My Pet Peeve...the word "Amazing"!

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
ooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!
Havent noticed that word...LOL.except I do ADORE watching the AMAZING RACE!!.
I personally use the word DUDE alot just to annoy PHH...ROFL...the evil side of me cant stop.

murasaki

Balenciaga Forever
Jan 7, 2006
Are you kidding?! I thought I was the only one who noticed this. I'd been noticing everyone around me saying "amazing" also. I mentioned this to my friend a month ago and she said, "Really? Actually, I do say that a lot!"

madamefifi

cat hoarder
O.G.
Aug 23, 2006
Yes, I have noticed celebs use the adjective "amazing" to describe just about everything! what's it like working with XXXX? "Amazing!" how was it shooting in Afghanistan? "It was amazing, the people there are so amazing!" how's your coffee? "Amazing!"

tis truly the new buzzword.

Kimm992

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Hmm...I use amazing sometimes......like when someone really helps me out..like they go out of their way to do so, I'll say thank you, you were amazing....
I wonder if that annoys them?

lol I wouldn't worry about it!!

There are much bigger things to stress over than the word "amazing"...and if someone gets annoyed by you telling them they were amazing....then I suppose they're not really that amazing afterall!!

;)

lovehermes

O.G.
Apr 28, 2006
lol I wouldn't worry about it!!

There are much bigger things to stress over than the word "amazing"...and if someone gets annoyed by you telling them they were amazing....then I suppose they're not really that amazing afterall!!

;)

Please forgive...the word "amazing" in itself doesn't bother me...it's just that it's so overdone especially on "The View" and shows like that. :shrugs: