My room in manhattan and the hac dream

JuicyZambellini

Ballerina
Aug 29, 2007
Dear Ladies,

I haven't been on the forum for a while, touring the world (exciting yes, but hectic nonetheless) and I'm coming to you to talk about my new goals.

Living in Manhattan can be quite a nightmare, one might say that in Manhattan we are either looking for the perfect apartment, the perfect man, or both (I think I've heard Carrie Bradshaw say it in some SATC episode). In my case it really was about time to find a place of my own. A nice room in a beautiful apartment (for I am a ballet dancer and no we don't really make that much despite how hard our job is) on the Upper West Side. I am so happy to finally be able to have my first closet to put all my bags and clothes!!! The decision came also after considering purchasing my dream bag which is a Natural HAC in a bigger size I'd say. Of course money will be tighter than ever with security deposits and all that BUT I do go to Japan every summer and you all know that's heaven of H resellers!!! Last year I had seen a beautiful kinda used but so vintage looking HAC for the ridiculous price of 2700 $ I know insane!!! I am mad at myself for not doing it but I was scared of spending that money, it would have been the first time just on a single bag. So I purchased a Herbag and a Sherpa in green clemence instead.

Well, this year I wanna go for it. I probably won't find the same one but I am looking forward to finding a HAC. Any owners have suggestions? I'd love the natural one! Do you girls think it's worth it to let go of other purchases (shoes, jeans, dinners!) and finally save up for my first ultimate luxury item?? Thank you for reading love you all and stay warm!

Kisses from Glasgow (which is a beautiful city btw)

Juice

Last edited:
It is definitely worth it to save up. There have been so many lovely HAC's (and every other kind of H bag) available through legitimate resellers lately due to the economy. Don't give up! You can always find shoes, jeans and enjoy dinners. But that HAC will be with you for years. Can't wait to see your reveal when you find your dream bag.

Definitely save up for your dream HAC. You don't have to purchase in Japan, but the reputable resellers on the list here often have great items at fantastic prices. The only thing is that you have to be ready to pounce when the items are there. So, start saving up those coins, bypass dinners and clothing and you will be at your goal before you know it!!

Definitely worth giving up jeans, shoes etc for a classic bag. I always reason that a bag you can use everyday and you cannot wear the same jeans, shoes or outfit everyday.

Definately save up for that dream HAC. Those other items will always be around for purchase but you never know when that special TDF HAC will come around again. Be prepared and good luck.

Dear Ladies,

Living in Manhattan can be quite a nightmare, one might say that in Manhattan we are either looking for the perfect apartment, the perfect man, or both (I think I've heard Carrie Bradshaw say it in some SATC episode).

Or the perfect job, but yours already sounds wonderful!

Good luck searching and saving for that special bag! ;)

OMG thank you so much for all your answers girls!!!! I am more than ever determined on saving up for the dream bag. Will take it as an adventure and I know it's gonna be fun and won't miss not having spent money on other useless things. Besides, I have all my basic looks down to a science and really the only thing missing is that one bag that will be me forever!!!! I'll keep you updated on here!!!

Definitely save up for the HAC.You'll still manage to go out on occasion & make great small purchases that won't hurt your budget.As long as you have your basics & then attain your great bag your set forever.Ahh to be a young dancer!Good luck on your career & "Break a leg"!For those who don't understand,its not mean't literally,it's just a good luck term given to a performer prior to performing.Just wanted to clarify.

Definitely save up for the HAC.You'll still manage to go out on occasion & make great small purchases that won't hurt your budget.As long as you have your basics & then attain your great bag your set forever.Ahh to be a young dancer!Good luck on your career & "Break a leg"!For those who don't understand,its not mean't literally,it's just a good luck term given to a performer prior to performing.Just wanted to clarify.

I second that.

I used to do a bit of ballett (as a young girl and just for fun), so I can imagine a tiny bit of your hard work, which always looks so easy when performed.

Wishing you all the best with your apartement and also on finding your perfect hac. :yes: :heart:

Thank you Diva, right now I'm about to start my performances in the UK for a month, I need a lot of energy and I'll be so busy this is a perfect time to start saving up for the HAC!! Plus the tax return is due very soon and that's going straight into the HAC/Birkin fund. :yes:

Dear Ladies,
...one might say that in Manhattan we are either looking for the perfect apartment, the perfect man, or both (I think I've heard Carrie Bradshaw say it in some SATC episode)...

but FIRST you need a PERFECT BAG

coming from somebody who's been a manhattanite for a decade
PS. If you base yourselves on SATC you will be disappointed, British men are much more desirable:heart:

except you don't tell dancers to break a leg, we say "merde" in dance. it's more fun :flowers:

can't wait to see your HAC, it's going to be so worth the wait when you have it.

Mundodabolsa-Wow didn't know that.In my day we never said that(in English its not so nice translated).Not that I was a professional ballerina but I do have a strong background in dance/theatre that is ancient for todays standard.My DD is continuing the tradition.How times change.
JuicyZambellini-:hugs:Here's to a great performance,then go save for your HAC!!