My RM introduction and a couple of question :)

coachmommyofmin

<3
O.G.
Oct 6, 2008
Hello fellow RM ladies, I am moving from the coach forum to the RM forum out of a new found love :graucho: I've discovered the RM brand and my first Nikki bag will be arriving hopefully tomorrow in the mail! Can't wait... I've been a hard core Coach lover for approximately 2.5 years now, but gradually my love for coach is fading when I see how Coach treats its loyal customers with unprofessional service -either due to incompetent sales associates, ban letters and a bunch of other non-sense like their sales inconsistency (things never go to the outlet lies and much more etc). Why put your money into a company that turns around and hurts you afterwards... I haven't had any personal run ins with them (yet?), but after reading some threads of my fellow members I think need a break. I don't want to condemn coach, but I feel that my money could be spend wiser at this time. (absolutely no offense at anyone) After researching RM, i was pleasantly surprised that the company is so &quot;down to earth&quot; and you can even get a hold of Rebecca herself on the website... how cool is that? Anyways- My question is this- since I was a coachie for a while, I'm used to see coach update their website with new bags every month, how does it work at RM? When do they update the products on their website? I absolutely love the Nikkis and MAC's, and I m wondering how to make sure I don't miss a new release of a bag I'm hoping for... lol... is there a certain time frame? And do retailers get the same items as the rm website, or do they vary? Does RM have outlets, do their items depreciate in value over time (like coach) and do they have sales... lol... I love browsing trough this forum, so many beautiful bags!!! I just wish I would have known about this brand sooner... Been trying to satisfy my bag craving with coach and just couldn't be happy, now I am so glad to have found RM :smile:

Hi there and welcome!!

RM does not have outlets that I am aware of, but occassional a few times a year she has sample sales at various places in the U.S. You can get insane prices on bags. If you sign up on her website they should send you emails with new releases, I believe. Well, I get emails with that kind of thing. Retailers should get the same bags, altough some have their own "exclusive" RM's.

Congrats on your first and most definitely not your last RM - can't wait to see it. The Nikki is a great style and so comfortable to wear.

Desi

O.G.
Dec 19, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
Rm usually updates her site every season when new bags come out. However RM is sold at a lot of retailers as well, such as Luna Boston, My Obsessions Boutique, Aster Alice and they are all great about updating their site often. RM does have sample sales from time to time, but no "outlet". Her previous season bags usually go to Saks off fifth, Nordstrom Rack, etc. They will also show up at Gilt, ideeli, and bluefly too. :yes:

Congrats on your Nikki! Can't wait to see pics :smile:

TXGirlie

O.G.
Jul 21, 2008
North Texas
Well customer service wise, RM is not that different from Coach, but both companies have great bags so we keep buying them!

GelTea

Coupon Code Stalker
O.G.
May 16, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Welcome, coachmommyofmin! As the other ladies posted, there are some great e-tailers that sell RMs. I have had great experiences with Luna Boston and My Obsessions Boutique. I have had a ton of fun at the in-person sample sales as well. There are some items that are made exclusively for the sample sales that you will really, truly not find elsewhere, unless someone resells on ebay or bonz of course.

The appreciation and deprecation of bags totally depends on the bag's demand (style, leather, lining, hardware).

Jan 21, 2007
Home of the Alamo
Welcome to RM! As you have probably read, while there have been issues with some RM bags, and many, many issues with her customer service dept., we still love her bags especially the leather. May I suggest not buying directly from her website, but rather from etailers with really great customer service, i.e., LunaBoston, My Obsessions Boutique, and Aster Alice.

coachmommyofmin

<3
O.G.
Oct 6, 2008
Welcome to RM! As you have probably read, while there have been issues with some RM bags, and many, many issues with her customer service dept., we still love her bags especially the leather. May I suggest not buying directly from her website, but rather from etailers with really great customer service, i.e., LunaBoston, My Obsessions Boutique, and Aster Alice.
thanks, suggestion noted :smile: