My plastic surgery story with Wannabe PS

Mar 31, 2019
Hello guys!

Now I finally took the step to get surgery done and I knew that I want to share my story with others. Here are many people posting, but while researching I felt that most people visit similar clinics, bigger ones with positive and negative reviews.

For sure, I don’t think that there’s the perfect clinic outside, but I hoped back then to find a clinic with an overall better appearance.

To me: I’m german-thai mixed. I was already born with a double eyelid and a very high nosebridge (many people asked me if I had fillers or surgery, but I never had any before). But I was still never satisfied. I wanted longer eyes, because they are very short and I have very big pupils, which make my eyes look even smaller. My aim was to get ist outer corners extended with lateral canthoplasty.

My eyelid also formed a triple eyelid on one eye. It never disturbed me that much, but I thought that when my eyes are already swollen due surgery, I could get it fixed aditionally, because my face would be already swollen anyway.

Concerning my nose: I just wanted simple tip-plasty, since my tip was a bit bulbous and formed a stup nose. I wanted a more mature look by lowering it.

I didn’t get surgery in Germany, because a clinic quoted me 5000€ for simple tip-plasty and I wasn’t sure if they could handle an european-asian nose. Moreover, I also didn’t get anything done in Thailand, because I felt that some clinics recommended me procedures in which they’re good at and not which were necessary for me. Whenever I mentioned that I wanted bigger eyes, they recommended canthoplasty in ordert o remove my monogalian fold. But I feared the distance between my eyes would look to short and weird.

That was when I decided to get surgery in Korea. I informed myself through this forum and had many online consulations with many clinics. I made an appointment with the clinics that sounded reasonable and were friendly. I knew I couldn’t feel comfortable with an unfriendly consultant. (For sure if the clinic is good, some would still consider going to these appointments, but it rather made me anxious…).

So before I came to Korea I made appointments with: a bigger clinic (I won’t mention ist name for personal reasons), Hyundae and Wannabe. I also thought of going to Kooki (Cooki ?) Clinic, but I didn’t make an appointment.

Before my arrival I decided not to go to Hyundae due financial aspects. In their e-mails they seemed very professional and they always answered everything very carefully and friendly. Just the price was way too much, but included was also a transport from the airport.

I arrived on a sunday in Seoul to make sure to be fit for the consultations on monday. I had an appointment with a bigger clinic which doesn’t really have a good reputation... The consultant was pushy and totally fake friendly. She laughed about everything I said even though I didn’t make a joke LOL. After a patient walked by and me seeing her botched nose, I knew I wouldn’t come back.

Afterwards I went spontaneously to Cooki Clinic, it was a small clinic, but they had many patients in the waiting room which were mostly korean. Even though there were only two doctors, I could directly talk to one that would’ve done my eyes, I unfortunately forgot her name. She was very friendly, also the consultant was very kind. The doctor for the nose was in a surgery, so I couldn’t talk to him. They quoted me a price of which I thought it could be over-priced, but since I hadn’t any clue how much koreans normally pay, I can’t say much about it. Actually I was thinking about going there, but they actually wouldn’t perform what I wanted, so it would’ve been very unnecessary.

On this day I had my last consultation at Wannabe PS with which I ended up having surgery with. It was also a smaller clinic with only doctors. I actually prefered small clinics, because I feel that they treat you like a patient and not another factory’s object. I also feared doctor switching, but when they’re only two doctors, it’s actually impossible. I wasn’t able to figure out a lot about them, so I just went there by myself. Maybe that helps some of you.

