MY RM WITHDRAWAL IS OVER!! Review of OLD bag vs NEW bag AND message from RM MAVEN!!

Desi

O.G.
Dec 19, 2007
Hey Ladies :flowers: **WARNING: Long post, and LOTS of pics**

OK so as many of you know I have seriously consolidated my collection and have stopped buying bags to pay off some credit card debt.

I'm still waiting on all my preorder bags, but a lovely PF'er found a Black Elisha at a consignment boutique (THANK YOU!!), and the price was soo great on it, I couldn't resist buying it!! Also- my French tote from RM.com is in!!

OK- so for the Elisha... I LOVE THIS BAG!! It is one of the very first generation RM bags, that has fleur de lis lining in it, and i've noted various differences compared to my newer bags. The Elisha is not as big as i thought it was, which makes me love it MORE! Its about the size of a Bal City. Smaller than a Nikki. The bag I received is in perfect condition, and VERY nicely broken in. Not a single scratch or scuff on the bag, and the leather is smooshy and TDF:yahoo:

Here are a couple pics:

Picture107-1.jpg

Picture129.jpg

Picture125.jpg

Picture128.jpg

Picture111-1.jpg

NOW the FRENCH TOTE: OK so my french tote was directly ordered from RM.com. I know many have had CS issues, so i just wanted to share my experience. There was a delay in production, however Codi (RM Maven) has ALWAYS replied back to my every email. She sent me a tracking number without me having to contact her for it, and she even followed up with me to make sure I received my bag, and loved it.

I love the interior lining has a cream patent trim too! THIS BAG IS HUGE!! For anyone petite- LOL this bag is HALF your size. This bag can easily fit a 15" laptop if not bigger. I definitely would not use this as an everyday bag, but its a great work bag. I will definitely be using this as my handbag for my trips to texas on weekends. It can easily fit several pairs of clothes, and shoes!

I wanted to address several issues many of us have been having:

Packing: My bag was PERFECTLY packaged. The box was big enough for the bag, so it wasn't squeezed into a smaller box, it was wrapped in blue gift tissue, and then another plastic wrap, followed by paper to protect the bag. All the hardware was protected with plastic. Basically- the packaging was GREAT.

Condition: Bag was in PERFECT condition right from the factory. Not a SINGLE scratch, tear, scuff anything. The leather is all even in texture, and is truly a PERFECT BAG :yes:

Handles: The handles are VERY STURDY and SEALED compared to my older bags, including spring bags. The handles are made from the patent cream leather, but none the less, are definitely much better IMO. I have owned over 20 RM bags from many seasons, so I say from experience I can see a difference with the handles this season, and i'm very impressed how quickly RM has improved the quality of her bags.

RM was established in 2005, and in 3 years I honestly can say, she has improved the quality of her bags much quicker than many other designers. She has set an amazing ground for herself in just 3 years, and in light of all the CS issues they've had recently, I can honestly say that I appreciate how quickly she has accepted our feedback and improved her product!

RM also has made new dustbag sizes instead of the smaller generic ones. The dustbag i received perfectly fits the french tote fully stuffed. Rm also has added a new tag onto the bag that reads "this is an authentic Rebecca Minkoff handbag made of high quality Italian leather. Differences in color shading, scratches/marks and grains are the inherent characteristics of the lush, natural leathers chosen to create the Rebecca minkoff collection. This means no two pieces are the same, enabling each customer to purchase a one of a kind handbag."

The back of the tag reads: "Special care is advised for all Rebecca Minkoff leather handbags. Keep bag away from excessive temperature/sunlight and exposure to liquids as this may cause damage. Please consult the leather care professional of your choice for treatment options and care guidance. Enjoy your Rebecca MInkoff handbag."

OK sorry for the long talk, but i know many of us have been unhappy lately with CS, and i just wanted to share my WONDERFUL experience.

