My Plastic Surgery Experience with April 31

Hello Everyone,

I'm back to update you on my one month post op progress. Starting from where I last left off I was scheduled to remove my nose stitches and bandages 7 days post op. When I arrived to that appointment my face and nose was still very swollen... I was told that my swelling appeared to be subsiding slower than the average person therefore they recommended wearing the bandages for another few days to help compress the swelling. After a few days I was finally able to remove the bandages and could start applying the ointment to the scar. Honestly, I was very frightened and anxious to see what was underneath the bandages and low and behold what I saw was nothing near what I expected... it was still SUPER swollen. My nose was severely upturned, my nostrils were completely uneven, and the projection was horrendously long. I honestly felt like the creature from the movie: The Grinch Stole Christmas. My nose just looked like a foreign object on my face. I momentarily had a break down and messaged Brian (consultant) about my concerns. He told me not to worry and that my nose was still super swollen so over time it will settle into my face. He also reminded me that we had one last appointment with Dr. Kim, therefore we can go over my concerns and have another look at my nose before I return back home.

It was around 10 days post op when I had my last appointment with Dr. Kim. The swelling on my face and nose had slightly improved; the nose looked less upturned, the bulbous tip reduced compared to my old nose and a tiny less swollen but the projection was still super long, especially on the left side. This worried me severely because I couldn't see the projection shrinking too much; when the ratio of the projection to my face was way off. I addressed my concerns with the consultant and Dr.Kim. They said that my nose was still very swollen and that the projection should shrink 20% when it heals and after a month I should be overall content with my nose.

As time passed by I tried to not pay too much attention to my nose on a daily basis as I was told the changes will be very slow and I must be patient with the results. One week lead to two weeks, then three; I noticed it slooowwwly starting to deswell and that the nose started to settle into my face. There were days where I was loving the results and other days where I saw little improvement. Now that I have reached one month post op I can honestly say I have mixed feelings with my nose. I have mixed feelings because overall my nose no longer has a severe bulbous tip which was the main reason why I wanted a tip plasty but on the other hand my nose still doesn't look very natural, the nostrils are still very uneven and for some odd reason my left side of the nose looks crooked, the projection is still too long, theres a slight bulge on the side tip and looking above theres a slight dip creating a bird nose effect. Im not sure if this is caused by the swelling or if this is an error to my surgery...

It's a little disheartening because many people say that once your reach the one month post op it will overall determine how your healed nose should look and that there wont be too much change afterwards. I hope that this will not be the case for me as this is not what I asked for or imagined my nose to be. I have been told that my healing process is slower than the average person so it potentially could just be really swollen on the left side mainly. Who knows... I just hope for the best and that eventually things will look a lot more natural and proportionate to my face. I was really hoping that my surgery would be successful and that there would be no need of a revision, especially if I go to a reputable doctor. I suppose I will have to wait a few more months to see if things improve.

That is all I really have to say for now. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you have experienced a slower healing process. I want to hear your story!
hey girl do you have kakao? So I can talk to you if possible? I'm still indecisive with which clinic to go to, but my main concern is the bulbous part of my tip. If possible, can I see B&A pictures (with your face censored if necessary) ^^. I wish you all the best luck with the recovery and it's only 1 month! Give it 2 more months to see more of the final results :smile:

Could you possibly share some before and after pics? Please pm me.
Also, when you do tip plasty only, where does the tip start? can they reduce the width of the lower area also?
Thanks so much!

Yes I can PM them to you.

Umm well my bulbous tip started a bit higher up so they had to remove quite a lot of cartilage. When I send you the photos you will have a better idea of what Im talking about. Depends what you mean by the lower area.. If your talking about the alar base then that can to reduced if you really need it but I think that's another additional procedure to a tip plasty.

hey girl do you have kakao? So I can talk to you if possible? I'm still indecisive with which clinic to go to, but my main concern is the bulbous part of my tip. If possible, can I see B&A pictures (with your face censored if necessary) ^^. I wish you all the best luck with the recovery and it's only 1 month! Give it 2 more months to see more of the final results :smile:

Hey I do! PM me your username and I will add you :smile:

Yes forsure! Yeah it has only been one month and I heal slow too.. So I guess I will have to be patient. Im pretty sure all the symptoms im having on the left side is caused by swelling. Once it goes down it should improve significantly.

Hello Everyone,

I'm back to update you on my one month post op progress. Starting from where I last left off I was scheduled to remove my nose stitches and bandages 7 days post op. When I arrived to that appointment my face and nose was still very swollen... I was told that my swelling appeared to be subsiding slower than the average person therefore they recommended wearing the bandages for another few days to help compress the swelling. After a few days I was finally able to remove the bandages and could start applying the ointment to the scar. Honestly, I was very frightened and anxious to see what was underneath the bandages and low and behold what I saw was nothing near what I expected... it was still SUPER swollen. My nose was severely upturned, my nostrils were completely uneven, and the projection was horrendously long. I honestly felt like the creature from the movie: The Grinch Stole Christmas. My nose just looked like a foreign object on my face. I momentarily had a break down and messaged Brian (consultant) about my concerns. He told me not to worry and that my nose was still super swollen so over time it will settle into my face. He also reminded me that we had one last appointment with Dr. Kim, therefore we can go over my concerns and have another look at my nose before I return back home.

It was around 10 days post op when I had my last appointment with Dr. Kim. The swelling on my face and nose had slightly improved; the nose looked less upturned, the bulbous tip reduced compared to my old nose and a tiny less swollen but the projection was still super long, especially on the left side. This worried me severely because I couldn't see the projection shrinking too much; when the ratio of the projection to my face was way off. I addressed my concerns with the consultant and Dr.Kim. They said that my nose was still very swollen and that the projection should shrink 20% when it heals and after a month I should be overall content with my nose.

As time passed by I tried to not pay too much attention to my nose on a daily basis as I was told the changes will be very slow and I must be patient with the results. One week lead to two weeks, then three; I noticed it slooowwwly starting to deswell and that the nose started to settle into my face. There were days where I was loving the results and other days where I saw little improvement. Now that I have reached one month post op I can honestly say I have mixed feelings with my nose. I have mixed feelings because overall my nose no longer has a severe bulbous tip which was the main reason why I wanted a tip plasty but on the other hand my nose still doesn't look very natural, the nostrils are still very uneven and for some odd reason my left side of the nose looks crooked, the projection is still too long, theres a slight bulge on the side tip and looking above theres a slight dip creating a bird nose effect. Im not sure if this is caused by the swelling or if this is an error to my surgery...

It's a little disheartening because many people say that once your reach the one month post op it will overall determine how your healed nose should look and that there wont be too much change afterwards. I hope that this will not be the case for me as this is not what I asked for or imagined my nose to be. I have been told that my healing process is slower than the average person so it potentially could just be really swollen on the left side mainly. Who knows... I just hope for the best and that eventually things will look a lot more natural and proportionate to my face. I was really hoping that my surgery would be successful and that there would be no need of a revision, especially if I go to a reputable doctor. I suppose I will have to wait a few more months to see if things improve.

That is all I really have to say for now. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you have experienced a slower healing process. I want to hear your story!

Hey thanks for such a detailed account on your journey, it's great to have members give back to the community. I am interested to visit April31 since I'd expect myself to pay around 7 million for my primary rhinoplasty for nasal obstruction and perhaps some lateral osteotomy (hopefully it wouldn't be extremely expensive). I would love to see your results if you're so kind as to PM the pictures, thanks in advance :smile:

Hey thanks for such a detailed account on your journey, it's great to have members give back to the community. I am interested to visit April31 since I'd expect myself to pay around 7 million for my primary rhinoplasty for nasal obstruction and perhaps some lateral osteotomy (hopefully it wouldn't be extremely expensive). I would love to see your results if you're so kind as to PM the pictures, thanks in advance :smile:

Hey no problem!! Hope it is helpful :smile:

Hello Everyone,

Hi i saw your posts and would also like to view your pictures if possible. I will be in Seoul in April, and i want to hear more about your rhino experience. Thanks. may i have your kaokao ID too?