On Line I talked to my consultant Alexa. With her I felt the most sympathy until now. I really appreciated that she said I am already pretty, but that she can understand if I want to improve my look. In comparison: the first clinic’s consultant said that I will be pretty afterwards… (so am I ugly now? haha)

She even told me that I reminded her of her first patient that also only wanted tip-plasty haha I thought it was very cute that she could still remember some patients! First she kept asking if I got fillers, but then I told her to touch my nose bridge and then she believed it surprised. Before the doctor came, wem ade pictures of my face and some x-rays (this was the only clinic that did this for a consultation that far!). Then I met the doctor Cha who was very kind too. He smiled often and listened carefully to my ideas. He could tell that my bone structure doesn’t allow extended eye outer corners and he agreeded that the remove oft he monogalian fold would make my eyes look too close. He said he could lower my lower eyelid, but it would create a very ‘sad eye shape‘ He said he could fix my tripple eyelid (at this point I wasn’t sure if I really wanted that, because my main aim was longer eyes…)

He then commented on my nose and even touched it to feel how it is build like. I asked for a more defined nose tip and that it gets lowered a bit. Dr. Cha said he could perform that to an extend where my nose wouldn’t appear too long. I also asked for Alarplasty, but he said I wouldn’t be able to breathe if he performed that.

I was quoted a very reasonable price for eyelid and tip-plasty.

I didn’t have to think long. I felt that I should go with this clinic and that they understand my needs and wishes. So I booked the surgery fort he next day. At this time I booked the eyelid-surgery and tip-plasty + short nose correction.

Attachments

• IMG_20190403_132351.jpg
    IMG_20190403_132351.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 905
  • IMG_20190403_132326.jpg
    IMG_20190403_132326.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 893
Reactions: Jess2ng2 and 0x0
hello, thank you for sharing! Wannabe is on the top of my list! I was wondering if you are happy with the result? and is it possible for me to see a before picture of your nose? you can PM me if you prefer, thank you in advance!

Hello guys!

Now I finally took the step to get surgery done and I knew that I want to share my story with others. Here are many people posting, but while researching I felt that most people visit similar clinics, bigger ones with positive and negative reviews.

For sure, I don’t think that there’s the perfect clinic outside, but I hoped back then to find a clinic with an overall better appearance.

To me: I’m german-thai mixed. I was already born with a double eyelid and a very high nosebridge (many people asked me if I had fillers or surgery, but I never had any before). But I was still never satisfied. I wanted longer eyes, because they are very short and I have very big pupils, which make my eyes look even smaller. My aim was to get ist outer corners extended with lateral canthoplasty.

My eyelid also formed a triple eyelid on one eye. It never disturbed me that much, but I thought that when my eyes are already swollen due surgery, I could get it fixed aditionally, because my face would be already swollen anyway.

Concerning my nose: I just wanted simple tip-plasty, since my tip was a bit bulbous and formed a stup nose. I wanted a more mature look by lowering it.

I didn’t get surgery in Germany, because a clinic quoted me 5000€ for simple tip-plasty and I wasn’t sure if they could handle an european-asian nose. Moreover, I also didn’t get anything done in Thailand, because I felt that some clinics recommended me procedures in which they’re good at and not which were necessary for me. Whenever I mentioned that I wanted bigger eyes, they recommended canthoplasty in ordert o remove my monogalian fold. But I feared the distance between my eyes would look to short and weird.

That was when I decided to get surgery in Korea. I informed myself through this forum and had many online consulations with many clinics. I made an appointment with the clinics that sounded reasonable and were friendly. I knew I couldn’t feel comfortable with an unfriendly consultant. (For sure if the clinic is good, some would still consider going to these appointments, but it rather made me anxious…).

So before I came to Korea I made appointments with: a bigger clinic (I won’t mention ist name for personal reasons), Hyundae and Wannabe. I also thought of going to Kooki (Cooki ?) Clinic, but I didn’t make an appointment.

Before my arrival I decided not to go to Hyundae due financial aspects. In their e-mails they seemed very professional and they always answered everything very carefully and friendly. Just the price was way too much, but included was also a transport from the airport.

I arrived on a sunday in Seoul to make sure to be fit for the consultations on monday. I had an appointment with a bigger clinic which doesn’t really have a good reputation... The consultant was pushy and totally fake friendly. She laughed about everything I said even though I didn’t make a joke LOL. After a patient walked by and me seeing her botched nose, I knew I wouldn’t come back.

