My Post-op Results From Banobagi Clinic | Jaw + Nose

Yaku

YouTuber
Dec 14, 2015
Hey, y'all! ^^ So, I finally uploaded PART 2 of my cosmetic surgery experience in Korea, and you can see a day-by-day recovery.

I'm going to clear a few things up that weren't mentioned in my last thread.

The reason I mention DocFinderKorea so much is because they did a GREAT JOB for me. I can only speak of my experience and no one else's. Nowadays, it's hard for people to believe that anybody would just recommend something without being sponsored.

You know, I could probably get paid a **** ton of money for doing something like this for a big company and leave the Army rich as ****, BUT I'm not. >,< So, please stop with the "ARE YOU SPONSORED?" questions.

Since DocFinderKorea did such a great job for me by accommodating me with a taxi ride from the airport to my hotel, gave me rides to my appointments, accompanied me during the appointments, translated on my behalf, negotiated/bargained with the consultants on the price, and made sure that I had everything I needed for a smooth recovery -- I figured that I SHOULD slap their name all over my surgery experience. [ It'd be redundant not to, especially since they played such a big role.]

YES, their services are free because you don't pay a single dime upfront, or even after the experience is over with. People say that DocFinderKorea gets paid from the surgery bill, but that's a lie made up from some imagination or theory that people have.

DocFinderKorea is accredited by the Republic of Korea, and ONLY offers you the clinics that have the best reviews and no incidents. They even stopped recommending one of their top clinics because it had one bad incident. DocFinderKorea has a name to uphold, so they can't be recommending clinics that might do poorly.

I, personally, had an awesome experience with DocFinderKorea, and Shin Park was extremely nice and hardworking. I definitely recommend this service for foreigners who are nervous about traveling to get surgery in a culturally-different place.

BY THE WAY-- My nose is slowly getting slimmer, and my chin/jaw area is redefining itself day-by-day. There's absolutely no pain, and it's been about a month now. I have some early post-op photos on my IG if you are interested in that. ^^ If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Do any of you plan on getting jaw and/or nose surgery done? If so, which clinics interest you. I'm interested considering I only ever looked into ID Hospital and Banobagi clinic. ENJOY THE VIDEO!!! :lol:

thanks for sharing! what did Dr Oh say regarding the complications of jaw surgery? I want to get my jaw done too but the risks are kind of setting me back. I know there are risks for any kind of surgery but since its the jaw I feel like so many things could go wrong

thanks for sharing! what did Dr Oh say regarding the complications of jaw surgery? I want to get my jaw done too but the risks are kind of setting me back. I know there are risks for any kind of surgery but since its the jaw I feel like so many things could go wrong

Hey Yaku! Thanks for the video and I also checked out your IG and WOW your results are looking great already! I plan on getting jaw and cheek bone reduction surgery and hope it turns out well. I plan on going to daprs for a consultation and may add banobagi now too on my list. Do you mind sharing approximate cost for your jaw surgery?

Last edited:
Hey, y'all! ^^ So, I finally uploaded PART 2 of my cosmetic surgery experience in Korea, and you can see a day-by-day recovery.

I'm going to clear a few things up that weren't mentioned in my last thread.

The reason I mention DocFinderKorea so much is because they did a GREAT JOB for me. I can only speak of my experience and no one else's. Nowadays, it's hard for people to believe that anybody would just recommend something without being sponsored.

You know, I could probably get paid a **** ton of money for doing something like this for a big company and leave the Army rich as ****, BUT I'm not. >,< So, please stop with the "ARE YOU SPONSORED?" questions.

Since DocFinderKorea did such a great job for me by accommodating me with a taxi ride from the airport to my hotel, gave me rides to my appointments, accompanied me during the appointments, translated on my behalf, negotiated/bargained with the consultants on the price, and made sure that I had everything I needed for a smooth recovery -- I figured that I SHOULD slap their name all over my surgery experience. [ It'd be redundant not to, especially since they played such a big role.]

YES, their services are free because you don't pay a single dime upfront, or even after the experience is over with. People say that DocFinderKorea gets paid from the surgery bill, but that's a lie made up from some imagination or theory that people have.

DocFinderKorea is accredited by the Republic of Korea, and ONLY offers you the clinics that have the best reviews and no incidents. They even stopped recommending one of their top clinics because it had one bad incident. DocFinderKorea has a name to uphold, so they can't be recommending clinics that might do poorly.

I, personally, had an awesome experience with DocFinderKorea, and Shin Park was extremely nice and hardworking. I definitely recommend this service for foreigners who are nervous about traveling to get surgery in a culturally-different place.

BY THE WAY-- My nose is slowly getting slimmer, and my chin/jaw area is redefining itself day-by-day. There's absolutely no pain, and it's been about a month now. I have some early post-op photos on my IG if you are interested in that. ^^ If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Do any of you plan on getting jaw and/or nose surgery done? If so, which clinics interest you. I'm interested considering I only ever looked into ID Hospital and Banobagi clinic. ENJOY THE VIDEO!!! :lol:

Hey Yaku! Thanks for the video and I also checked out your IG and WOW your results are looking great already! I plan on getting jaw and cheek bone reduction surgery and hope it turns out well. I plan on going to daprs for a consultation and may add banobagi now too on my list. Do you mind sharing approximate cost for your jaw surgery?

He said that you mustn't plan on getting into a fist fight with someone after the surgery because the bone is still healing, and if it gets knocked out of place, it will heal the way that it's broken. LOL Complications during the surgery are not high, and the only thing that might be dangerous is if you're not healthy and the anasthesia is too much for you -- you could get cardiac arrest.

If you're healthy, you should be fine. They're very skilled, and I'm sure many top clinics will assure you of the risks. :smile:

Hi Yaku! Thanks for sharing your story! I checked out your YouTube and Instagram and noticed you are a vegan and also part of the military (thanks for your service!). How much do you think your good physical health (just assuming since you look really healthy) and dietary habits affected your recovery? You seem to be healing much faster than some other people who have gotten similar procedures.

Hi Yaku! Thanks for sharing your story! I checked out your YouTube and Instagram and noticed you are a vegan and also part of the military (thanks for your service!). How much do you think your good physical health (just assuming since you look really healthy) and dietary habits affected your recovery? You seem to be healing much faster than some other people who have gotten similar procedures.
I honestly think my athleticism and diet play a big part! Some people are genetically equipped to heal faster, but I think that my health definitely assisted in a smooth recovery. I'm still recovering, and it's still noticeable. My nose is still swollen, but I see changes everyday. :smile:

It is recommended you eat healthily before doing surgery --then an 8 hour fast right before surgery. :P

You can get an online consultation to get an approximate price of your desired surgeries. I already shared the price in another thread and the price will be different for everyone.

I paid $3000 USD for nose & $8000 USD for jaw.

You can get an online consultation to get an approximate price of your desired surgeries. I already shared the price in another thread and the price will be different for everyone.

I paid $3000 USD for nose & $8000 USD for jaw.

Oh ok. Thank you for sharing it again! I will start doing online consultations next month or so. Thanks again and hope the rest of your recovery goes well!

Hm Sodium you got that wrong. My best friend went to Banobagi to ask about this event and they said that there has never been such an event for foreigners. They explained that sometimes there are events for locals, but it does not apply for foreigners. It is impossible for her to get that price. She got a price recommendation and then we contacted Docfinderkorea and voila: they quoted us the same price as Banobagi!!!
Thank you sooooo much!!! :heart:

I know you didn't mean that, Sodium.
I don't believe your heart is truly like that.

I'm not completely healed, so it's unfair to pick apart my face, but I know you're just commenting that to get back at me for the harsh thing I said. I was just being vicious because I felt attacked. Like I said in the message, I'm sorry for any hurtful words I said to you.

Thanks for trying to look out for me, but the surgeries that happened already happened. I'll try not to take this comment to heart. Your comment is a bit more hurtful because you can actually see my face, but my insulting comment has nothing to drive on because no one knows what you look like.

I'm sure you're beautiful, but you're smart not to paste your face all over the internet like me for people to gawk at. I'll try my best to look good now that I already messed up my face. I will go to gym everyday to make sure that at least my body can help me find someone that will find me attractive.

Pretty much. I felt hurt that you would say such a thing to me, especially since I spent a lot of money. I'm pretty sure you're feeling the same way.

My intention was not trying to make you look like a scam artist. I have my own personal vendetta against foreigner-targeted hospitals and anything related to medical tourism. I had my primary rhinoplasty and eye surgery with a famous clinic with a good reputation (not going to name them). They scammed me of all my money, gave me the 'foreigner' price, and still managed to mess up my face. I've had revisions done with them for free, but it never got fixed, and now I'm spending all my money to fix everything at different clinics. It just really upsets me how this industry treats foreigners.

If you love your result and enjoyed the special treatment, then good on you. My intention was never to make you regret your decision or money-spent, if you're happy and felt like you got the best out of this, then kudos to you! I, on the other hand, was not so lucky since I paid double or even triple what Koreans pay, and still had my face messed up.

I'm sorry too.

Also If you think you need a great face and a great body to find someone who finds you attractive, you're wrong. I know this is cheesy of me to say, especially on a plastic surgery forum, but a beautiful heart is the most important, and I can see that you're not just all looks. After all the surgery I've done, looks have improved a lot, but I try not to let a better face and a better body get to my head, because at the end of the day, beautiful faces and bodies is not what keeps people together.

Have a good one, and happy recovering :smile:

Pretty much. I felt hurt that you would say such a thing to me, especially since I spent a lot of money. I'm pretty sure you're feeling the same way.

My intention was not trying to make you look like a scam artist. I have my own personal vendetta against foreigner-targeted hospitals and anything related to medical tourism. I had my primary rhinoplasty and eye surgery with a famous clinic with a good reputation (not going to name them). They scammed me of all my money, gave me the 'foreigner' price, and still managed to mess up my face. I've had revisions done with them for free, but it never got fixed, and now I'm spending all my money to fix everything at different clinics. It just really upsets me how this industry treats foreigners.

If you love your result and enjoyed the special treatment, then good on you. My intention was never to make you regret your decision or money-spent, if you're happy and felt like you got the best out of this, then kudos to you! I, on the other hand, was not so lucky since I paid double or even triple what Koreans pay, and still had my face messed up.

I'm sorry too.

Also If you think you need a great face and a great body to find someone who finds you attractive, you're wrong. I know this is cheesy of me to say, especially on a plastic surgery forum, but a beautiful heart is the most important, and I can see that you're not just all looks. After all the surgery I've done, looks have improved a lot, but I try not to let a better face and a better body get to my head, because at the end of the day, beautiful faces and bodies is not what keeps people together.

Have a good one, and happy recovering :smile:
Thanks much, doll. :heart: Feel much better now.