My Speedy is driving me crazy lately...

May 23, 2006
...and not in a good way. It's really hot and humid here now, and I get all paranoid when carrying my Speedy because my skin is of course going to be a bit sweaty. I've never used any kind of leather protectant on the handles and I'm wondering if I should start doing that now? I've had my Speedy for a while now and it has a fair bit of patina on the handles. I live in Taiwan so I can't find any of the Applegard or Shining Monkey stuff here. Any suggestions? I might just buy a cheap scarf and tie it onto the handles for when i carry it.

Oh ya... Taiwan gets really hot and humid around this time and carrying a mono speedy will definitely get on your nerves. :yes: You can try looking for Apple Garde and Shining Monkey on ebay and see if the seller is willing to ship it to TW or just put a cute scarf on the handles.

Btw, you look cute in your avatar. I'm Taiwanese too! :amuse:

I've had my mono Speedy 30 since 1998. I've never used anything on it and I don't have any problems with stains, dirt, etc. on the handles. It still looks great!

Irissy said:
Oh ya... Taiwan gets really hot and humid around this time and carrying a mono speedy will definitely get on your nerves. :yes: You can try looking for Apple Garde and Shining Monkey on ebay and see if the seller is willing to ship it to TW or just put a cute scarf on the handles.

Btw, you look cute in your avatar. I'm Taiwanese too! :amuse:

Kinda makes me wish I had a Damier Speedy but my bf will definitely kill me if I buy another one :cry: I just bought a white MC bandeau, but since it's silk, I'm afraid of messing that up too :sad: Guess I'll just grab a cheapy white small scarf to tie onto the handles, since nobody in Taiwan (or other parts of Asia) seems to know what AG or SM are.

And thanks :biggrin: That picture is the result of my bf's fantastic photography. We went to Haagen Dazs and I told him I wanted to take pictures with my baby. He was a bit miffed when I said I meant my SPEEDY and not HIM :roflmfao:

Yay for Taiwanese PF members :flowers:

Leah411 said:
I've had my mono Speedy 30 since 1998. I've never used anything on it and I don't have any problems with stains, dirt, etc. on the handles. It still looks great!

Wow... where do you live? Can I live there too? :P Taiwan's weather is repulsive in the spring/summer. It's hard to carry LV without worrying about the weather messing it up.

littlepanda said:
Kinda makes me wish I had a Damier Speedy but my bf will definitely kill me if I buy another one :cry: I just bought a white MC bandeau, but since it's silk, I'm afraid of messing that up too :sad: Guess I'll just grab a cheapy white small scarf to tie onto the handles, since nobody in Taiwan (or other parts of Asia) seems to know what AG or SM are.

And thanks :biggrin: That picture is the result of my bf's fantastic photography. We went to Haagen Dazs and I told him I wanted to take pictures with my baby. He was a bit miffed when I said I meant my SPEEDY and not HIM :roflmfao:

Yay for Taiwanese PF members :flowers:
:roflmfao::roflmfao: You should tell him "but if you buy me a damier speedy, YOU can be my ultimate baby!!" :graucho:

Btw, how much is a damier speedy over there now? When I went to Taipei 101 last year, I noticed the LV prices there were about 30% higher than the prices we have in USA.

Irissy said:
:roflmfao::roflmfao: You should tell him "but if you buy me a damier speedy, YOU can be my ultimate baby!!" :graucho:

Btw, how much is a damier speedy over there now? When I went to Taipei 101 last year, I noticed the LV prices there were about 30% higher than the prices we have in USA.

I'm not sure how much the Damier Speedy is right now, since the last time I went into LV was about a week before the price increase. My Bandeau was $3,700 and my Small Agenda was $8,850 (both prices in NTD with 5% tax included). That's about $119 for the bandeau and $285 for the agenda. I think the prices in America were 105 and 240 before tax, so it's actually about the same?

Of course, if you're planning a trip to LV in Taiwan anytime soon, let me know what you want and I can call and ask for prices :flowers: :amuse:

littlepanda said:
Of course, if you're planning a trip to LV in Taiwan anytime soon, let me know what you want and I can call and ask for prices :flowers: :amuse:

Aww.. you're so sweet! :love: I was just curious of the price over there that's all. I might want to get a mono speedy 25 there since I know it'll for sure be made in France instead of USA like the ones over here. I miss Taiwan and all the great food there. :cry: I'm hoping I can go back for a visit next year.

Irissy said:
Aww.. you're so sweet! :love: I was just curious of the price over there that's all. I might want to get a mono speedy 25 there since I know it'll for sure be made in France instead of USA like the ones over here. I miss Taiwan and all the great food there. :cry: I'm hoping I can go back for a visit next year.

Yep, my Speedy is made in France too, but I didn't know they're all French made in Taiwan... interesting :yes:

Mmmm, good food... I'm just about to head out to grab some 紅豆湯 or 豆花... whichever seems more appealing in this 30C+ weather :rolleyes:

U can try to get them to ship Apple Garde over to you. I live in Singapore and I just got my apple Garde to protect all my other LV bags with vachetta and it's worth the money! :smile:

Always look on the bright side of life, it's supposed to always be 30C+ in Singapore all year round but it's been raining for weeks. :Push:

littlepanda said:
Mmmm, good food... I'm just about to head out to grab some 紅豆湯 or 豆花... whichever seems more appealing in this 30C+ weather :rolleyes:

Oh, you're killing me right now!! :cry::cry::cry:

Itsabagslife said:
U can try to get them to ship Apple Garde over to you. I live in Singapore and I just got my apple Garde to protect all my other LV bags with vachetta and it's worth the money! :smile:

Always look on the bright side of life, it's supposed to always be 30C+ in Singapore all year round but it's been raining for weeks. :Push:

Wow! How much was the total cost? I'd be interested in doing that, but I assumed it would be too expensive...? Does the AG make the vachetta completely waterproof?

littlepanda said:

OMG can I have some of that too? I really miss that!!! I am from Hong Kong but my husband is from T.W. we usually went back there once a year! I really miss the food in T.W........ahhhhhhhhhh :lol: May be I can bring you some Applegard next time when I go back ~ :yes: