My speedy has no d-ring?! Can that happen?

Raindropz412

Jun 6, 2016
Hi,

I’m not sure if anyone has already started this thread before but I’m really nervous right now... I just recently bought my dream bag off from ebay, the monogram speedy 30 watercolor in marron(brown) and had it authenticated as soon as I received it. It was authentic based in the photos I’ve submitted. But while I was admiring the bag today, it didn’t have a d-ring! I didn’t have that along with the photos I’ve submitted for authentication...I’ve been looking at photos and youtube videos of other ladies who owns the watercolor speedy bags and it looks like all of them has one Can it be possible that it was a defect? Or do I need a second authentication??? For the amount I’ve spent along with tax that ebay started collecting this year and importing fees, this bag needs to be authentic!

Attachments

• B600F221-7E7D-4370-B742-417E63349479.jpeg
    B600F221-7E7D-4370-B742-417E63349479.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 1,233
I don't have an answer for you but your bag is beautiful!

I didn't realize they came in the size 30. I thought the watercolor speedy only came in the size 35.
Size 30 was only available in Japan and Hawaii from what I’ve heard. I was extremely happy when I received it and it looks authentic. I did, however, sent photos for authentication. Even though it was deemed authentic... I just have teeny doubt due to the missing d-ring

Hi. Since you have an eBay link and you have more pictures available since you purchased it, maybe our lovely authenticators can authenticate it for you. Go to the LV shopping forum and the authenticate forum and follow the steps on the first page.

Good luck.

Reactions: MeepMeep67
Hi. Since you have an eBay link and you have more pictures available since you purchased it, maybe our lovely authenticators can authenticate it for you. Go to the LV shopping forum and the authenticate forum and follow the steps on the first page.

Good luck.
Hi,
I wasn’t sure if I can upload ebay link after I made the purchase, I thought I could only do that prior to purchasing the bag? I’ll upload my photos on the LV authenticate if I’m allowed to do it. Thanks!

Can I ask what you mean by D ring and where it would be located? I looked at 2 YouTube videos and they both look like your bag, which by the way is beautiful.
The d-ring is inside on the opposite side of the pocket. I overlooked it at first, I just thought that maybe this collection didn’t have the d-ring but after watching few yt reviews, there is a small d-ring on others... everything about this bag is beautiful and I love it! And all the details looks authentic to me except for the missing d-ring...I’ll try to find a shot of the d-ring online if I can...

So here is a photo of a d-ring that I’m talking about... this is not my photo, I took a screen shot from ebay...
So my bag doesn’t have that...

Attachments

• 1046DB57-4357-4735-ADB2-0B57B5C4E282.jpeg
    1046DB57-4357-4735-ADB2-0B57B5C4E282.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 953
Could it have been there before and fell off or was pulled off? Or did it looked like it wasn’t there in the first place?
It looks like it wasn’t there to begin with, no signs that indicate a repair of any sorts...:sad:
I took your? Or someone’s suggestion and posted on the authenticate forum few mins ago... hopefully someone can enlighten me on this issue...fingers crossed!

I have one and I just ran up to look at mine. It has one. I would think maybe they just missed putting it on your bag? Can you take it to LV and have it looked at?
I’m not sure if LV will take a look at my bag... Probably come to a fast judgement that it’s a replica if I say that I bought it off from ebay? No?