My second Chanel this year ...

I remember when I first received my caviar Jumbo (returned it to store) thinking that the leather looked and felt more like plastic than leather. I didn't like the rigidity and found the flap annoying to open and close due to the stiffness. The caviar on my Medallion and GST totes are also rigid but still look and smell like leather.

That all said, I regret returning my caviar Jumbo (brown) as it was a gorgeous bag and at the old price point of $1695.

I think this new bag looks great on you and is perfect for someone with a young child!

It's actually Calfskin with a pebbly treatment ... don't worry it's real leather.
And the bag is gorgeous on you and it will last you a long long time .... I know, I have the exact bag :smile:

I love caviar. Lambskin is gorgeous, but it seems so delicate. I haven't used my lamb bag yet because I'm afraid to!

The lambskin on the new bags isn't as fragile as it used to be (say on vintage bags from the 1990s era, which is as far back as I go). But I still found if I reached into my lambskin and wasn't looking and my fingernails accidentally touched the inside of the bag, it'd get a nasty permanent scratch.

I think I'm at the point where I'm only going to do lambskin for special occasions. They are not everyday bags for sure, which is a disappointment because they are SO beautiful.

Thanks ladies. I know I can always trust your feedback. I know this sounds strange, but the whole caviar leather thing is a completely different experience than lambskin. If you can't tell this is my first caviar jumbo, and I'm just surprised by how tough and rigid it is! I am sure I'll get used to it, and meanwhile my glazed bag has found a new home with a hopefully childless new owner ... :smile:

oh good thing i knew about your glazed lambskin experience.I've been dreaming of that bag in dark white with the new chain.But now I think I've changed my mind if its too delicate:confused1::confused1: I'm careless at times i might ruin it:Push:

I love Caviar!! I never could get into lambskin because I just can't relax while carrying that bag--I would constantly worry about damaging it or scratching it. With caviar you can carry your bag, look super chic, and relax and go about your day worry-free

Nothing beats the look and feel of lambskin leather. It just feels so luxurious and soft and I believe it can take a lot more than most people think.

But lambskin is surely not practical with a 3 year old, I agree. Caviar is then the best way to go, since it is so durable and easy to clean.

Anyway, the Jumbo looks great on you, enjoy it!