My Reward to Myself

valerian2223

Fiddle-dee-dee
Feb 24, 2009
Who wants to see what I got today as my "two weeks without a cigarette reward"?

(No reveal, just pics)

P8220229.jpg

Tribeca Patent Wristlet in Pink/Silver!!!

P8220230.jpg

I have a dress she'll match perfectly and I'd been looking for a pink wristlet for a while. For now though (since I don't wear the dress that often) she's gonna hold my iPod in my Sabrina, lol.

very pretty, great color. also congrats on the 2 weeks!! Perhaps the hardest part is behind you. i quit in january and i feel great. you can do it too, dont let yourself think that you cant becuase you can !!:woohoo:

I copied this from the ACS website, but I'm sure you've seen it. It's nice to see the goals, though. The wristlet is gorgeous, but the real reward is becoming healthier! I am SO PROUD of you! Keep up the hard work! :tup:

When smokers quit -- What are the benefits over time?
20 minutes after quitting: Your heart rate and blood pressure drops.
(Effect of Smoking on Arterial Stiffness and Pulse Pressure Amplification, Mahmud, A, Feely, J. 2003. Hypertension:41:183.)
12 hours after quitting: The carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal.
(US Surgeon General's Report, 1988, p. 202)
2 weeks to 3 months after quitting: Your circulation improves and your lung function increases.
(US Surgeon General's Report, 1990, pp.193, 194,196, 285, 323)
1 to 9 months after quitting: Coughing and shortness of breath decrease; cilia (tiny hair-like structures that move mucus out of the lungs) regain normal function in the lungs, increasing the ability to handle mucus, clean the lungs, and reduce the risk of infection.
(US Surgeon General's Report, 1990, pp. 285-287, 304)
1 year after quitting: The excess risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker's.
(US Surgeon General's Report, 1990, p. vi)
5 years after quitting: Your stroke risk is reduced to that of a non-smoker 5 to 15 years after quitting.
10 years after quitting: The lung cancer death rate is about half that of a continuing smoker's. The risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, cervix, and pancreas decrease, too.
(US Surgeon General's Report, 1990, pp. vi, 131, 148, 152, 155, 164,166)
15 years after quitting: The risk of coronary heart disease is the same as a non-smoker's.