My second Chanel this year ...

May 30, 2007
In January, I splurged on a glazed lambskin jumbo flap in black with the 2.55 lock. (Detailed in a separate post.) I loved it, but was mistaken that the glazed lambskin would be more durable than lambskin. It was a very fragile bag -- and I have a 3-year-old -- so I eBayed my glazed bag and promptly called my SA in New York and had him send this beauty, which arrived today.

I have to admit the caviar leather really doesn't do it for me like my lambskin bags. But on the bright side, it seems nearly plastic so I am hoping that means it'll be more indestructible than my lambs are.

What do you think? Did I make a bad choice? (Obviously, rationally I didn't, but I am not sure the caviar jumbos are as pretty as lambskin?) Is the caviar substance leather or something else? It actually feels more like a Louis Vuitton canvas bag or something.

Attachments

• newcaviar.jpg
    newcaviar.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 619
attachment.php

Great choice, gorgy bag....u look FAB on her:tup:

Thanks ladies. I know I can always trust your feedback. I know this sounds strange, but the whole caviar leather thing is a completely different experience than lambskin. If you can't tell this is my first caviar jumbo, and I'm just surprised by how tough and rigid it is! I am sure I'll get used to it, and meanwhile my glazed bag has found a new home with a hopefully childless new owner ... :smile:

Caviar leather is so pretty, the more you see your bag, the more you will fall for it, trust me :smile: My classic flap in caviar leather, becomes prettier and prettier everytime I bring her out. You really did make a good choice.

The caviar is leather, and it's really durable. I think it's just rigid on the flap, because I have the caviar leather on another bag, and it's very pliable and soft. It's just that, that flap itself is rigid, not the leather.

But congrats, the bag does look great on you!

Caviar is leather... it just has a different finish that makes it more durable and resistant to scratches. I actually like the pebbly look of the caviar! I think it's more practical for your everyday needs (especially with a 3 year old!) and it looks great on you, so don't second guess it! Congrats!

It's beautiful and you wear it very well ;)

Congratulations! I'm still waiting for my first Chanel handbag :sad: which, judging at the rate of these price increases, I don't know will ever happen!