimized like this! I have never bought or sold on ebay but am wondering if all of you experienced buyers and sellers run into a lot of this type of problem?

She cant remember the names? Yea, ok. lol. People that spend the amount of money we do on bags know the names. What an idiot, she sounds like a scammer. Have you searched her name on the message boards on here?

This can be heartbreaking I know---make sure she ships the bag back to you insured priority. She will be out of those cost for the headache. I would also put in the notes that you met her locally and hand delivered the bag with your husband as a witness that she was satisfied. Call and speak with someone as well as it will help your case. I know these things can be a pain but its worth fighting for your good name....and feedback

She said she had several LVs but she couldn't remember what the names were. And another claim is that the brass hardware doesn't match, so the ony thing I can think of is that the brass attaching the handles to the bag isn't as shiny as the rivets, zipper, etc. But, the brass on my DE Speedy is the same way.

See my post #11

I would definitely pursue it so you don't look bad, and as far as I know, Louis SA's will NOT tell you anything about the codes, or authenticate anything.

Yea, I called LV 3 times yesterday and that's exactly what they told me about the date codes, that they basically don't give out any info about the codes. I did have 2 reps tell me the date codes are used for inventory and replacement part purposes and another rep told me its the initials of the bag maker and the week & year made, but that's all they would say.

This is for sure a lesson well learned!

She cant remember the names? Yea, ok. lol. People that spend the amount of money we do on bags know the names. What an idiot, she sounds like a scammer. Have you searched her name on the message boards on here?

Exactly! I said the same thing, the amount of money we spend on these bags I know the name, date I purchased, SA name, etc.

I don't even know how to search her name on here, would I search her real name or *bay user name?

Exactly! I said the same thing, the amount of money we spend on these bags I know the name, date I purchased, SA name, etc.

I don't even know how to search her name on here, would I search her real name or *bay user name?
I believe ebay name. Like in the "authenticate this" threads, there are people that have been reported as scammers by multiple people.