My python fontanetes are driving me CRAZY!

rainyjewels

eat me
O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
So I usually get my VPs in a 40 but I snagged a pair of new python fontanetes that I loveee in a 39.5 and thought it would be fine because I read that python is really forgiving and will stretch easily.

I've been doing the sock trick with them FOREVER, walking around in them every night with thick socks on (sooo painful, btw), but they'll be looser for a while then bounce back to original size. :cursing: I remember my tortoise VPs were much, much tighter on my feet at the beginning but stretched after a few days, yet these fontanetes just completely refuse, even though it's been like over 2 weeks. What's up with that?? :cursing: I thought pythons are really forgiving? :confused1: I really just need them to stretch a little, so I'm hesitant to take them to a cobbler where I can't really control the degree of stretch.

Anyone have these that can give me some tips? ahhhhhhhhhhh......

hmm i've tried it on other pairs but it bounces back regardless. i shall try them on these - anyone know how long to do the sock trick with the alcohol before it may stretch?

When I got my snakeskin Diors the one thing my DH told me was that those type of skins hold their shape really well and won't stretch much, so far he has been right. HTH

what if you use one of this to avoid the leather going back to its original shape?

picBase311.jpg

rainy--I was in the same sort of situation with my grey python Pigalles. I normally wear a 37 in them but bought them in a 36.5 as they were the only size left. I put in a foam shoe tree (pictured above by ally 143) for at least a month and that helped in gently stretching them. :tup:

I have used a wood tree in the same style as ally143 pictured to stretch a pair of shoes...I put a thick sock over it to help stretch it faster.

Maybe try soaking a sock in alcohol first, then put it on a shoe tree??? Just a thought.:shrugs:

I've been trying to stretch a pair of python flats for ages and realized that the wood tree is the way to go. Make sure that you get the cedar type, not the plastic ones cos' leather needs to breathe!

shoe trees? how is this the first time i've heard of them?:Push: lol going to look em up and buy a few now....thanks guys...i shall report back! hopefully i won't have to leave them in for a whole month! eek...