My PS Journey with April31 (& consultations at View + GNG)

honeymelt

Mar 13, 2011
Hey guys! I thought I would share my PS journey with y'all. I've been a long-time lurker of this forum and really appreciate all that I've gained from it, so I hope this would help some of you :smile: I flew to South Korea on Christmas morning this year, and had 3 different consultations the day after. My first was at View, the second at GNG, and finally April31.

These were the 3 procedures I wanted to get done: 1) Rhinoplasty 2) Facial Contouring 3) Eyelid Surgery

So here goes a breakdown of each consultation...

VIEW
I was initially very set on View, prior to having any consultations whatsoever. During my consultation, I only got to speak with one surgeon, who apparently was going to do both my facial contouring (mandible reduction) and eyes. We also talked about my nose, but it was only after my consultation that I learnt that he wasn't even going to be my rhinoplasty surgeon at all. So basically--I didn't get to meet the surgeon who was going to operate on my nose at all! I was a little put off by that, which I think was what ultimately made me not want to go with them. Also, I didn't really know what exactly this one surgeon specialized in... was it facial contouring? eyes? both? But besides that, I have to add that their prices were actually the best out of the 3. They also have a reputation for being accident-free for many years, so I think they would be a safe option.

GNG
GNG has a really good reputation overall, and I could definitely see why. Very soon after I stepped into the clinic, I had an inkling that I preferred GNG already, just because I could tell how popular they were. It helped that the building was quite fancy, too (Not the best indicator of the surgeons' skills, I know...). I got to see a different surgeon for each of my desired procedures this time around, thankfully. Honestly, it was a great & thorough consultation, and I liked how each of the surgeons actually took the time to survey my face and my CT scans, and point out the work that needed to be done. I was actually so bent on getting my surgery here after my consultation with them that I even paid a deposit for my slot, and for almost half of my surgery's costs right then and there, without even finishing all my planned consultations! They were super busy, and the only surgery date they could get for me was almost 2 weeks away. I wasn't too pleased about that because my time in Korea was limited, and I really wanted sufficient time to heal.

April31
Now, I think you guys can all tell from the title that I ultimately picked April31, which honestly surprised me. Prior to my consultations, my choices were ranked as follows: 1) View 2) GNG 3) April31 just because April31 was known to be quite pricey. However, as my day went on, the order of my preferences completely reverted! Honestly, I was going to skip my consultation with April31 entirely, but I'm sooo glad I didn't. So here's some of the reasons why I chose April31 out of the 3...

1) Dr. Kim had SUCH a good reputation, and I just knew I wanted him to do my nose. He has had a demonstrated history of success with even the most complicated revision cases, so I could tell he was very skilled. He completely understood all my concerns, and even showed me in real time how I could anticipate my results to look.

2) You can't mention April31 without mentioning Brian! ^_^ He's super charismatic, quick to respond (that's pretty hard to find with these PS clinics... GNG in particular always needed me to bug them a little before they'd respond to me), sooo genuinely helpful, and very knowledgeable. He's helped me in so many ways already, even before the surgery. I'm honestly really fond of him, lol, and I'm sure anyone who's ever met him is, too! If any of you went to April31, I can assure you you will be in good hands with Brian's guidance.

3) I had very good feelings about Dr. Sung (Facial Contouring) and Dr. Won (Eyes) too. They both seemed incredibly patient, and told me exactly what they were going to do, which I really liked. I knew I could trust their expertise.

With regards to price, I do believe that you do get what you pay for (to some degree). Yes, it isn't the cheapest clinic. But when it comes to something as dramatically life-altering as plastic surgery... Please don't let price be a factor that hinders your decision.

That's it for now! I will write a follow-up after I get my actual surgeries. Stay tuned :biggrin:

Hey guys! I thought I would share my PS journey with y'all. I've been a long-time lurker of this forum and really appreciate all that I've gained from it, so I hope this would help some of you :smile: I flew to South Korea on Christmas morning this year, and had 3 different consultations the day after. My first was at View, the second at GNG, and finally April31.

These were the 3 procedures I wanted to get done: 1) Rhinoplasty 2) Facial Contouring 3) Eyelid Surgery

VIEW
I was initially very set on View, prior to having any consultations whatsoever. During my consultation, I only got to speak with one surgeon, who apparently was going to do both my facial contouring (mandible reduction) and eyes. We also talked about my nose, but it was only after my consultation that I learnt that he wasn't even going to be my rhinoplasty surgeon at all. So basically--I didn't get to meet the surgeon who was going to operate on my nose at all! I was a little put off by that, which I think was what ultimately made me not want to go with them. Also, I didn't really know what exactly this one surgeon specialized in... was it facial contouring? eyes? both? But besides that, I have to add that their prices were actually the best out of the 3. They also have a reputation for being accident-free for many years, so I think they would be a safe option.

GNG
GNG has a really good reputation overall, and I could definitely see why. Very soon after I stepped into the clinic, I had an inkling that I preferred GNG already, just because I could tell how popular they were. It helped that the building was quite fancy, too (Not the best indicator of the surgeons' skills, I know...). I got to see a different surgeon for each of my desired procedures this time around, thankfully. Honestly, it was a great & thorough consultation, and I liked how each of the surgeons actually took the time to survey my face and my CT scans, and point out the work that needed to be done. I was actually so bent on getting my surgery here after my consultation with them that I even paid a deposit for my slot, and for almost half of my surgery's costs right then and there, without even finishing all my planned consultations! They were super busy, and the only surgery date they could get for me was almost 2 weeks away. I wasn't too pleased about that because my time in Korea was limited, and I really wanted sufficient time to heal.

April31
Now, I think you guys can all tell from the title that I ultimately picked April31, which honestly surprised me. Prior to my consultations, my choices were ranked as follows: 1) View 2) GNG 3) April31 just because April31 was known to be quite pricey. However, as my day went on, the order of my preferences completely reverted! Honestly, I was going to skip my consultation with April31 entirely, but I'm sooo glad I didn't. So here's some of the reasons why I chose April31 out of the 3...

1) Dr. Kim had SUCH a good reputation, and I just knew I wanted him to do my nose. He has had a demonstrated history of success with even the most complicated revision cases, so I could tell he was very skilled. He completely understood all my concerns, and even showed me in real time how I could anticipate my results to look.

2) You can't mention April31 without mentioning Brian! ^_^ He's super charismatic, quick to respond (that's pretty hard to find with these PS clinics... GNG in particular always needed me to bug them a little before they'd respond to me), sooo genuinely helpful, and very knowledgeable. He's helped me in so many ways already, even before the surgery. I'm honestly really fond of him, lol, and I'm sure anyone who's ever met him is, too! If any of you went to April31, I can assure you you will be in good hands with Brian's guidance.

3) I had very good feelings about Dr. Sung (Facial Contouring) and Dr. Won (Eyes) too. They both seemed incredibly patient, and told me exactly what they were going to do, which I really liked. I knew I could trust their expertise.

With regards to price, I do believe that you do get what you pay for (to some degree). Yes, it isn't the cheapest clinic. But when it comes to something as dramatically life-altering as plastic surgery... Please don't let price be a factor that hinders your decision.

That's it for now! I will write a follow-up after I get my actual surgeries. Stay tuned :biggrin:

If you don't mind sharing, how much did View and GNG quote you for all those procedures? I am getting as much done as you and I've been most interested in View and GNG.

Reactions: honeymelt
Edited to add: I feel SO stupid right now but I got the names of the surgeons wrong :whut::whut:

Dr. Oh did my eyes, and Dr. Park did my facial contouring. They are both so very kind. Dr. Park checked up on my a couple times after my surgery... I was so touched :love: Also Brian always goes out of his way to care for me :love:

VIEW

GNG

April31

Thanks for sharing your story! I hope you have a speedy recovery!

It is funny how preferences change once you go in person. I’m consulting with 7 clinics when I travel in January and all three of those clinics are on my list. :smile:

Brian and Henry from April 31 are awesome and super responsive, they are definitely the best in communication by far!

View is very nice as well.

You’re spot on about GNG, you do have to bug them to get a response. They’re more responsive through email vs Kakao.

If you don’t mind sharing, I would love if you could PM me for the prices quoted for rhinoplasty. It would be awesome to get an idea of skill level/operating years vs individual nose case for what they ideally charge (price is not everything, having one successful surgery is the main goal but just to get an idea to avoid being overcharged).

E.

Reactions: honeymelt
Thanks for sharing your story! I hope you have a speedy recovery!

It is funny how preferences change once you go in person. I’m consulting with 7 clinics when I travel in January and all three of those clinics are on my list. :smile:

Brian and Henry from April 31 are awesome and super responsive, they are definitely the best in communication by far!

View is very nice as well.

You’re spot on about GNG, you do have to bug them to get a response. They’re more responsive through email vs Kakao.

If you don’t mind sharing, I would love if you could PM me for the prices quoted for rhinoplasty. It would be awesome to get an idea of skill level/operating years vs individual nose case for what they ideally charge (price is not everything, having one successful surgery is the main goal but just to get an idea to avoid being overcharged).

E.

Hey there! thank you so much :heart: and yesss indeed! Brian and Henry are both super awesome... they're both even better in person! I pm-ed you :smile:

Hi there, I'm getting rhinoplasty, alarplasty+des non-incision, ptosis correction and epicanthoplasty done in April but still at a toss between Banobagi and View. So far from what you can see, do you like the results and can you please PM me the prices too? Thank You!!