My Pet Passed Away

baglady

R.I.P. 1992-2006
O.G.
Dec 1, 2005
This morning my four-legged son (my beloved Yorkie in the avatar) passed away from natural causes at the age of 14.

As you may imagine, I am really overwhelmed with all kinds of emotions. :sad2: Fortunately, I have the love and support of family to get me through this difficult time. Even though I am not part of a religion and you might be, please feel free to share your experience or advice on coping with the loss of a loved one.

Thank you.

Baglady~
I, myself, do not have a pet to cherish. However, my heart goes out to you for your loss. I am terribly sorry. I couldn't possibly know how you feel but I wish the best for you and your family.

Sorry about your sweet pup. Losing a pet is a very emotional time, glad that you have family and friends with you. All the best. Mwuh, Mwuh.

:sad: I am soooo sorry.... Losing a pet is a horrible thing. I love animals so much, I have three sweet birds, and a yard full of birds and squirrels and other critters. Hopefully when you're ready you can bring home a new friend, there are so many beautiful animals out there needing good homes.

I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved family member. I am an animal lover too and consider all my pets part of my family. I have two Pomeranians and three parrots. Before getting my two Poms I had another Pom, Ginger. She became very ill with cancer and was suffering in the hospital. The doctors told me it was time to let her go. It was a very painful time. I feel your pain. I still keep pics of her around to remind me of her. Me and my husband from time to time will talk about her and remember all the funny and lovable things she used to do. I'm sure you gave your beloved Yorkie a wonderful life. Take comfort in knowing that. I'm here if you need me.

I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved family member. I am an animal lover too and consider all my pets part of my family. I have two Pomeranians and three parrots. Before getting my two Poms I had another Pom, Ginger. She became very ill with cancer and was suffering in the hospital. The doctors told me it was time to let her go. It was a very painful time. I feel your pain. I still keep pics of her around to remind me of her. Me and my husband from time to time will talk about her and remember all the funny and lovable things she used to do. I'm sure you gave your beloved Yorkie a wonderful life. Take comfort in knowing that. I'm here if you need me.

I am so sorry. I know how hard it is, as i lost a pet (my cocker spaniel/ terrier mix -Nikki) a year and a half ago. She was the sweetest little girl in the world. I wish you all the best. Try to keep your chin up. *hugs*

I'm so sorry. I have a yorkie,too. I used to have a cockerspaniel that died a few years ago. He was so sweet, but with time I felt better. Just give yourself time to cope with it.

Baglady, I am so sorry for your loss! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Lots of *hugs* to you. Pets can be better companions than people sometimes :amuse: Even though it's hard right now, try to think about all the joy that your dog brought you, and how you were able to care for him for 14 years! That's a long time :biggrin:

Last year I lost my cat, Princess. She was 12 years old, my mom had adopted her for us when my parents divorced. Her health had been deteriorating, and one morning she had a heart attack and passed away. My mom found her by her food and litterbox. We were devastated. She was a part of our family, even though I had moved out 5 years earlier. Her death definitely left a void at my mom's house, but we were glad that we were able to adopt her and give her a happy, loving home.

I know how you feel! I'm so sorry :sad: If you need to talk, you can PM me :biggrin:

i'm sooo sorry, i can't even imagine what you must be feeling right now. the best thing i can say is that i read 'marley and me' by john grogan, about the life and death of the 'worlds's worst dog' and it made me all warm and fuzzy inside about my puppy, even though it was really sad at the end. since you're experiencing a similar thing, it might help to read about someone that's felt what you're feeling.

Baglady my heart truly goes out to you. There are tears brimming my eyes as I write this....I lost my cherished, beloved 13 year old tabby cat October 3, 2005 to kidney disease; he was the most precious, loyal & loving companion anyone could ever hope for...I can just now barely talk about it, and then not for long...I would not have made it through if I didn't have my Yorkie, she just turned 3 in February; she is without a doubt an angel....

For what it's worth, I can honestly say I know how you feel; I know what you're going through....my heart was broken, I cried until my sides ached and I took an extra week off from work.

I'm so very sorry for your loss; not much anyone can say will help how you feel right now....please know there are those of us out here who are here if you need us.

If you ever need/want to talk more pm me and I'll shoot you my e-mail address. I know sometimes simply just talking helps.

[[hugs]]