My plastic surgery adventure in Korea

Revoler

Jul 6, 2014
Hello everyone, I have been a lurker on this forum for a very long time and have used it to gather the experience I needed to do my plastic surgery in korea, so I thought I would share my own experience to maybe help someone else.

I have always been self-conscious about my looks, my biggest worry have been that I looked angry or mad when my facial expression is relaxed. My brows were sagging, I had a roman nose and my lips were big but sagging, so it was not very attractive. I did not feel that my personality fitted how I looked physically. I did not necessarily want to look like the standard form of beauty, I just wanted a kind expression.

2012:

My very first surgery was with JW, I did a rhinoplasty and an eyelid operation to collect my trifolds into one. I knew that I wanted to have surgery at JW because a friend of mine had great results there and I really connected with the doctor, he is so nice and really listened to all my questions, there are plenty of locals in the waiting area and the staff is very kind and sweet.

I did wake up during the eyelid surgery, he told me to open and close my eye to make sure that he did not remove too much skin. Dr. Suh used only my own cartilage for the surgery. It was a big point for me to not use silicone or implants because I knew the complications that comes with that.

I was very happy with the clinic and the result turned out great. JW is in the mid range when in comes to prices, but when it comes to your face, pick the clinic you like regardless of the prices and then try to bargain to get it cheaper. Usually if you just ask you can get a quite good discount.

The result still looks great after two years

2013:

I went back to korea to do a V-line. I had a very wide jaw and it dominated my face. I consulted a few clinics. ID was ridiculous, I completely agree with everyone saying that this is a scam. It seems like their image is falling apart, its a common fact that they are big on the doctor switch there.

I decided to do it at JW because of my last experience there. Today I might would have gone with another clinic that specializes in bones, but the surgery went fine. I will warn people about this though. It might have been the hardest experience of my life. The post op is so uncomfertable and you just look at yourself and think: "why did I do this to myself?". It took me 1 week till I could eat normally, 2 weeks before I could speak sentences and 1 month to look allright. Be prepared if you want to do a jaw surgery, I don´t think I would have done it again, and if I did, I would have made sure to have a good support system.

I was also very concerned with a doctor swap at this point so they set up a camera during the surgery so I could watch it after and see that the doctor I was consulting was the one doing the surgery.

2014:

This year I went back to Korea again, I wanted a couple of things done:
fat graft
lip argumentation
eyebrow lift

At this point I am also dealing with the fact that with plastic surgery you have to stop at one point, there is that time where you just have to say: I am not perfect, but this is an improvement and I can live with this. Also I think sometimes we think that "it´s just a small change" but the surgery is actually pretty invasive and the recovery time takes a lot longer than what you would have expected.

I consulted a few clinics for my surgery:

JK: Very pretty facility and kind staff, they showed me around the building, the recovery room, the surgery rooms, but the doctor was very young and did not seem experienced.

The Line: This clinic was very beautiful, but they seemed very unserious to me. They asked for "my budget" instead of quoting me and told me that the surgery had to be done tomorrow, that there was no other days avaliable. When I told them that I could not have surgery the next day, they said well..they might have an opening on thursday, and I knew that I would not chose this clinic by now, so just to be a little cheeky, I told them that thursday was also not a good fit, but what about friday? and they sure could fit me in there as well. Not to mention that there were no other people waiting in the waiting room area.

Dream: I liked this clinic, nice staff, many locals, but the doctor was not a good fit, he was actually pretty rude, told me that I needed this and this done, so I ended up not going here.

Aone: Aone is located pretty far away from all the other clinics, it takes about one hour and a half with the subway to get there. The doctor is very polite and kind and speaks good english. I know there are some users here that have been happy with his procedures and some that are not satisfyed, but at the time I was there about 10 people stayed over night. I got to meet some patiens before I decided wether to do the brow lift and lip argumentation and all of them looked so good, therefor I decided to book with Aone.

The staff was allright, the english translator is so sweet, I really liked her, but the nurses did not know how to speak english which was somewhat of a problem. The surgery went allright. I told him that I did not want my brows that much elevated and he just did his own thing, which really frusterated me and I had to ask him the day after to lower them a little. Now they look great, but he should have listnened to me in the first place. The lip work looks great, I really love the result, such a big difference.

Petangui: I did my fat graft with Petangui because a friend had done hers there and she looks awesome. The clinic is beautiful, the nurses are the nicest ones I´ve ever come across and the doctor is pretty good with what he does. I did not like the fact that I waked up before he was finished, that was kinda creepy, even if I could not feel anything. The recovery room is also not that great.

There you have it, my full plastic surgery adventure in Korea. Honestly it is such a scary thing, I traveled alone all the times and it is not fun. The recovery is so tough and I´ve cried and had really dark thoughts and it´s been painfull. In the end I am happy with the results, but it has been such a hard ride and I am ready to jump off because I know this is the time to stop, I am happy that I´ve done it, but I´m not sure if I would have gone through this again.

Before/after:
postimg.org/image/v6zarayh1/

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have been a lurker on this forum for a very long time and have used it to gather the experience I needed to do my plastic surgery in korea, so I thought I would share my own experience to maybe help someone else.

I have always been self-conscious about my looks, my biggest worry have been that I looked angry or mad when my facial expression is relaxed. My brows were sagging, I had a roman nose and my lips were big but sagging, so it was not very attractive. I did not feel that my personality fitted how I looked physically. I did not necessarily want to look like the standard form of beauty, I just wanted a kind expression.

2012:

My very first surgery was with JW, I did a rhinoplasty and an eyelid operation to collect my trifolds into one. I knew that I wanted to have surgery at JW because a friend of mine had great results there and I really connected with the doctor, he is so nice and really listened to all my questions, there are plenty of locals in the waiting area and the staff is very kind and sweet.

I did wake up during the eyelid surgery, he told me to open and close my eye to make sure that he did not remove too much skin. Dr. Suh used only my own cartilage for the surgery. It was a big point for me to not use silicone or implants because I knew the complications that comes with that.

I was very happy with the clinic and the result turned out great. JW is in the mid range when in comes to prices, but when it comes to your face, pick the clinic you like regardless of the prices and then try to bargain to get it cheaper. Usually if you just ask you can get a quite good discount.

The result still looks great after two years

2013:

I went back to korea to do a V-line. I had a very wide jaw and it dominated my face. I consulted a few clinics. ID was ridiculous, I completely agree with everyone saying that this is a scam. It seems like their image is falling apart, its a common fact that they are big on the doctor switch there.

I decided to do it at JW because of my last experience there. Today I might would have gone with another clinic that specializes in bones, but the surgery went fine. I will warn people about this though. It might have been the hardest experience of my life. The post op is so uncomfertable and you just look at yourself and think: "why did I do this to myself?". It took me 1 week till I could eat normally, 2 weeks before I could speak sentences and 1 month to look allright. Be prepared if you want to do a jaw surgery, I don´t think I would have done it again, and if I did, I would have made sure to have a good support system.

I was also very concerned with a doctor swap at this point so they set up a camera during the surgery so I could watch it after and see that the doctor I was consulting was the one doing the surgery.

2014:

This year I went back to Korea again, I wanted a couple of things done:
fat graft
lip argumentation
eyebrow lift

At this point I am also dealing with the fact that with plastic surgery you have to stop at one point, there is that time where you just have to say: I am not perfect, but this is an improvement and I can live with this. Also I think sometimes we think that "it´s just a small change" but the surgery is actually pretty invasive and the recovery time takes a lot longer than what you would have expected.

I consulted a few clinics for my surgery:

JK: Very pretty facility and kind staff, they showed me around the building, the recovery room, the surgery rooms, but the doctor was very young and did not seem experienced.

The Line: This clinic was very beautiful, but they seemed very unserious to me. They asked for "my budget" instead of quoting me and told me that the surgery had to be done tomorrow, that there was no other days avaliable. When I told them that I could not have surgery the next day, they said well..they might have an opening on thursday, and I knew that I would not chose this clinic by now, so just to be a little cheeky, I told them that thursday was also not a good fit, but what about friday? and they sure could fit me in there as well. Not to mention that there were no other people waiting in the waiting room area.

Dream: I liked this clinic, nice staff, many locals, but the doctor was not a good fit, he was actually pretty rude, told me that I needed this and this done, so I ended up not going here.

Aone: Aone is located pretty far away from all the other clinics, it takes about one hour and a half with the subway to get there. The doctor is very polite and kind and speaks good english. I know there are some users here that have been happy with his procedures and some that are not satisfyed, but at the time I was there about 10 people stayed over night. I got to meet some patiens before I decided wether to do the brow lift and lip argumentation and all of them looked so good, therefor I decided to book with Aone.

The staff was allright, the english translator is so sweet, I really liked her, but the nurses did not know how to speak english which was somewhat of a problem. The surgery went allright. I told him that I did not want my brows that much elevated and he just did his own thing, which really frusterated me and I had to ask him the day after to lower them a little. Now they look great, but he should have listnened to me in the first place. The lip work looks great, I really love the result, such a big difference.

Petangui: I did my fat graft with Petangui because a friend had done hers there and she looks awesome. The clinic is beautiful, the nurses are the nicest ones I´ve ever come across and the doctor is pretty good with what he does. I did not like the fact that I waked up before he was finished, that was kinda creepy, even if I could not feel anything. The recovery room is also not that great.

There you have it, my full plastic surgery adventure in Korea. Honestly it is such a scary thing, I traveled alone all the times and it is not fun. The recovery is so tough and I´ve cried and had really dark thoughts and it´s been painfull. In the end I am happy with the results, but it has been such a hard ride and I am ready to jump off because I know this is the time to stop, I am happy that I´ve done it, but I´m not sure if I would have gone through this again.

Before/after:
postimg.org/image/v6zarayh1/
Thanks so much for sharing. Will you need to go back in for maintenance at any point?

Thanks for sharing, if you don't mind I'd like to ask if you've had any complications with your rhino done at JW till presently. It's been 2 years? and it doesn't it seem like you have which is great for you and would be pleasing to know for myself & others as well!

Thanks guys, i will go back to petangui for check up, but other than that, I'm good (-:

I have no complications with JW

I paid 5000 usd for the v-line, but i got a discount because of my friend and because it was "off season"

Hey how was your time after the surgery? I heard anesthesia can cause long term memory problems , do you find yourself facing any of these issues? I'm planning on a two jaw surgery and honestly its quite frightening because there are studies done where anesthesia even in a controlled amount causes memory damage