My Sassy Girl

ive read the summary on the american version, the plot is kind of....different.. either way, itll really be different since theyre going to use american culture to portray everything.

"Jesse, 27, and Elisha, 24, play the two main stars of My Sassy Girl, which is a remake of a South Korean romantic comedy film. The film will tell the story of a sweet Midwestern guy (Bradford) with his life planned out for himself is wooed, groomed, and ultimately dumped by a complicated, elusive gal (Cuthbert). It’ll be interesting how the two movies will compare, especially the girl’s mantra, “YOU WANNA DIE?” (JOO GUL LAE?)."

not looking forward to them ruining the original :s the way they did with Il Mare (The Lakehouse)

My friend loves this movie! I finally borrowed it from her and I'm so sorry but I didnt like it...:sad:
To me it was obvious what was going to happen at the end. My boyf on the other hand thought it was really good. :yes:
I can't see the american version being any good.

i heard about this movie from almost everyone! they all said it was good and they loved it (korean version). so i finally watched it...and i must say, it was so crappy! i was so disappointed. it was kind of annoying actually. i'm currently watching the american version and it sucks too. but if i had to pick which was better it would be the korean version.

Ek, I'm sure they'll ruin the original.

^^ ITA TnC. I must admit I didn't really "get" what was so great about the original korean version. My BF loves that movie so much, but I watched it with him and didn't really get it. :shrugs:

I'm sort of sick how the US always remakes Asian movies, i.e. Hong Kong's amaaaazing Infernal Affairs turned into the US's The Departed, and now My Sassy Girl. Geez, get your own ideas. :lol:

I never seen the Korean one bc I can never find it @ the rental places I go to!

BUt I did rent the american one last nite.

wasn't that great.

i was frustrated on how they made it so complicating just to be together!

but in the end,,,,,,nevermind, dont wanna spoil it for any1!

The korean version is so much better! ALso the scene in the subway.....when the girl hits the guy~ it was much more cruel vs. when Elisha did it lol (it was supposed to be a really funny scene but they didn't capture it as well as I would have liked them to.)

When you guys get a chance you should definately watch the korean version!

I haven't seen the US version but I've seen the Korean version with english subtitles. I loved the movie - it was very cute. Loved the ending. I don't know if I'm up to watching the US one for fear of disappointment.

Lots of Korean films are being being remade-- for example, the recent horror film, Mirrors, was also originally a Korean movie... I only know this because I LOVE Yoo Ji Tae and will watch just about anything with him in it.

I don't know why, but I just don't have the desire to watch any Hollywood remakes... I have yet to see one better than the original.

I love this movie. My mom and I watch it all the time together, it's so cute and really funny. I'm curious to see the remake, although they can't beat the original acting. no doubt about that. I can finally watch without subtitles now. >.<

I just saw this movie on dvd and I havent seen the korean though i knew they had it, i liked the plot, the part that got me cuz i was prob too sensitive and got watery when he was reading her letter bout waiting a year and all that.

yea and i agree they have remade alot of movies, like "the grudge", but they been alright at least. of course the original movie will most likely rule over cuz it was the main idea.