Afterwards I went spontaneously to Cooki Clinic, it was a small clinic, but they had many patients in the waiting room which were mostly korean. Even though there were only two doctors, I could directly talk to one that would’ve done my eyes, I unfortunately forgot her name. She was very friendly, also the consultant was very kind. The doctor for the nose was in a surgery, so I couldn’t talk to him. They quoted me a price of which I thought it could be over-priced, but since I hadn’t any clue how much koreans normally pay, I can’t say much about it. Actually I was thinking about going there, but they actually wouldn’t perform what I wanted, so it would’ve been very unnecessary.

On this day I had my last consultation at Wannabe PS with which I ended up having surgery with. It was also a smaller clinic with only doctors. I actually prefered small clinics, because I feel that they treat you like a patient and not another factory’s object. I also feared doctor switching, but when they’re only two doctors, it’s actually impossible. I wasn’t able to figure out a lot about them, so I just went there by myself. Maybe that helps some of you.

On Line I talked to my consultant Alexa. With her I felt the most sympathy until now. I really appreciated that she said I am already pretty, but that she can understand if I want to improve my look. In comparison: the first clinic’s consultant said that I will be pretty afterwards… (so am I ugly now? haha)

She even told me that I reminded her of her first patient that also only wanted tip-plasty haha I thought it was very cute that she could still remember some patients! First she kept asking if I got fillers, but then I told her to touch my nose bridge and then she believed it surprised. Before the doctor came, wem ade pictures of my face and some x-rays (this was the only clinic that did this for a consultation that far!). Then I met the doctor Cha who was very kind too. He smiled often and listened carefully to my ideas. He could tell that my bone structure doesn’t allow extended eye outer corners and he agreeded that the remove oft he monogalian fold would make my eyes look too close. He said he could lower my lower eyelid, but it would create a very ‘sad eye shape‘ He said he could fix my tripple eyelid (at this point I wasn’t sure if I really wanted that, because my main aim was longer eyes…)

He then commented on my nose and even touched it to feel how it is build like. I asked for a more defined nose tip and that it gets lowered a bit. Dr. Cha said he could perform that to an extend where my nose wouldn’t appear too long. I also asked for Alarplasty, but he said I wouldn’t be able to breathe if he performed that.

I didn’t have to think long. I felt that I should go with this clinic and that they understand my needs and wishes. So I booked the surgery fort he next day. At this time I booked the eyelid-surgery and tip-plasty + short nose correction.
Hello guys!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing! Your nose and eyes look beautiful! What type of eyelid surgery did you end up getting? And if I may ask, what did Wannabe end up charging you? They're my top choice for my revision rhino and medial epicanthoplasty.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing! Your nose and eyes look beautiful! What type of eyelid surgery did you end up getting? And if I may ask, what did Wannabe end up charging you? They're my top choice for my revision rhino and medial epicanthoplasty.

Hey!
Thank you very much! But I think it wasn't very obvious in the post, but this is only part one of a few one! :smile: I'm still in week three and wanted to post my recovery progress after I reached week 4!
And the nose in the pictures is my nose before.. haha Maybe I can send you private a picture of my face, maybe you see then that my tip was very bulbous :smile: especially from other angles! :smile:

I ended up not getting eye surgery, I'll explain it in my next posts! I only got Tip plasty done! :smile: But from the pictures I saw they're very good in natural results! I remember when I left the clinic the last time and saw a young women pointing excited to the pictures that we'r shown there. I didn't understand what she said to her Boyfriend, but she seemed very convinced by them too! Haha

Tip plasty and short nose correction are 4 Mio Won :smile: I'd just add them via Line or other apps and have an online consultation :smile: I just send a picture from different angles and told them what I expected :smile: Alexa answered, she was ver y kind and told me then what the doctor recommended :smile:

My plastic surgery story with Wannabe PS part 2

The next day was my operation day. In the morning I received a cute message from Alexa in which she asked how I feel and if I already had breakfast. I unluckily overslept, so I couldn’t eat and drink until I finished the surgery.

