My Radiant and Ravishing RED flap from 12A!!!!

peonies, this is one ravishing red indeed!!! :hbeat: I love the color from the day I saw the pics!!! It is THE perfect red and looks wonderful on you. Glad that you love it as well, well...there's no reason not to!:ps: Congrats!!

peonies, this is one ravishing red indeed!!! :hbeat: I love the color from the day I saw the pics!!! It is THE perfect red and looks wonderful on you. Glad that you love it as well, well...there's no reason not to!:ps: Congrats!!

Hey bluekit, omg, it really is so pretty, it's killing me!! As I mentioned to yodaling1 that I almost wished that I got it in a jumbo because it's so pretty. But I tried to remember why I wanted a medium - it is a more elegant size and in general looks more lady like which was what I was looking for..and I needed something for day to night. But let's try to forget how little it accommodates belongings :shocked: haha.

As you know, I love red but didn't want to scream red..but this is just enough red to be a bit showy but not loud. Yes, it is RED but it's also wearable. I think Chanel got this one right! In terms of it being iridescent caviar, sigh, yes, I prefer the rigid also and now I know just what you mean.:tup:

Do you own a medium and use it much?

Thanks for all the pics. You look lovely with the bag! Congrats!

Hi Girls, :wave:

For what seems like the longest time, I have heard about THE 10C red and other lovely reds in between and wondered how I had let them pass me by. I started to wonder if I would ever cross paths with THE red that was just perfect for me. :search:

Some of you kindly suggested beautiful pre-loved red flaps but I passed on those for various reasons - thank you again. I was ecstatic at all the positive comments about the 12A red but became concerned when I heard that it was darker IRL than in photos. :nogood: I was hoping for a true red, nothing like a dark red with wine/burgundy undertones.. but I was grateful that I got on a wait list a while back to check this baby out.

I received my purchase yesterday, and the minute I took a peek inside the lovely white Chanel dustbag, all I could think to myself was, "OMG, this is IT, the red that I have been searching for!" :yahoo::hbeat::yahoo::hbeat:

I know that many are curious about what shade of red this is (I sure was!), so I searched my house for a red that I could compare it to and finally found it! It is almost exactly like a Cartier red. Sorry in advance but I posted quite a lot of photos from different lighting, angles in hopes that these pics would be helpful. And actually, compared to the Cartier red, this red looks more ravishing as it has a very slight sheen. It can look dark and a bit muted in the shade, but in the light, oh my, it is an utterly striking lipstick red! It's also like a deep strawberry color...just yummy! Now I don't have to wonder about any other reds as this is the PERFECT one for me. :love: Thanks so much for visiting!!:ty:

I'm so excited and happy for you! I know how hard it is to read threads and posts about an upcoming collection but it's so different to be able to hold it and touch it in your hands when it finally arrives!!:hugs: I actually think you've made the right decision going for the medium if you prefer the old rigid caviar like I do. One of my gripes about the iridescent caviar is that the jumbo has an exaggerated curvature at the bottom of the flap which makes the bag look even more bloated instead of rectangular and boxy the way I like it. However, the medium doesn't suffer from that...just compare your pictures with the jumbo pics from the 12A intel thread. ;)
I do have a medium flap but it's one of the very few bags I've not used. The size is a bit limiting since jumbo is definitely more everyday. But I think a smaller wallet will do the trick.
I love love this red for the same reasons you've listed --red but very wearable!!

Hey bluekit, omg, it really is so pretty, it's killing me!! As I mentioned to yodaling1 that I almost wished that I got it in a jumbo because it's so pretty. But I tried to remember why I wanted a medium - it is a more elegant size and in general looks more lady like which was what I was looking for..and I needed something for day to night. But let's try to forget how little it accommodates belongings :shocked: haha.

As you know, I love red but didn't want to scream red..but this is just enough red to be a bit showy but not loud. Yes, it is RED but it's also wearable. I think Chanel got this one right! In terms of it being iridescent caviar, sigh, yes, I prefer the rigid also and now I know just what you mean.:tup:

Do you own a medium and use it much?

Congratulstions!! I just got mine yesterday in the jumbo. I've been waiting for the perfect red caviar and I think I finally have it!!
I actually like the iridescent caviar Cuz of the shiny smooth look which is similar to the lambskin but more durable!
Enjoy your bag :smile:

Oh I am truly so excited ;)
I believe your reveal may end an open chapter in my Chanel life too.
This is indeed the perfect red. Just love your comparison shots against Cartier box (brilliant idea).......
I do admire the old reds, but this ONE brings those of us who didn't previously commit, a reason to SMILE all over again ;)
Peonies813 I just love the shine from your soft caviar, it may prove to be a luxurious yet lasting leather choice after all!
I will be admiring your pics all week till my jumbo arrives ;)
Congratulations on your divine red purchase.
Looks just lovely on you ;)
Xo