My pet ferret died tonight, I'm devastated

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
I've never posted in this forum before, just the Coach and ebay ones, but it's 4:30 in the morning, and I remembered this forum.

I have two ferrets, well now I have one, because one died tonight. I am sitting here crying my eyes out, it was really unexpected. Ferrets go downhill really fast, and I can't get into all the details, but we rushed her to the emergency vet but there was nothing they could do, she died at 8:00 pm, we were there with her.

DH and I are devastated and her companion is completely lost, they were littermates and had been together their entire lives.

This feels horrible.

Crissy, my heart goes out to you! It is so hard to lose a family member like that. I'm so tired right now that I can't think of anything better to say, but I simply couldn't log off without saying something. My thoughts and best wishes are with you all. Take care! (((big hug)))

Omg, I am so sorry :sad: How awful! Ferrets are so fun and full of life, it's so sad to think they become ill and go downhill so fast! My sympathies to you.

How is the other little guy? I imagine he was very attached to his friend...poor thing!

no matter what kind of fur baby it is the loss always hurts....ferrets are so cute and full of life...i am sure that your baby had a life full of fun and playfulness....big hugs to you and your DH...

Hi guys, I got all of 2 hours sleep last night and it still feels awful. I guess it's going to take a while. Thankfully (I guess a weird thing to say) it was over a weekend so I can just take the time to cry and not have to worry about work or anything.

I'm heartbroken for my other ferret and have to make sure to give him extra special attention now.

I was shocked and touched to see all the replies this morning, it helps just having somewhere to come where people understand the grief the loss of pet can cause.

Thanks so much.

Oh Crissy, I am so sorry to hear about your loss and that it all happened so quickly.

I am glad that you were with her at the end, and I am sure she knows what a wonderful life she had and that you and DH loved her very much.

The only thing I can say to comfort you would be to spend as much time as possible with her sibling. It will comfort you, and it sounds like he'll need it as well.

I am so sorry......

crissy, I'm glad you posted here. We all have different kinds of pets, and have one thing in common--we love them as members of our families.

This must be so hard for you and DH and your other ferret, poor thing. They grieve too.
We're here for whatever you need or want to say about your furbaby.

Big hugs.:hugs: