My ping-pong game is back (help!)

roomommy

O.G.
May 14, 2008
As tad knows, several weeks ago I REALLY wanted a Memphis bag and debated between the boutique Robert Katy versus finding a sale Jennifer, going back and forth, back and forth (bet you all can relate). Then we found out the Memphis line wasn't supposed to go on sale (but I guess that's changed, huh? BTW, MJ is included in Saks f&f next week), so I decided to go ahead and pay full price for the Katy.
But before I ordered it, the Bloomies Private Sale appeared and I actually was able to get a super deal on the Jennifer via an excellent Nordstrom's pricematch. So I figured it was all settled (but is it ever??).

THEN tad inadvertently showed a modeling pic of the Katy in her thread today (another one is below) and I fell in love all over again. I just love the crossbody style--it's more laid back than the Jennifer. And the exquisite Memphis leather in a small pouch that still holds a wallet, to me is perfect.

If the Katy came in beige, I'd have no dilemma and I'd get both. But the Katy only comes in Black, Brown, and White. I only like the black, but the Jennifer I got is also black.

I think I am going to order the Katy after all, and wait until they are side by side to compare and make up my mind (if such a thing is possible). Either I keep both (but they are the same color and sort of similar in size), or return the Jennifer (but it was such a great deal!!), or return the Katy for store credit.

Anyone else as crazily indecisive as I am? What would you do? Would it be really redundant to have both? The shapes are pretty different.

Other considerations: I didn't see a crossbody pouch like the Katy in the fall collection (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but there are some new bigger Memphis bags that could replace the Jennifer for me. However, no one knows at this point how much the Fall Memphis bags will be and which ones will be only at the boutique (and hence won't go on sale). I wouldn't pay full price for a Jennifer and am unlikely to get such a good price again.

Attachments

• 090920082211408596_runway.jpg
    090920082211408596_runway.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 95
here's a larger pic that roo posted.

090920082211408596_runway.jpg

i really like the katy. the robert jennifer is beautiful. i love the chain, but the longer strap on the katy, debbie, mika bags really make it easy and comfortable to use. when i'm carrying the debbie, it feels like i don't even have a bag on me, which as much as i love purses, is a liberating feeling. it's too bad the katy doesn't come in more colors, but the mika is available in beige. have you thought about getting that one? or do you not like the fact that it's n/s?

prices for the fall memphis bags are likely to hold steady, roo. many of them shouldn't breach the $2k mark.

Hmm. So I wouldn't feel so bad if I ended up letting go of the Jennifer then.

designers are being pressured by all retailers to lower their price points. i'm sure mj is cognizant of this as they're determining the prices for the fall bags. the economy won't be getting better that quickly come august/september, i know that for sure.

heh, roo...i gotta say...the n/s thing isn't very me either...i was hoping it would be priced lower. i prefer robert debbie ALL THE WAY at that price (which is completely out of my range :P).

anyhoooooo, i have to say that it sounds like you kinda have sale goggles for the jennifer and you really luuuuurve the katy. the smaller memphis bags are simply GORGEOUS. i like that they pack a good fashionable punch even though they're little.

i would say get the katy and compare side by side. no harm there, right? maybe the decision will be clear(er).

It's not the best pic in the world of this color. I guess I don't really like the white background, although I like the woven colors.

Hmm, I can't seem to download it or copy the link.

Well, again it's not the best pic anyway.

She sent it to me via her blackberry.
Anyone know how I can get this pic to download? When I try to save it, even though I pick JPEG, it saves as a bunch of code, and not a JPEG file.