My skin is blowing up after stopping BC pills and I'm getting married in a month!

^ Agreed. Happened to me too. Go to a derm. Mine gave me pills and a lotion.

I use Cetaphil, Lush Tea Tree Toner, and a prescription lotion/moisturizer. HTH!

ETA: CONGRATS!!

This is one of my biggest fears since I am on BC pills to control my harmones/acne caused by my harmones. I don't ever want to suffer from acne again.

I went to a derm BEFORE being perscribed BC.
I want to warn you that I would not take antibiotics unless I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO.
I got really sick from them. 3 years later I am still not 100% healthy.

He did also prescribe topical lotions to use which have helped me greatly.
Please think twice before taking antibiotics for acne.

Since you asked about drugstore goods I HIGHLY recommend Neutrogena's Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask. It shrinks pimples promptly when you use it like a mask, and maintains a very healthy face when used as a cleanser. MUA has a lot of reviews on their site for it, and I lovelovelove it. I switch off between that and Cetaphil for face washing. :biggrin:

I was on BCP and decided to switch to an IUD. I had horrible acne on my chin from the IUD. I tried several topical products and nothing made any difference. The only thing that made the acne better was taking out that damn IUD. I hated that thing. I agree with the others that you should see a derm ASAP. I don't think any over-the-counter products are going to help. I hope you have better luck with the IUD than I did and congrats on the upcoming wedding!!!

go to your derm! my mommy is amazing help hehe and i think it would really be the fastest way to clear your skin. for now you should be drinking more water if you don't drink enough already. cut out your caffeine and sodas if you drink that.

oh and i really like mario badescu too. drying and buffering lotion!

Thanks everybody :biggrin: I am going to see if I can find a dermatologist - honestly I am so used to not having health insurance (got it last year after not having for a few years) that it never even occurred to me to do that. I'm switching from coffee as my go-to to caffeine free fruit teas & water, so that should help.

This happened to me also when I switched to my IUD. Proactiv helped my skin a lot! We have this little computerized vending machine that sells Proactiv at our mall. I was mortified to stand there with acne buying Proactiv with everyone in the mall watching! So I sent my DH! He is such a trooper. Antibiotics do work well if your not prone to yeast infections.

I've also experienced this after I stopped taking Ortho. I definitely suggest going to the Derm, but in the meantime visit acne.org I got the name of that site off this board and since I've started using the regime he recommends my skin has cleared up like 100%..it really is amazing. Basically what I do is wash my face w/ Cetaphil (recommended by my Derm), then about 5-10 min later I use Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne treatment all over my face in a thin layer. This is a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. The trick is to not rub this into your face but gently guide it across your skin and let it sink it. Then you wait about 10 min and let it fully soak in. After that you apply your moisturizer, which again I use Cetaphil since it's very gentle. Now, I only do this once a day, but I believe on the site he says you can do it 2x a day, if needed. I saw results in about 2 days and haven't had a break out since. Definitely give the site a look!! Hope this helps and CONGRATS on your upcoming wedding!!!!!!