I was still unsure if the eyelid-surgery was really what I needed. And the more I thought about it, the more I thought I still could get it done in future when I’m really sure to do the right thing. So I cancelled the eyelid- surgery last minute on the same day. (I don’t recommend it. Normally you really should know what you want and what you need!!)

No one was pushy and I didn’t feel forced to undergo anything that I didn’t want to do. Alexa was also very supportive and that let me feel like their biggest concern is my happiness. She agreed that I shouldn’t do anything unless I’m really sure I want it.

They gave me new clothes and I washed my face, then I paid. But unfortunately the machine didn’t work with my credit cards, so I had to go fast to a bank (close walking distance, maybe one minute) and get cash to pay. Make sure to know how high your daily card limit is set. Alexa accompanied me to make sure I’ll find the bank.

Before my surgery I met doctor Cha again. He drew some lines on my nose and described how my final nose would look like. I was informed that I’ll be awake during surgery and won’t sleep the whole time. I am a super feary person with a very low pain-tolerace, so that really made me worry, but there was no reason to!

So before I was brought to the surgery room, I had to wash out my mouth and to go to the toilet the last time. Then I realised I needed a sanitary pad, they even managed to organize me one from somewhere! I really felt they cared for their patients.

Then I was brought to the surgery room and one nurse put a needle inside my arm which hurt so much that I even cried! Haha

The nurse was so cute, she apologised so many times and even hugged me haha, but I think it was more the problem that I can’t stand pain well. The second needle didn’t hurt that much. I am just very feary and can’t take needles well. They realised I was shaking a bit so they put some blankets over me to make sure I’m kept warm.

After this, I I just remember how I woke up from a weird dream. I didn’t realize I was sleeping, until the doctor had to wake me up. He told me to breathe through my mouth and not nose. The surgery passed by very fast, wasn’t bad at all. I feared so much in the beginning, but there was no reason to. (A week later I got a tattoo… it was way worse than the surgery!! Haha)

After surgery they brought me into another room with a bed to rest a little. People say the mouth is so dry after surgery, even Alexa warned me of this… but I never had this problem! I felt totally fine, after ten minutes I felt totally fine to walk again. My body wasn’t that weak at all. (Maybe it’s because my surgery was a very small one in comparison.)

After I felt better Alexa came in and had prepared a bag in which were bandages and some cooling packs for at home. Before the surgery I pleased her to charge my cellphone and she did!

It was already late and over the closing time of Wannabe PS (because we started the surgery delayed due me having to go tot he bank again) and even though it wasn’t her working time anymore, Alexa brought me to a pharmacie downstairs and helped me to get into a taxi afterwards. I am very thankful for her help.

I didn’t feel weak after surgery and my nose didn’t hurt too. It was just super stiff and bleeded a lot which worried me first. The cotton pads inside my nose were already soaked, so the blood kept running down.

It was already 10 pm when Alexa called me to make sure that I’m still fine. I thought this was super cute that she made sure I’m alright, since I was already worried about my super bleedy nose. She said that this is normal and that I shouldn’t remove the cotton pads, even though they’re already soaked. She told me to wait for my appointment on the next day, so I just kept cooling my face with the cooling pads that were given to me and ate a bit. I realised one cooling pack was already cooled by the clinic so that I could directly start cooling once I return back home.

--------------------------------------
Hey! I will update you guys in a few days with my recovery process + pictures :smile: I already reached week four, but I want to wait until it's really a full month since my surgery :smile: Feel free to ask me any questions, via PN is also fine! :smile:

My plastic surgery story with Wannabe PS part 3

Day 1:

I woke up with a disgusting taste of blood that kept flowing down my nose. When I looked into the mirror… I had such a minor swelling that I sometimes even have without surgery after a bad night. So I actually looked totally fine (except of my bandaged nose, my nose seemed very swollen.) The funny thing is, the minor swelling at my eyes just hit my monolid fold, so it was gone due swelling for one day. And yes, I was right. My eyes really looked to close like that. haha

I had an appointment with the clinic at 10 am. I was so glad that they gave me such an early appointment! Haha

They removed the cotton pads and plasters around my ear. I could finally breathe!! (but not for long.. I catched a cold)

I also had a deswelling treatment and my hair got washed too.

