My Speedy 25 is a saint..

aptreex

Jul 27, 2008
While out walking today I saw a lady carrying a nicely patina'd Speedy 25. She just looked so great! Which reminded me of my poor little Speedy 25 sitting on my dresser (My current day to day is the Totally pm).

My Speedy was my very first LV, and for some unfortunate reason, I became very OCD about the vachetta handles. So within the first 6 months of bringing her home, I had:
- Baby wiped it (while the vachetta was pretty new.. why oh why..)
- Magic eraser'd it (:cry: .. the vachetta wasn't even that patina'd.. what was I thinking...)
- Applied olive oil since the eraser dried the handles out a bit
- Applied water all over the vachetta to.. I don't know.. wash away some of the oliver oil? :shucks:

Did the above a few times, and since by then the handles were no longer new looking:
- Used a lint roller on it (strangely, seemed to have removed dirt from the handles.. probably because a thin thin layer of the leather was removed..)
- Left it out in the sun, but then I went to see a movie and it rained.. :faint:
- Used saddle soap on the vachetta to clean and moisturize.. this actually went pretty well. Cleaned up the handles pretty well.

The poor little guy is still looking pretty good after all that.. but the handles are actually a bit pale and grayish compared to the pull tabs.. as if the platina process got stunted. So today I brought it infront of the hot steam humidifier to simulate a warm humid climate (I've read that in these conditions the platina process happens very quickly?) and then applied shae butter all over the handles. And stuffed it with white t-shirts. It actually isn't looking so bad. I know, hard to believe. But I do miss the nice smooth shiney handles from regular use as opposed to all this abuse.

Sigh.

I do love my poor little Speedy 25. :shame:

tree

Here are some pictures. The bag was only purchased October 2008.

It is stuffed with shirts but not distributed perfectly evenly, so the shape is a little warped. Plus I took the lock off today to let the tab "rest".

Second picture shows the handle more. As you can see, the middle part is still dirty looking which is the trigger of all my OCD behaviors. I love holding the rolled handles in my hand.. it just feels so nice.. but I guess my hands are not all that clean. :yucky:

tree

Attachments

• CIMG1639.JPG
    CIMG1639.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 316
  • CIMG1640.JPG
    CIMG1640.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 378
Speedy is the best! I just love my little 25; I get a little surge of excitement when it is her week to be paraded.

I apply saddle soap to all of my vachetta twice a year. It really does help!

so what happened that made you start cleaning it so much? heh.. was it dirty handles or was it an attempt to make it patina faster? I kind of feel sorry for the speedy.. although in the pictures your speedy looks good..
my SA is the leather manager for the boutique I frequent, and all she ever told me I need to do, to clean the handles, is to use a regular type of white paper eraser.

Its a cute speedy though..

so what happened that made you start cleaning it so much? heh.. was it dirty handles or was it an attempt to make it patina faster? I kind of feel sorry for the speedy.. although in the pictures your speedy looks good..
my SA is the leather manager for the boutique I frequent, and all she ever told me I need to do, to clean the handles, is to use a regular type of white paper eraser.

Its a cute speedy though..

My SA said the same, and the paper eraser actually does work.

she is a cutie!! after what she has been thru...she can write a book about her adventure!!:nuts: she deserves your full attention!! please take her out and show her the world!!!