My Reveal & Review of Overstock.com's "DBTY" Necklace

st.love

Aug 2, 2012
I have been researching & thinking about getting a DBTY style necklace for some time. I originally wanted a classic Tiffany & Co. DBTY but given my champagne taste & beer budget, it just wasn't meant to be (at this time). I wanted a bigger diamond than I could afford from Tiffany, and since it would be on my neck, the diamond quality honestly wasn't that important to me.

Then I looked into building my own DBTY from Blue Nile, but didn't really like the thicker chain. I saw someone post a link in the "Show us your Tiffany DBTY Necklace" thread to a DBTY style necklace at Overstock. I already had a couple of coupons which would bring the necklace under $500 and that was it!

Stats are: 1/3 CT (may be 0.28 to 0.36 carat) H-I color, SI1-SI2 clarity, on a thin 14k white gold, 16" chain.

Link: http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/14k-Gold-1-3ct-TDW-Bezel-set-Diamond-Necklace/680281/product.html

The setting

Okay here's my review. If you want a DBTY style necklace with a larger diamond on a budget, this is the one for you.

Pros: The chain is beautiful & dainty, the perfect length for a DBTY style necklace (in my opinion), and I like that it doesn't have that "Mickey Mouse" look with the "ears" around the bezel. It looks like the diamond is just floating on my neck, which I like.

Cons: Obviously when it comes to diamonds, you get what you pay for. It certainly doesn't sparkle like a Tiffany diamond, but having bought diamond jewelry from Overstock before, I can say it's pretty good quality for the price. The other thing I don't necessarily love, is the bezel is a little too thick for my taste, I would have liked a thinner bezel.

I hope this helps someone considering this necklace, overall I am pleased!

Also I should mention, it comes in a cheap white Overstock cardboard box (if you've bought jewelry from them before, you know what I mean!) and comes with a small card with the diamonds stats:

It looks great on you, and I really like that it doesn't have "ears", too. It looks like it was a good buy! Overstock doesn't have the greatest packaging, but the product and the price often make up for it.

It looks great on you, and I really like that it doesn't have "ears", too. It looks like it was a good buy! Overstock doesn't have the greatest packaging, but the product and the price often make up for it.

I agree, I've bought lots of jewelry from them & have yet to be disappointed, they are great!