Here are some pics of my French Tote:

First pics of the packaging:

Picture120.jpg

Picture118.jpg

Picture122.jpg

Picture124.jpg

Picture109-1.jpg

ADDED CARE TAG:

Picture133.jpg

Picture108-1.jpg

Picture119.jpg

LOVE the little hidden pocket on the back of the french tote:

Picture105-1.jpg

AND LOVE THE PATENT TRIM ON THE INSIDE OF THE LINING!!

Picture115-1.jpg

I love the french tags!! The design on the SS Minkoff one has the same design as her old fleur de lis lining.

Here is a picture of the French tote NEXT to my wine nikki. My wine nikki is STUFFED TO THE MAX:shame: and it is still super small next to the french tote!

Picture127.jpg

HERE is a picture of my Macbook PRO next to the french tote for size comparison:

Picture110-1.jpg

Picture116.jpg

COMPARISON OF THE ELISHA NEXT TO NIKKI NEXT TO FRENCH TOTE:

Picture106-1.jpg

ELISHA AND FRENCH TOTE:

Picture123.jpg

ELISHA AND NIKKI:

Picture130.jpg

OLD BAG VS. NEW BAG:

In the older bags, the inside pockets did not have a leather trim, New bags do:

Picture131.jpg

Picture117.jpg

NEW SEALED HANDLES:

Picture132.jpg

ALSO- I sent RM Maven, a quick email just to say thank you for the great service she's given me, and just to show my appreciation on getting a perfect bag. I know many of you would say that if you pay so much for a bag, it should be perfect, but you know, we don't live in a perfect world, so a few POSITIVE words of feedback can always go a long way. Whether it be Kudo's at work, at home, just anything on A JOB WELL DONE :tup:

Anyhow- I immediately got a reply from Codi, and just wanted to share it with you guys, so that you know that RM Maven is here to help us, and she is trying her best!! :heart:

THANK YOU CODI!!!!!

Reply from Codi:

Hi!

Ahhh yay... I'm so glad that it came perfect and that you love it!! :smile:

I just like knowing that my hard work is paying off and resulting in happy customers! That is my ultimate goal, and one I am continuing to work hard at. I want to make sure that all the TPF'ers get helped and end up happy. Feel free to direct them to me if they need help. :smile:

Best always,
Codi

THANK YOU LADIES FOR READING!! SORRY THIS IS SUPER LONGGG

SO good to hear if one is shelling out $$ for bag that is came to you in amazing packaging and received in perfect condition! ;) Maybe I should have gotten a french tote it so pretty!!!

Love the Elisha! That leather looks amazing.

Aside from the sealing, I don't see the difference in the construction of the handles on the new bags. I also have of course owned quite a few RM bags and have inspected the new season's bags closely. Can you explain what is different? The filler material and construction looks exactly the same to me and the gap where it meets the bag is still there on all the bags I looked at so I would be interested to hear if there are any new improvements (aside from the sealing) that I have missed.

So glad you are a happy customer! Your new bags are beautiful!!!

I'm sure Maven appreciated your compliments too.. In her position - she deals with problems all day long and it's always nice to receive a little pat on the back now and then.

Love the Elisha! That leather looks amazing.

Aside from the sealing, I don't see the difference in the construction of the handles on the new bags. I also have of course owned quite a few RM bags and have inspected the new season's bags closely. Can you explain what is different? The filler material and construction looks exactly the same to me and the gap where it meets the bag is still there on all the bags I looked at so I would be interested to hear if there are any new improvements (aside from the sealing) that I have missed.

Hi HB!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN :nuts:

The construction does look the same to me, but the filler material seems to be much sturdier. This is my first fall bag thus far thats arrived, and it MAY very well be the patent leather which is sturdier, but i compared it to my emerald MAB, and tangerine MAB, and my wine matinee and the handles were definitely much better on these.

Love them both. That French tote is to die for. Huge!!! Now I need it a travel bag ;)

So glad you had no problem with them. It's really discouraging to hear about so many bad experiences with rm.com
Enjoy your girls!!