My RM Addiction -- MAB in Persimmon & Matinee in night and dark spot

MayBabe

Aug 19, 2008
I think I was never this crazy for any bags in my life:graucho:. Normally I admire some bags for a while and tend to forget about them then move on. But when the first time I saw RM's MAB, I was hooked!. Thanks to the exchange rate!

I purchased my first RM MAB less than a month ago. It was a regular size MA in Persimmon. Some people say it is a bit too bright. But that stage i was really thinking about not getting another black bag. As everything I have for work is nearly black. and I thought i was sick of it. So i got this one for the summer ( altho, this year we didn't really have summer here) and maybe it will be good for Xmas season as well.

So there is my experiences with Persimmon. For anyone who thinks about purchase it i hope it will be useful for you too!

I got the persimmon MAB from Ebay, A lovely seller with fast delivery, it was posted from USA to Ireland within 5 days( I paid 380 dollars for it, not sure whether it is too expensive but i just compare with retails and some of the threads here). The first second i saw the bag, i thought you guys were right, it is too bright i nearly think a bit tacky. But I said i'd give it a chance! Maybe i was too used to black colour.

So I started using it. The first a few days, I still found it was too bright. But magic happened after a week, Now i am completely in love with the colour, It goes well with my hair ( i have very dark black hair), dark outfits or most of the ourfits and it even looks better when carry it on a good weather day here. It looks quite young and lively! So vibrant as i would say! You have to give time to get use to the bright colour unless you have seen one if real life and you know you won't have any doubts about it!

Now, i must admit, most of people here are talking about buying from a seller who has return policy which is 200% correct, for us, who relys the online sells, it is very very important. I guess i am just lucky that i grow into it. But in case you live somewhere don't have RM bags in store, it is good that you can send it back or exchange for other colour that you like.

But i have to warn you, once you bought a RM bag, you won't be able to stop! Now i have my eyes on a Navy or Cloud Grey MAB, I love the MAM too, but just afraid the 20% smaller would be a bit tight for me. Maybe someone could give me some suggestions? I haven't seen a pic where has a MAB and MAM sit together so i cannot picture it physically.

Then last weekend, I got a Matinee in Night and Dark Spot from Ebay :yes:. I always :heart: Matinee but couldn't decide on the colour. As you can see, i am going colourful with MAB, So i think I will have a regular colour for Matinee. Hopefully this will be deliveried soon!( oh i paid about 485 dolloars for that, think it was a bit expensive but as i love it, it will be worth it! hopefully:rolleyes:)

I think i might be able to reach 3 RM bags in month. This definately will break my record for buying bags . But as i said, once you got one, there is no way to stop there!

So that's my experiences so far. if you don't want to hurt your wallet too fast, stay away from RM :P

My next target is either a cloud grey or a Navy/Purple MAB ( ormayb MAB). I was thinking about eggplant but now i decide i'd prefer to have Navy or purple one.

PS: Attach some pics here, hope you find it okay.

Attachments

• Pic.JPG
    Pic.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Pic2.JPG
    Pic2.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Pic3.JPG
    Pic3.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 112
Thanks for sharing your experience. Your bags are gorgeous and you got great prices on both of them. :tup: I have to agree with you, you definitely cannot stop at one RM bag. I have only discovered RM recently and already I own 3 bags! :nuts:

If you search around the forum a bit you should be able to find a comparison pic of a MAB and MAM. I own the MAB and I absolutely love the size and I feel that a MAM would just be too small for me. I also own a Nikki and that is my most fave hobo EVER! :cloud9: It is the bag I have been searching all my life for!! It is so lightweight and comfortable that you don't even realize it's on your arm!!

Let me see if I can dig around and find a comparison pic for you.

Ha, Thanks a millione for the link!!!:smile:

Personally I LOVE big bags, as i am quite tall (5'9" without heels) i feel a bit funny to hold a small handbag, also i carry a lot of stuff, So i like big heavy bag.

Owned a hobo from Guess years ago. I found I tend to loose stuff in a HOBO, but i cannot resist the Nikki.... All the colour makes me feel dizzy... I love the yellow, purple , red, navy, grey and jade.. For not creating too much headache, I decide to hold on for a bit till i absolutely know what colour i will defo. want to buy for sure first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But again, If i buy from Ebay, i just have to take my risk or change fast. Price vs. Colour doesn't always match either...:sad:

This thread shows both the MAM and the MAB perhaps it will help you see the difference in size

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/who-loves-pics-bbw-mab-mam-night-original-305728.html

NP! I like big bags too!! I honestly don't think the MAM is that much smaller than the MAB but I prefer the look of the MAB! ;)

You are absolutely right about the hobo, it is definitely a challenge to find things that happen to fall to the bottom of it. :cursing: They do make those purse organizers though that you could get to help w/that problem. The Nikki is so irresistable though that I don't care how long I have to dig to find my wallet! :roflmfao: I love that bag!! You have the right idea waiting until you are absolutely certain of the color you want since there are so many gorgeous colors. There are a lot of great colors coming out for holiday too ... rose, peacock, sunshine! :drool:

I'm sure if you wait for the right time you will find a good deal on ebay. Have you ever thought of purchasing from lunaboston.com? I think they ship internationally. It could be worth looking into. ;)

Anytime!! MAM is only a tad bit smaller so might as well go with the MAB so you can fit more!! I've been using my BBW MAB all summer and I have been able to get so much stuff into that purse it's insane. When I travel I can fit everything I need and more in that bag!! :love: it gets kinda hard to carry since it's so heavy but it all fits!!

Yes, Oh gosh, I keep that site updated all the time at work :sad: feel guilty! Except sometimes Ebay has very good deals, so i cannot resist it either, But i think it will come to a time, i just press that button and get it over with!

I feel like there is a never ending battle with my credit card maxed out if RM keeps bringing out new colour. :cursing:

TokiliciousJenY, Sent u a message!:smile:

Anytime!! MAM is only a tad bit smaller so might as well go with the MAB so you can fit more!! I've been using my BBW MAB all summer and I have been able to get so much stuff into that purse it's insane. When I travel I can fit everything I need and more in that bag!! :love: it gets kinda hard to carry since it's so heavy but it all fits!!

Oh good, I'm glad you check that site too. You're right though ebay does sometimes have great deals that you cannot resist!! :sweatdrop:

I'm having the same issue as you w/the credit card since RM keeps coming out with all these fabulous colors. I'm trying to make myself only select bag colors that I cannot live without. The problem is as soon as I get a new bag RM comes out with a better color and then I MUST add to my collection!! It's an expensive but fun never ending cycle :graucho: