My Saks Credit Card Betrayed Me....institutionalize Me Now!

Claudia

formerly Purse-onality
Nov 10, 2006
OK.....the saga goes like this: today, i took an innocent stroll through Saks, on my lunch hour. For some unexplainable reason, my feet took me into the Chanel boutique there..................and then Marta, my SA, croons to me across the dept., "Oh Claaaaa-u-diiiiii-a!" with that particular SA lilt in her voice when they are about to call you that a purse you have been waitlisted for forever has just come in. I start breathing hard, and saw my life flash in front of my eyes because, you see, i knew it was the denim manatee Cabas, and I had my mind pretty much made up to pass on it and keep my denim tote. I knew that a decision would have to be made then and there.....with 75 on the waiting list, there was no chance she would hold it for me to think about......no sirree.....Well, to make a frustrating story simple, or kind of simple, my credit card along with the $300 ECG card, tumbled out of my wallet and pranced across the counter into Marta's beckoning hands...........and, yes, i bought her (not Marta,a the bag). Well, i gotta tell you all, Jill was right, the bag is huge........but absolutely gorgeous. She is like a denim humpbacked whale, but an oversized baby one.:P I brought her home and measured her...who said she is 18" across??!!! poppycock! she is approx. one inch less wide than the black vinyl Cabas whale, which makes her about 22-23" across. But she does have a nice slouch in a cartoonish way. I will really do some thinking about whether or not to keep her and sell my tote or return her and keep the tote. I am so torn.....I will sleep with both of them tonight, one on each side (and DH at the edge of the bed :nuts:) and see how all of us bond .....So much for having one's mind made up, all rational intentions flew away like a dandelion puff, when i saw her.

Thank you for my first (and probably only) laugh of the day!

(I trust you will make the right decision as to what bag is perfect for you. :smile: )

i will def post pics if i keep her...............the pic will probably be like a carnival poster, a hilarious take on a woman carrying a purse almost the size of her bottom half, because i am 5'1