My Pinky Toes =(

Louboulove

Aug 7, 2013
So, Im almost 30 and I have only been heavily wearing heels for about the last 7 years. I am in no way ready to give up wearing heels, especially since I just started my Louboutin Collection last year.

I have absolutely no issues wearing heels as far as feet being sore or cramping. I have a great arch in my foot and I can wear heels a lot longer than I can flats, in those regards.

HOWEVER, the last 2 years or so, my pinky toes (especially my left pinky toe) have been giving me horrible issues. Everything about a shoe could be so comfy but my pinky toes do not like the pressure of being in heels. Its getting to the point where I dont know how much longer I can wear heels for. Its an excruciating pain sometimes and its only my pinky toes that cause it. Its not blisters or corns, its just a terrible sharp pressure that starts after a little bit of wearing shoes.

I feel like this is the dumbest thing to vent about on here, Im sure all of us deal with some sort of pain when we wear our beautiful shoes and I know sometimes beauty is pain but Ive literally been thinking about cosmetic surgery or something, if there is such a thing that can be done.

I suppose Im wondering if there is anyone who can relate to what Im talking about? Also, have you heard of people ''shaving'' their toes down? Lol Im not even kidding, Ive joked about just cutting my pinky toes off but I dont actually want to do that Lol I just bought New Simple Pump 120, in patent black and I wore them today to work and they are SO comfy and easy to walk in BUT after about 1/2 hour, my pinky toes were acting up. Its so sad because other than those stupid toes, I could walk all day in these shoes.

Sorry to vent but there is literally nobody else who shares the same passion in shoes that I have, nobody really that wears shoes enough to understand what Im dealing with Lol

I really feel sorry since I can relate, I don't have the pinky problem but my pitch wont let me wear anything higher than 4" (my calfs start to cramp and I am unable walk or even stand on my feet). If sucks not to be able to wear pretty shoes because of the way your anatomy is shaped :pout:

I would suggest trying professional wooden stretchers with special add-ons. You can clip them to the problematic areas so they would simulate shape of your foot and will stretch the shoe in the right place. Also some stretchening lotion will help to speed up the process.

In future, try to pick suede, jazz and calf leather since they are not as stiff as patent. Patent is a real monster for me personally in CLs.

Good luck!

I can absolutely relate to this problem and have also made jokes about wanting to shave off my pinky toes. What I have started to do is only wear the same 3 or 4 shoes which are completely broken in for work (and as such they don't cause me too much pain) and then wear all my other shoes when I'm going out which means I won't necessarily be in them for 8-10 hours. I also wear flats for my commute and put my heels on when I get to work - in fact I keep my usual 3 or 4 pairs there.

I really wish I had a better solution but unfortunately I don't. I find that even flat shoes cause me pain in the same area so it is definitely not due to me wearing heels all the time.

Hope you find a solution - I will be keeping an eye on this page.

So, Im almost 30 and I have only been heavily wearing heels for about the last 7 years. I am in no way ready to give up wearing heels, especially since I just started my Louboutin Collection last year.

I have absolutely no issues wearing heels as far as feet being sore or cramping. I have a great arch in my foot and I can wear heels a lot longer than I can flats, in those regards.

HOWEVER, the last 2 years or so, my pinky toes (especially my left pinky toe) have been giving me horrible issues. Everything about a shoe could be so comfy but my pinky toes do not like the pressure of being in heels. Its getting to the point where I dont know how much longer I can wear heels for. Its an excruciating pain sometimes and its only my pinky toes that cause it. Its not blisters or corns, its just a terrible sharp pressure that starts after a little bit of wearing shoes.

I feel like this is the dumbest thing to vent about on here, Im sure all of us deal with some sort of pain when we wear our beautiful shoes and I know sometimes beauty is pain but Ive literally been thinking about cosmetic surgery or something, if there is such a thing that can be done.

