My Speedy is driving me crazy lately...

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. ...and not in a good way. It's really hot and humid here now, and I get all paranoid when carrying my Speedy because my skin is of course going to be a bit sweaty. I've never used any kind of leather protectant on the handles and I'm wondering if I should start doing that now? I've had my Speedy for a while now and it has a fair bit of patina on the handles. I live in Taiwan so I can't find any of the Applegard or Shining Monkey stuff here. Any suggestions? I might just buy a cheap scarf and tie it onto the handles for when i carry it.

2. Oh ya... Taiwan gets really hot and humid around this time and carrying a mono speedy will definitely get on your nerves. :yes: You can try looking for Apple Garde and Shining Monkey on eBay and see if the seller is willing to ship it to TW or just put a cute scarf on the handles.

Btw, you look cute in your avatar. I'm Taiwanese too! :amuse:

3. I've had my mono Speedy 30 since 1998. I've never used anything on it and I don't have any problems with stains, dirt, etc. on the handles. It still looks great!

4. Kinda makes me wish I had a Damier Speedy but my bf will definitely kill me if I buy another one :cry: I just bought a white MC bandeau, but since it's silk, I'm afraid of messing that up too :sad: Guess I'll just grab a cheapy white small scarf to tie onto the handles, since nobody in Taiwan (or other parts of Asia) seems to know what AG or SM are.

And thanks :biggrin: That picture is the result of my bf's fantastic photography. We went to Haagen Dazs and I told him I wanted to take pictures with my baby. He was a bit miffed when I said I meant my SPEEDY and not HIM :roflmfao:

Yay for Taiwanese PF members :flowers:

5. Wow... where do you live? Can I live there too? :P Taiwan's weather is repulsive in the spring/summer. It's hard to carry LV without worrying about the weather messing it up.

6. :roflmfao::roflmfao: You should tell him "but if you buy me a damier speedy, YOU can be my ultimate baby!!" :graucho:

Btw, how much is a damier speedy over there now? When I went to Taipei 101 last year, I noticed the LV prices there were about 30% higher than the prices we have in USA.

7. I'm not sure how much the Damier Speedy is right now, since the last time I went into LV was about a week before the price increase. My Bandeau was $3,700 and my Small Agenda was $8,850 (both prices in NTD with 5% tax included). That's about $119 for the bandeau and $285 for the agenda. I think the prices in America were 105 and 240 before tax, so it's actually about the same?

Of course, if you're planning a trip to LV in Taiwan anytime soon, let me know what you want and I can call and ask for prices :flowers: :amuse:

8. Aww.. you're so sweet! :love: I was just curious of the price over there that's all. I might want to get a mono speedy 25 there since I know it'll for sure be made in France instead of USA like the ones over here. I miss Taiwan and all the great food there. :cry: I'm hoping I can go back for a visit next year.

9. Yep, my Speedy is made in France too, but I didn't know they're all French made in Taiwan... interesting :yes:

Mmmm, good food... I'm just about to head out to grab some 紅豆湯 or 豆花... whichever seems more appealing in this 30C+ weather :rolleyes:

10. U can try to get them to ship Apple Garde over to you. I live in Singapore and I just got my apple Garde to protect all my other LV bags with vachetta and it's worth the money! :smile:

Always look on the bright side of life, it's supposed to always be 30C+ in Singapore all year round but it's been raining for weeks. :Push:

11. Oh, you're killing me right now!! :cry::cry::cry:

12. Wow! How much was the total cost? I'd be interested in doing that, but I assumed it would be too expensive...? Does the AG make the vachetta completely waterproof?

13. I'd send you some, but it'd 發霉 and then get denied by customs :P

14. :cry::lol::lol:

15. OMG can I have some of that too? I really miss that!!! I am from Hong Kong but my husband is from T.W. we usually went back there once a year! I really miss the food in T.W........ahhhhhhhhhh :lol: May be I can bring you some Applegard next time when I go back ~ :yes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice