My pre-deployment presents that are just going to be put into storage unused...

So what happens to your dogs when you're gone for a whole year? I m sorry to hear that you lost your other dog :sad: .
I love the medical field. I didn't know you get to do that in the army as well... it sounds great! As long as you two are happy with what you do- then go for it! To me all of this sounds so intersting because I know nothing about it at all! I'd love to know more but I dont want to drive you nuts with typing all night LoL.
Your life sounds like an adventure to me :yes:... I bet it is, when you go into a new country and don't know that much about what's going to happen... it's such a blessing to be togher with DH working as a team, I wish I could do the same! DH and me were actually trying to figure out something that we could do together as well, but so far we don't have any great ideas, plus a 2 yr old that keeps us from "adventuring off" too far as well... LoL.

thank you! Yes the medical field in the Army is amazing. Everyone gives kudos (and rightly so!) to the Navy, but the Army has its own type of awesome medical assets.

My buddy from the Hermes forum, irishlass1029, actually came last week to take Twinkie on an adventure back to her home in Texas since we didn't have anybody else to watch our dog (big drama story that's on Animalicious & Jason's parents bailed on us so I vented about it on the Hermes chat thread and the magic happened from there).

those are some beautiful bags you got! Who cares you got it a few days before deployment?? Its your going away present!! LOL Thats awesome you and hubby get to stay together when you're deployed too, good luck with everything!!! Stay safe and thanks so much for what you do! :flowers:

Candace, my classes will be happy to make you, your dh, and the rest of your unit cards while you're gone. It's not a hardship as I have 400 students and we'd consider it an honor. Please pm me the address once you get there and have a few minutes. Thank you for the service you're all providing to our country. Be safe and come home soon.

First, your bags are gorgeous and will be a nice thing to unpack and use when you come home.

Second and most importantly, thank you so much for your service to our country (and hubby's too!). I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and pray for your safe return.

Finally, I will miss reading your posts, because you were my Corvallis link on this forum, which is where I grew up, went to high school (go Spartans) and went to college (go Beavers!!). I don't think I ever saw you post anything about Corvallis, but I knew that was where you were from and it felt like I was getting news from back home.

Anyway, be careful, stay safe and enjoy your time.

those are some beautiful bags you got! Who cares you got it a few days before deployment?? Its your going away present!! LOL Thats awesome you and hubby get to stay together when you're deployed too, good luck with everything!!! Stay safe and thanks so much for what you do! :flowers:

hahaha omg that is what the husb said too!!! HAHAHAH!!!!! :roflmfao:I love it. Yeah I have my 'purse box' which has all of my purses and scarves and stuff in it, and I kept pulling the new Sabrina out and petting it, like 'waaaah, I don't want to put you away!!!!!' LOL!!!!!

Candace, my classes will be happy to make you, your dh, and the rest of your unit cards while you're gone. It's not a hardship as I have 400 students and we'd consider it an honor. Please pm me the address once you get there and have a few minutes. Thank you for the service you're all providing to our country. Be safe and come home soon.

That is so sweet :hugs: I would be happy to give you our address :heart: I know the kids love to make things for Soldiers, it is always heartwarming to see what they come up with also.

First, your bags are gorgeous and will be a nice thing to unpack and use when you come home.

Second and most importantly, thank you so much for your service to our country (and hubby's too!). I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and pray for your safe return.

Finally, I will miss reading your posts, because you were my Corvallis link on this forum, which is where I grew up, went to high school (go Spartans) and went to college (go Beavers!!). I don't think I ever saw you post anything about Corvallis, but I knew that was where you were from and it felt like I was getting news from back home.

Anyway, be careful, stay safe and enjoy your time.

OH WOW!!!! That is nuts! I had no idea. Or maybe you mentioned it one time before....
My husband went to CHS too! :biggrin: That is hilarious. He moved to Corvallis when he was 5. And he should have his degree from OSU in a few years! Do you miss being up here? I was in Arizona for a month last year and it is very different (although I did like it!)

Have you been back to Corvallis recently? The 'new' high school is incredible. It looks like a junior college or something. This summer, they also renovated a bunch of stuff at OSU - 15th street and all the intersections from Monroe to Jefferson were redone, new lights, new crosswalks, sidewalks...it looks really nice! They also redid some of the buildings.

OH WOW!!!! That is nuts! I had no idea. Or maybe you mentioned it one time before....
My husband went to CHS too! :biggrin: That is hilarious. He moved to Corvallis when he was 5. And he should have his degree from OSU in a few years! Do you miss being up here? I was in Arizona for a month last year and it is very different (although I did like it!)

Have you been back to Corvallis recently? The 'new' high school is incredible. It looks like a junior college or something. This summer, they also renovated a bunch of stuff at OSU - 15th street and all the intersections from Monroe to Jefferson were redone, new lights, new crosswalks, sidewalks...it looks really nice! They also redid some of the buildings.

The last time I was in Corvallis was the summer the new school was being built and the old one was being torn down. It was so sad to see, but I heard the new school is awesome. I hadn't heard about all of the renovations being done around OSU. I'll have to tell my mom, she used to work at the OSU bookstore for many, many years. I graduated from CHS in 1982 and know that you and hubby are much younger than I am. But I bet your hubby and I had some of the same teachers, because a few that taught me are still there! Will you be returning back to Corvallis when you are done in Iraq? Yes, I definitely miss it up there. Arizona is nice, but I would move back to Oregon in a heartbeat if I could only convince hubby!

Again, stay safe while you are gone and know that you our thoughts, prayers and support!

That is so sweet :hugs: I would be happy to give you our address :heart: I know the kids love to make things for Soldiers, it is always heartwarming to see what they come up with also.

In addition to cards, please let us know if there is anything we can send you to make your life a little easier over there. I'm sure I speak on behalf of many of the ladies here who would be honored to send you care packages with things you need. Hmmm, I wonder if Coach would make a Heritage Stripe with a camo print? They'd wipe off easily even if covered in sand . . . .

The last time I was in Corvallis was the summer the new school was being built and the old one was being torn down. It was so sad to see, but I heard the new school is awesome. I hadn't heard about all of the renovations being done around OSU. I'll have to tell my mom, she used to work at the OSU bookstore for many, many years. I graduated from CHS in 1982 and know that you and hubby are much younger than I am. But I bet your hubby and I had some of the same teachers, because a few that taught me are still there! Will you be returning back to Corvallis when you are done in Iraq? Yes, I definitely miss it up there. Arizona is nice, but I would move back to Oregon in a heartbeat if I could only convince hubby!

Again, stay safe while you are gone and know that you our thoughts, prayers and support!

That is funny! Yeah I bet you guys did have the same teachers. Did you take German? He told me a lot of stories about Herr Curtis and all the trips to the Rheinlander :biggrin: You should definitely tell your mom about all the new stuff going on at OSU!!!
We will be coming back to Corvallis, Jason wants to get his degree from OSU (he's studying fish and wildlife). So we'll be in the area for awhile longer!

In addition to cards, please let us know if there is anything we can send you to make your life a little easier over there. I'm sure I speak on behalf of many of the ladies here who would be honored to send you care packages with things you need. Hmmm, I wonder if Coach would make a Heritage Stripe with a camo print? They'd wipe off easily even if covered in sand . . . .

That is a BRILLIANT idea!!!!!!