My Sarah Wallet is wearing out is this normal?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've only started to use my wallet last in beginning of (2010) on everyday basics, but before that I hardly touched it. I just noticed that my wallet is beginning to show wear and tear is this normal?

The second pix there isn't a sign of wear

Attached Files:

2. Can I ask a few questions?

1) Do you overstuff the wallet?
    2) What is the climate like where you live?

To answer your question... the peeling and wear on the sides of the wallet is normal wear and tear, but the peeling on the inside I have never seen.

3. I don't over stuff, I dont even like putting coins inside the zipper compartment.
    and San Francisco is foggy most of the time. I usually keep my wallet in my backpack

Thanks for telling me that sides r normal

4. Did you take your wallet back to a store to see what could be done? I bought a Sarah wallet 2 months ago and the seams were coming apart! The store exchanged it, however, the second wallet is crooked :sad: I'd be curious to know if the store would do an exchange for you.

5. That's not normal. I have had my Sarah mono wallet for a year with no sign of wear. You should take it in and I wish you GL!

6. I got my Sarah as a birthday gift in March. 2 or 3 months (at the most) later, the rubber pipping on the side started peeling off. I was furious! I took it in to LV and they sent it to California to be repaired. It took about 8 weeks to get it back, but now it looks great. I'm so paranoid about it happening again, though. I take wonderful care of all of my LV products, so this was very, very frustrating since it happened in such a short time. I haven't had any other problems with any other part of the wallet, though.

7. i had the same problem with the pipping/glaze cracking & peeling, even though i barely used the wallet. it's unfortunate since the wallet costs a lot too.

8. i don't have fond feelings about rubber piping, to me it seems unreliable and I wish high end ( all, really) companies would stop using that method.

I'm sorry your wallet is doing that, I hope LV takes care of it

9. take it back before the canvas crack around the edges and they will re-glaze it. I had to have my zippy compact wallet re-glazed.

10. i have a sarah wallet too and itss been a year... and mine still looks brand spanking new!! i hope they do somthin about ur wallet ! GL

11. It's normal.

You can have the glazing redone.