My sister ruined my chanel....

Maybe talk to you sister and see if she can "buy" it from you as is ~ so that she can view the "damage" that she has caused?? I buy gifts for my sister all the time, gift is a gift... Although my sisters and I never borrow things from each other (we are very different in terms of "styles") however, IMO when it comes to "borrowing", then there should be a rule like "if you damage it you pay for it" kinda rule? Regardless sisters or friends... we should be responsible..... no hard feelings :hugs:

It's really nice of you to lend her the bag when you have not used it yet! Such a sweet girl. Speaks well of u as a sister. One with a big heart too. Continue to be that special sister to her ok! Well, after all, it's just a bag! Bags get old, damaged and discarded. Not for sisters!

the puffiness with deflate with time anyways- your relationship is much more important! Don't get upset over a bag...when there are things I don't want my sister to borrow, I keep them stored in places that she doesn't think to look when she comes over to go through my closet...haha

Some things will be forgotten eventually, even beloved bags. Don't let this bother you. I know it's easy said than done, but your sister sounds like a nice sis to me. You already let her know about how you felt. I think she will try to make it up for you somehow.

I was just feeling lucky not having any of my well loved things ruined by others, then I remembered my cousin breaking the pedal of my piano. LOL I can't even imagine how she managed to do that. Didn't confront her but never let her near my piano again.

that sucks, i'm sorry to hear about what happened. this is exactly why i never borrow anything to anyone except my mom. i don't have any siblings but i have had friends ask me before and though it's hard to say no sometimes, i just put it nicely as to why i don't feel comfortable and my friends are respectful of it. i hope u are able to find a solution as to what you want to do, sell or keep or deal with the aftermath. :smile: be happy and don't let a bag ruin the relationship between u and ur sis.

It sucks that it happened, but yeah, it IS, on the grand scale of things, just a purse. In the future, as long as she knows to ask before borrowing your expensive goods, that'll set a good precedent.

On the bright side - if there is a bright side - your bag now has some history behind it! When you and your sis are older, you can now point to your bag and remember the time that she borrowed it without asking, and laugh as only sisters can do (ok...very cheesy moment, but I love my sis so I'm all for cheese!). I have items like that - books, mainly, that are slightly dented or coffee-stained, and I remember they're that way because I lent them to certain people who really matter to me (who are careless, but I love them for it), and then I smile remembering them.

God I'm such sentimentalist! :cloud9:

Maybe your sister is not a Chanel person...many people who do not know that much about designer bags do not know the "value" of them...if this is so it's hard to blame them...

since she's your sister...there's nothing you can really do except to prevent future happenings~!

So sorry this happened. While you probably won't insist that she pays for the "damage", I think you should still confront her to let her know how you feel - she needs to realise that irresponsible actions on her part have negative consequences on others, including those nearest and dearest. Hopefully that will teach her a lesson so she won't repeat the same mistake in the future.

I hate it when someone borrows my things and doesn't care for them the way that I do, but if it were my sister I'd let it go. I would however talk to her about how you were saving it and how special it is to you.