In the evening the bleeding stopped, but my nose started running due me catching a cold and I wasn’t allowed to blow my nose for 2 weeks…

This day I could already start putting on the ointment on all stitches. I also started to cool my face a lot with the cooling packs. On a paper they gave me was recommended to cool from day 1-4 and then to do a massage with a warm towel.

Day 2,3,4

These days were very similar to each other. Since I never really felt bad, I kept walking a lot. Traveling around Seoul distracted me from what I’ve done. I also made sure to eat a lot for the medication. The swelling slowly went down from day to day. It was an exciting game to wake up every morning and to look if something has changed. Koreans actually don’t look at you very obviously, I had the feeling that no one really cared about my surgery. I also cooled my face a lot in these days. The cast became quiet loose due the deswelling.. I was afraid that it could fall off, so I fixed it with some plasters.. haha

Day 5,6

I thought I already looked normal and well healed. I counted the days unpatiently until the sitches removal. It felt like an eternity. I started massaging my face with a warm towel like described in the papers they gave me. I wanted to deswell as fast as possible. Today Alexa told me I could remove the cast already… I felt relived haha

Day 7 Stitch removal day!

I was so excited for this day and my appointment was also very early like the last time.

They removed the outer nose stitches and the stitches behind my ear. Then they taped my ear stitches. Afterwards I got some deswelling treatments.

I’m honest. After I saw my nose, I disliked it. It look weird curved, big and I thought my nose looked better before. But this was only the swelling. It is important to know that your nose will still deswell. I could feel that my nose was still very stiff and numb, so I knew it must’ve been the swelling. My nose was still very numb and swollen at the tip which went down after another week. I met a girl in my hostel who also underwent surgery. She got the same shocking experience of hating her new nose first. But mostly the swelling makes it appear bigger! So just wait longer! It already looked much prettier after a week!

Day 14

I deswelled a lot during the last two weeks and I still see minor swellings. I feel satisfied with my nose now. Also my friend is happy with her results which shows that one really has to wait. I’m excited to see how it changes in tne next two weeks.

Day 21

I returned to work after about two weeks. No one realised that I got surgery done… haha not even my mother did! After the stitch removal day, I had a video chat with her, she hadn’t seen me for a while and didn’t even realise that I got something done. Also at work no one saw it. They rather said something about my new tattoo. It looks very natural that no one really sees it. That’s how I want it! People say I kinda look prettier, but they always think it’s about the new tattoo or the new haircut. They can’t really say what has changed. (I really recommend getting a drastic haircut after surgery..haha) Even on social media no one said something.. haha

I still have minor swellings and my tip is still numb, but I know it’s just a time of waiting until this problem will be gone too. I started applying scar creme after I returned in my country and apply it three times a day (like it says on the package).

Day 28

Four weeks have passed. I can’t really believe that I got my nose done. I am back in my normal life and it doesn’t affect me at all. My nose looks pretty and very natural (but is still a bit swollen..). The tip is much more defined now, but I realised that my left nose side is still a bit more swollen than the right one.. haha I remember that Alexa once told me that asymmetry in swellings is quiet normal. She mentioned that people mostly deswell faster on the side on which they chew… I normally chew my food on the right side of my mouth, so maybe that explains the swelling better… haha

I am excited to see all the swelling going down!

Reactions: 0x0
My plastic surgery story with Wannabe PS part 3

Day 1:

I woke up with a disgusting taste of blood that kept flowing down my nose. When I looked into the mirror… I had such a minor swelling that I sometimes even have without surgery after a bad night. So I actually looked totally fine (except of my bandaged nose, my nose seemed very swollen.) The funny thing is, the minor swelling at my eyes just hit my monolid fold, so it was gone due swelling for one day. And yes, I was right. My eyes really looked to close like that. haha

I had an appointment with the clinic at 10 am. I was so glad that they gave me such an early appointment! Haha

They removed the cotton pads and plasters around my ear. I could finally breathe!! (but not for long.. I catched a cold)

I also had a deswelling treatment and my hair got washed too.

In the evening the bleeding stopped, but my nose started running due me catching a cold and I wasn’t allowed to blow my nose for 2 weeks…

This day I could already start putting on the ointment on all stitches. I also started to cool my face a lot with the cooling packs. On a paper they gave me was recommended to cool from day 1-4 and then to do a massage with a warm towel.

Day 2,3,4

These days were very similar to each other. Since I never really felt bad, I kept walking a lot. Traveling around Seoul distracted me from what I’ve done. I also made sure to eat a lot for the medication. The swelling slowly went down from day to day. It was an exciting game to wake up every morning and to look if something has changed. Koreans actually don’t look at you very obviously, I had the feeling that no one really cared about my surgery. I also cooled my face a lot in these days. The cast became quiet loose due the deswelling.. I was afraid that it could fall off, so I fixed it with some plasters.. haha

Day 5,6

I thought I already looked normal and well healed. I counted the days unpatiently until the sitches removal. It felt like an eternity. I started massaging my face with a warm towel like described in the papers they gave me. I wanted to deswell as fast as possible. Today Alexa told me I could remove the cast already… I felt relived haha

Day 7 Stitch removal day!

I was so excited for this day and my appointment was also very early like the last time.

They removed the outer nose stitches and the stitches behind my ear. Then they taped my ear stitches. Afterwards I got some deswelling treatments.

I’m honest. After I saw my nose, I disliked it. It look weird curved, big and I thought my nose looked better before. But this was only the swelling. It is important to know that your nose will still deswell. I could feel that my nose was still very stiff and numb, so I knew it must’ve been the swelling. My nose was still very numb and swollen at the tip which went down after another week. I met a girl in my hostel who also underwent surgery. She got the same shocking experience of hating her new nose first. But mostly the swelling makes it appear bigger! So just wait longer! It already looked much prettier after a week!

Day 14

I deswelled a lot during the last two weeks and I still see minor swellings. I feel satisfied with my nose now. Also my friend is happy with her results which shows that one really has to wait. I’m excited to see how it changes in tne next two weeks.

Day 21

I returned to work after about two weeks. No one realised that I got surgery done… haha not even my mother did! After the stitch removal day, I had a video chat with her, she hadn’t seen me for a while and didn’t even realise that I got something done. Also at work no one saw it. They rather said something about my new tattoo. It looks very natural that no one really sees it. That’s how I want it! People say I kinda look prettier, but they always think it’s about the new tattoo or the new haircut. They can’t really say what has changed. (I really recommend getting a drastic haircut after surgery..haha) Even on social media no one said something.. haha

I still have minor swellings and my tip is still numb, but I know it’s just a time of waiting until this problem will be gone too. I started applying scar creme after I returned in my country and apply it three times a day (like it says on the package).

Day 28

Four weeks have passed. I can’t really believe that I got my nose done. I am back in my normal life and it doesn’t affect me at all. My nose looks pretty and very natural (but is still a bit swollen..). The tip is much more defined now, but I realised that my left nose side is still a bit more swollen than the right one.. haha I remember that Alexa once told me that asymmetry in swellings is quiet normal. She mentioned that people mostly deswell faster on the side on which they chew… I normally chew my food on the right side of my mouth, so maybe that explains the swelling better… haha

I am excited to see all the swelling going down!
Thank you sharing!! I am going in for my surgery today at 1:30 at Wannabe!! Wish me luck!!

Here you can see my recovery pictures! :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_20190417_094056.jpg
    IMG_20190417_094056.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 617
  • IMG_20190417_094040.jpg
    IMG_20190417_094040.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 617
  • IMG_20190417_094017.jpg
    IMG_20190417_094017.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_20190417_002357.jpg