I suppose Im wondering if there is anyone who can relate to what Im talking about? Also, have you heard of people ''shaving'' their toes down? Lol Im not even kidding, Ive joked about just cutting my pinky toes off but I dont actually want to do that Lol I just bought New Simple Pump 120, in patent black and I wore them today to work and they are SO comfy and easy to walk in BUT after about 1/2 hour, my pinky toes were acting up. Its so sad because other than those stupid toes, I could walk all day in these shoes.

Sorry to vent but there is literally nobody else who shares the same passion in shoes that I have, nobody really that wears shoes enough to understand what Im dealing with Lol
I have wide feet (partially due to my lovely pinky toes) and initially thought I wouldn't be able to wear my patent CL mary janes, but I had read in one of the threads to wear them around the house with socks and that they would eventually stretch out in the toe box. I did that for about 4 months before I wore them out, and now I can wear them without a problem.

Have you tried wrapping your pinky toes with moleskin adhesive? We used to that with toe shoes in ballet. It works, although you wouldn't be able to do it with open-toed shoes. You can find it with all of the other foot care stuff at the drugstore.

I have wide feet (partially due to my lovely pinky toes) and initially thought I wouldn't be able to wear my patent CL mary janes, but I had read in one of the threads to wear them around the house with socks and that they would eventually stretch out in the toe box. I did that for about 4 months before I wore them out, and now I can wear them without a problem.

Have you tried wrapping your pinky toes with moleskin adhesive? We used to that with toe shoes in ballet. It works, although you wouldn't be able to do it with open-toed shoes. You can find it with all of the other foot care stuff at the drugstore.

I also wear socks with my shoes to stretch them because I have really wide feet!

I usually wear them around the house or lay in bed with them lol!

Yes, I can relate to everything you said. My right foot seems to be slightly larger then my left, and my middle-toe has developed a "hotspot" on the middle knuckle. It's a SORE, and it only went away when I .. QUIT WEARING CL 5" HEELS!!! I.e., I let my foot "heal".

Rule #1:
If your feet are HURTING, take them off IMMEDIATELY! Get into comfy shoes (like sneakers)

I'm in my 50's, I've got a bit of "hammer toe" on all my toes. I've never worn 5" heels religiously to work, it's mostly worn around the house. And, special occasions at night. I've got a tiny bit of a bunion thing (toes point inward, with a slight bulge at the knuckle). I have an aversion to "foot damage" (bunions), so I limit my wearings.

I STILL do not know how Stilly (and probably yourself) manage to wear 5" heels on a daily basis. I recently tried an evening out in my Love Me 120. After about an hour, it became painful..I was "dragging". It's getting to the point of

"been there..DONE THAT"

I might be losing the passion to do 5" heels. Although, I still LOVE to look at them. I was on a "ban", nothing bought other than my hard-core attachment to Pigalle 120 (before it got wrecked starting in Spring-Summer 2014), and similar styles like Love Me 120.

I finally broke-down due to Stilly's AMAZING exposition of So Kate, the exquisite photography (great nature backgrounds) & great outfits. I got a few So Kate (black-patent, black-suede, purple-suede), some Pigalle Follies (Pigalle 120 short-toe mated with So Kate ultra-thin heel..black-kid, black-suede, red-patent). I was going to pass on the Hot Chick, but I caved-in, got a couple. 1 of them will probably have to be sold, it's not a good fit (too tight).

Yes, just rest your feet. Tight fitting 5" pumps are a definite no-no. I buy them so they're slightly loose "above being snug". Even stretched out, they will fit fine without feet slipping out. They feel like bedroom slippers, very comfy "slide in fit".

Please post pics, so we can check out your situation.

Yeah, I've gotten this sort of pain in my pinky toe, but rather than hurting each time I wear my CLs, it's only on occasion, like if I'd already been doing a lot of standing or walking in flat shoes at work. If I've been off my feet for most of the day or it's cold and my feel aren't swollen, I don't get the same amount of pain. There's something about the pressure or the cut (esp Pigalle 120s) that hits me in the wrong place.

I already have a pre-disposition to bunions (they run in my family) and am developing a very painful one on my right side (oddly, it became worse when I fell while wearing flats- it's like something in my toe just shifted when I landed and has been visibly bigger ever since so just about any shoe except Toms, LL Bean duck boots and Lanvin flats hurt), so I am trying to prevent making my bunion worse and stopping the pinky issue in its tracks.

I'm a schmuck and keep trying to wear the stupid shoes though! I don't wear them without a slick of vaseline on my toes and a hot blast from the hairdryer to soften things up. The shoes that give me the least trouble are pigalle 100s, foxtrots and Iriza 100s because all have a pretty forgiving toebox.

Yeah, I've gotten this sort of pain in my pinky toe, but rather than hurting each time I wear my CLs, it's only on occasion, like if I'd already been doing a lot of standing or walking in flat shoes at work. If I've been off my feet for most of the day or it's cold and my feel aren't swollen, I don't get the same amount of pain. There's something about the pressure or the cut (esp Pigalle 120s) that hits me in the wrong place.

I already have a pre-disposition to bunions (they run in my family) and am developing a very painful one on my right side (oddly, it became worse when I fell while wearing flats- it's like something in my toe just shifted when I landed and has been visibly bigger ever since so just about any shoe except Toms, LL Bean duck boots and Lanvin flats hurt), so I am trying to prevent making my bunion worse and stopping the pinky issue in its tracks.

I'm a schmuck and keep trying to wear the stupid shoes though! I don't wear them without a slick of vaseline on my toes and a hot blast from the hairdryer to soften things up. The shoes that give me the least trouble are pigalle 100s, foxtrots and Iriza 100s because all have a pretty forgiving toebox.

I began to get a serious "wedge" on my right foot..a bunion. Due to squeezing into a .5 size under my TTS Pigalle Follies 120 red-patent. Instead of using my (poor) feet to do the stretching, I got a wooden shoe-stretcher used with some leather-conditioner. Also, tried the hair-dryer and vaseline trick..followed by quick wearing. Stretches out the toe-box area. My Pigalle Follies red-patent seem to be less tight, they are getting better..

Interesting thing, I immediately quit wearing the red-patent PF 120. I went barefoot around the house, and while lounging around (computer work & watching TV)..I used my fingers to "bend back" my right toe. Interestingly, the wedgy bunion began to DISAPPEAR!!

Just recently, I got the Hot Chick 130mm heel. Unfortunately, it was like the red-patent PF 120 .. 1/2 size too small. Tight toe-box. Sure enough, my right foot has a more pronounced wedgy bunion. I got a second Hot Chick .5 size bigger...WAY BETTER! However, the stiff black-patent plus "breaking them in" has once again given me a higher-than-normal right bunion. UGH!

Once again, I'm backing off wearing these brand-new TIGHT shoes. I'm back to my broken-in Love Me 120 (black-patent and black-sparkle), way more comfy ("loose fit" rocks)

As I'm typing now, I'm pulling my right toe *outwards* trying to physically correct for the wedgy bunion. More pronounced on my right foot, than my left foot.

I began to get a serious "wedge" on my right foot..a bunion. Due to squeezing into a .5 size under my TTS Pigalle Follies 120 red-patent. Instead of using my (poor) feet to do the stretching, I got a wooden shoe-stretcher used with some leather-conditioner. Also, tried the hair-dryer and vaseline trick..followed by quick wearing. Stretches out the toe-box area. My Pigalle Follies red-patent seem to be less tight, they are getting better..

Interesting thing, I immediately quit wearing the red-patent PF 120. I went barefoot around the house, and while lounging around (computer work & watching TV)..I used my fingers to "bend back" my right toe. Interestingly, the wedgy bunion began to DISAPPEAR!!

Just recently, I got the Hot Chick 130mm heel. Unfortunately, it was like the red-patent PF 120 .. 1/2 size too small. Tight toe-box. Sure enough, my right foot has a more pronounced wedgy bunion. I got a second Hot Chick .5 size bigger...WAY BETTER! However, the stiff black-patent plus "breaking them in" has once again given me a higher-than-normal right bunion. UGH!

