My Pet Peeve...the word "Amazing"!

lovehermes

O.G.
Apr 28, 2006
I don't know what's going on lately but on television, radio, restaurants, stores whathaveyou I seem to be hearing the word "Amazing" a lot...have you? :confused1: It's starting to drive me amazingly crazy!! :rant:

ooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!
Havent noticed that word...LOL.except I do ADORE watching the AMAZING RACE!!.
I personally use the word DUDE alot just to annoy PHH...ROFL...the evil side of me cant stop.

Are you kidding?! I thought I was the only one who noticed this. I'd been noticing everyone around me saying "amazing" also. I mentioned this to my friend a month ago and she said, "Really? Actually, I do say that a lot!"

Yes, I have noticed celebs use the adjective "amazing" to describe just about everything! what's it like working with XXXX? "Amazing!" how was it shooting in Afghanistan? "It was amazing, the people there are so amazing!" how's your coffee? "Amazing!"

tis truly the new buzzword.

ok....murasaki and mademefifi....isn't it Amazing that we've noticed this new buzzword. I was at the jewelry store and the clerk kept saying the word "amazing" and it drove me away to say "good-bye".

Hmm...I use amazing sometimes......like when someone really helps me out..like they go out of their way to do so, I'll say thank you, you were amazing....
I wonder if that annoys them?

Hmm...I use amazing sometimes......like when someone really helps me out..like they go out of their way to do so, I'll say thank you, you were amazing....
I wonder if that annoys them?

lol I wouldn't worry about it!!

There are much bigger things to stress over than the word "amazing"...and if someone gets annoyed by you telling them they were amazing....then I suppose they're not really that amazing afterall!!

;)

lol I wouldn't worry about it!!

There are much bigger things to stress over than the word "amazing"...and if someone gets annoyed by you telling them they were amazing....then I suppose they're not really that amazing afterall!!

;)

Please forgive...the word "amazing" in itself doesn't bother me...it's just that it's so overdone especially on "The View" and shows like that. :shrugs: