My Plastic Surgery experience at BRAUN Plastic Surgery in Seoul, South Korea

Luck_24

Dec 18, 2021
Hi everyone, here is my experience at BRAUN Plastic Surgery in Seoul, South Korea. It was very helpful reading about people’s experiences so I thought I would share my mine in hopes it will help someone else.

Choosing the clinic:

There were a few clinics that I was very interested in initially, so I decided to do my research and choose the best clinic for the procedures I wanted (Facial Contouring Surgery).
I started looking at different clinics before and after pictures, before and after stories on the clinic’s website, YouTube videos, and checking out their Instagram. Braun really stood out to me especially for the procedure I wanted, they seemed the most natural, honest with no beauty filter afterwards especially for the before and after selfies where people were talking about their experience, and it was the exact change I was looking for. I also hadn’t heard anything bad about the clinic for the procedure I wanted.
So, after narrowing my options to Braun, I decided to message them on What’s App. The woman who messaged me back Jenny was so nice and helpful, she always answered my questions quite quickly which made me feel instantly comfortable. After answering my questions, I decided to book a consultation with them.

Consultation:

The Clinic was very nice, clean, the staff members were always all so professionally dressed and super nice. When I arrived, there were some people waiting for their consultation, but despite that the waiting time was much shorter than I expected I had my consultation in December which is considered quite busy so, I was expecting a long waiting time but nope everything went so quick.
First, I was given a form to fill out, then I had my CT scan and blood taken. Afterwards I was taken to the consultation room where I waited for the Doctor that was going to carry out my surgery.
When the Doctor arrived, I explained to him that my cheekbones and Jawline were the main areas that I wanted to change, I wanted a slimmer face outline that looked very natural. Jenny listened carefully and translated all my concerns to the Doctor, who instantly understood what I wanted. After the consultation I was comfortable enough to have the surgery for the next day!
After the consultation, Jenny even took me to a store and showed me what to buy as I would be eating soft foods for 1-2 weeks, that was so nice of her, she was always so helpful, answered all my questions and never left my side, which made my whole experience better.

A few hours after surgery:

I felt quite nauseas and weak, I slept for most of the time, the nurses came in to check on me so many times which was very comforting, they also gave me a push button in case I needed anything. I stayed for the night at the hospital as they wanted me to monitor me.

Post OP Day 1:

Around 11am the next day I went back to my hotel, but before that Jenny gave me instructions, on how to gargle, my medications, food intake etc. it was very helpful. I went back to the Hotel and rested but I made sure that I followed all the instructions such as eating before any medication, gargling after eating and drinking, and trying to move around for 30 min a day. I feel like this helped with my swelling as it wasn’t too noticeable at all.

Post OP Day 2:

I went back to the clinic the next day where I had de-swelling treatment, hair wash and my head cast changed (the one I was given the day of the surgery) for a compression band. The de-swelling treatment and hair wash was very relaxing. I came back to my hotel and continued following the instructions given by Jenny and the hospital staff.

Post OP Day 3:

Even though, Day 3 post op is said to be the day people experience the most swelling, my face was not too badly swollen due to the instructions I have been following. I highly recommend following all the instructions, especially walking for 30 min everyday as I feel like this is what helped me the most. I have been wearing my compression band for 8 hours a day and using the icepacks the hospital gave me.

POST OP Day 4-7:

I am currently on Day 7 post op I have been following all the instructions and have even been going to out to explore South Korea every day a little bit. Everything has been going very well so far. I went back to the clinic where the nurses checked my stitches and where I received 2 different types of de-swelling treatment which really helped with decreasing my swelling. I will be going back to the Hospital soon for another check-up, I will update as I progress through my recovery.

Thank you for sharing. I'm looking into clinics in SK for facial contouring atm (jaw and cheekbone reduction). Could you share the quote you got from Braun?
Heyy, the best way to get an accurate quote is to contact Braun directly. Jenny the English translator is very helpful and a quick replier, she’ll give you a quote based on your situation :smile:

It's already been 1 month since I had my facial contouring surgery (zygoma reduction, V-line surgery). So far, I am happy with my surgery results I still have swelling, especially on the lower parts of my face but it’s going down day by day. Also, I had numbness around my chin and cheekbones after the surgery, but I am slowly gaining feeling again. I can definitely see that my overall face size has become a lot smaller than before which I am very pleased with. So far, I am very happy with my results and hope to see more improvement.

Glad you’re recovering well! If you don’t mind me asking are you able to go about your daily life yet without people suspecting or is it still quite noticeably swollen? Also would you mind sharing the doctor’s name?