Once again, I'm backing off wearing these brand-new TIGHT shoes. I'm back to my broken-in Love Me 120 (black-patent and black-sparkle), way more comfy ("loose fit" rocks)

As I'm typing now, I'm pulling my right toe *outwards* trying to physically correct for the wedgy bunion. More pronounced on my right foot, than my left foot.
I also find that 'pulling' my big toe helps to make things feel re-aligned. Another thing I've found that works to loosen some tension in my foot is to massage the soft area between my inner ankle and the top of the side of my heel. It's the triangular area that leads into the back of my arch. That seems to make my foot less achey, and it works on the opposite side as well.

Seriously? Cutting off your pinky toes?! I can't believe there's someone else, who has thought about that, too! Haha! Well, I know what kind of pain you are talking about, but I don't wear my shoes often enough to actually go ahead an do that. However, I found a somewhat solution to the problem: get a bigger size. Seriously. If lenghtwise I'd be perfectly fine with CL size 38.5, my pinky toes make me go for a 39. It works. Really! If it's too long you can always get those little pads for your heels, but the toebox is significantly wider when you go up just a half size. Hope this helps at least a little. Good luck!

Yes, I can relate to everything you said. My right foot seems to be slightly larger then my left, and my middle-toe has developed a "hotspot" on the middle knuckle. It's a SORE, and it only went away when I .. QUIT WEARING CL 5" HEELS!!! I.e., I let my foot "heal".

Rule #1:
If your feet are HURTING, take them off IMMEDIATELY! Get into comfy shoes (like sneakers)

I'm in my 50's, I've got a bit of "hammer toe" on all my toes. I've never worn 5" heels religiously to work, it's mostly worn around the house. And, special occasions at night. I've got a tiny bit of a bunion thing (toes point inward, with a slight bulge at the knuckle). I have an aversion to "foot damage" (bunions), so I limit my wearings.

I STILL do not know how Stilly (and probably yourself) manage to wear 5" heels on a daily basis. I recently tried an evening out in my Love Me 120. After about an hour, it became painful..I was "dragging". It's getting to the point of

"been there..DONE THAT"

I might be losing the passion to do 5" heels. Although, I still LOVE to look at them. I was on a "ban", nothing bought other than my hard-core attachment to Pigalle 120 (before it got wrecked starting in Spring-Summer 2014), and similar styles like Love Me 120.

I finally broke-down due to Stilly's AMAZING exposition of So Kate, the exquisite photography (great nature backgrounds) & great outfits. I got a few So Kate (black-patent, black-suede, purple-suede), some Pigalle Follies (Pigalle 120 short-toe mated with So Kate ultra-thin heel..black-kid, black-suede, red-patent). I was going to pass on the Hot Chick, but I caved-in, got a couple. 1 of them will probably have to be sold, it's not a good fit (too tight).

Yes, just rest your feet. Tight fitting 5" pumps are a definite no-no. I buy them so they're slightly loose "above being snug". Even stretched out, they will fit fine without feet slipping out. They feel like bedroom slippers, very comfy "slide in fit".

Please post pics, so we can check out your situation.

I'm not immune either gigs as both my pinky toes have hard callouses from wearing CL's too much. The callouses are so hard I actually file them down with an emery board to relieve the pain...

Hi Lola,

Yeah we do keep wearing the gorgeous heels even when they cause us pain hey! Interesting that your experience is that Iriza is better? better than which other styles? Pigalle 120s and So Kates can be killers for a long wearing. I guess it is the pointy toe of So Kate that maximises the pinky pain?

Louise x

Sorry OP I don't have more to add other than stopping wearing heels or stretching them out professionally, as mentioned.

I do share your pain though- maybe not so excruciating but also painful. It seems like I'm developing a corn on my left pinky toe as my left foot is slightly bigger than right and some of my shoes are a little tight on left. Anyone with good advice on dealing with corns? Mine is small so I couldn't trim it. Tried the solution sold at the drugstore to burn it out a little - didn't really help.

Tia!!!