My Speedy is Making Me Sad :(

scaredycat

O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
This is a little long so thanks for reading!

I just bought a Damier Ebene Speedy 30 more than a week ago and I love it to bits!
Trouble is...now that I have the 30, my mono speedy 25 is making me really sad.
Thing is, I bought the mono early this year in Feb. I thought I was OK with the size 25, but now that I have the 30, the 25 is too small for everyday use! I have been sort of regretting getting the 25 before because when I bought it, my DH said he liked the Tivoli PM better but it was my first brand new LV, so I did not want to go over the 1K mark. Tivoli is out of my system for now so that's not an issue.

Anyways, long story short, I still want to keep the 25 because I think I can use it for dressier occasions. Plus I stand to lose a lot because the resale is not that great.

But I can't help feeling sad and regretful everytime I see it, and now I really want to get a mono 30. I feel that if I buy the mono 30, I will "correct" my mistake and not have any more regrets.

One more thing....I wanted to get the azur 30 next as this has been on my wishlist for quite a while.

So now I am not sure whether I should get a mono 30 or an azur one first.

I don't like feeling sad about my 25, do you think buying the mono 30 first will make the sadness go away? I was thinking maybe I can get the mono 30 preloved to save some money, then I can get the azur 30 faster?
I just don't want to get the azur first, and still have that nagging feeling about the mono thirty.

What would you do? Always grateful for your thoughts :flowers:

Last edited:
I think if you bought the Mono 30, you'd completely neglect the 25 and realise you no longer love the bag. If I were you, I would just sell the 25 and put the funds towards a Mono 30 which will replace the need for a Mono Speedy. You can always get the Azur at a later date, perhaps closer to Spring/Summer.

My vote is to sell the Speedy 25 and use the funds for what you really want. You never want bag regret. Love it completely, or not at all. Spending that much money means you have to love it, so get what you really want. :smile:

Thanks Kenzo...I'm so torn about parting with the 25...it has the perfect gorgeous patina that I love...I've already told a few of my friends that I wanted to sell it, but haven't had the heart to send them pics yet because I can't make up my mind...but then I've been wanting the azur for so long as well.

Thanks LVKeepall...so you think I should forget about the Mono 30 for now?

Yes, in that way, you'll have Speedys in three different patterns. The 30 ebene will cover the need for a brown Speedy which was formally covered by the 25. Save 25 for special occassions.

It's kinda like Continental airlines (my favorite when I travel). They used to use Boeing 757 for long haul then, they switched to the bigger 767 and used smaller 757 for domestic flights....now, they are also using the big 777 for long haul flights...see they have all grounds covered. Same will happen with your 3 Speedy's.

The mono 25 is sweet for dressier occasions and with certain outfit - it has a more dainty look, so I don't think it's altogether bad to own one, even though you won't be using it as an everyday bag.

I think if you bought the Mono 30, you'd completely neglect the 25 and realise you no longer love the bag. If I were you, I would just sell the 25 and put the funds towards a Mono 30 which will replace the need for a Mono Speedy. You can always get the Azur at a later date, perhaps closer to Spring/Summer.

Completely agree!

I agree with everyone else, I would sell the Speedy 25 and buy the Speedy 30. Your new Speedy will Patina as well. If you don't want to part with your 25, you could also buy pre-LVoe'd Speedy as well? Some already have a beautiful patina and you could save a bundle of $$$. Just a thought!

i say keep your mono 25 and save up money for the azur. it's a great size for the days you don't need to haul around too much. also, since its your first LV i have a feeling down the line you might regret not having it in your collection.

I'd keep the 25 since you have a 30 you are happy with and want an Azur - then once you have all three you can see if you still want a Mono 30. Even though the 30 is bigger, it would still be basically the same bag and you might get tired of carrying the same pattern all the time (30 every day and 25 on special occasions)?

Funny you say this.. When I first got into LV I looked at both the speedy 25 and 30.. the 25 even seemed big on me. I'm sure it was just the style and something I wasnt used to. It wasnt long after that I bought a speedy 30 in the Multicolor.. talk about change. Like you felt the speedy 25 was small after that.

I did end up replacing my mono speedy 25 with a 39 but bought a azur speedy 25 and its just adorable. and the damier I think looks too big in a speedy 30 and would buy a speedy 25.. but thats me.

I say keep your 25.. use it for days when you want to carry a light bag... :smile: