My Pebble Maxi Mabel ...Finally

Flossie

Apr 14, 2007
Here she is ...

It's a really great size , love the colour , my only reservation is that the leather is thin . Am wondering how it will stand to being packed to the hilt and hauled around airports...

Attachments

• rsz_DSC01161.jpg
    rsz_DSC01161.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 618
Ohh ... Flossie, it's beautiful! Congratulations :woohoo:

I can understand your resevation, though. I probably would have chosen a sturdier bag for traveling but that's just me.

Flossie, you're looking gorgeous as ever and I love your maxi Mabel :heart:

You're not going to be using it as check-in luggage, though, are you? Isn't it just for hand luggage? So it will only be you hauling it around :P

What is the leather? Goatskin or antique? I guess it's much lighter than a Piccadilly would be, but much less robust. I suppose you need to consider whether you would rather have something heavier that potentially lasts for longer or something lightweight that's easier to carry but that might not be quite as strong. Tough one.

Don't be afraid to return it for a credit note if you've still got a few reservations about it in, say, a week's time. At least then you'll have the credit note if a Piccadilly turns up :tup:

Thanks everyone and Dita , the voice of reason , always fantastic advice. The colour is beautiful . Even if I returned it I would want another in say a large for everyday. No , I'm not checking it , just taking onboard , but thats always a squash . My other choice was the Piccadilly in grey patent , but I have a LV Alma GM in amarante , that would maybe be too similar . I've posted pics in LV seeing as I got the camera out . Will let you know what I decide...

Oh yes , it's antiqued leather.

Ohh beautiful, you and Mabel look great.

I guess I travel light, because I use my black Roxy as luggage bag, but this picture made me realise I might need a bigger travel bag for next summer. Time to start saving

Hi Flossie, lovely bag. So, is this for use as a carry on? Would you ever use it as a day bag, or is it too big? Is this bag the same size as the midnight mabel on that other thread, or is it bigger? I'm confused. Anyway, fab.

wow - how big it is :nuts:

But what a great buy, hope you got it at a good price! :tup:

/edit
pssst! is it "at a good price" or "in a good price" ?

Flossie - looks gorgeous. Congrats. Re thin - ness of leather. I suppose that is a personal choice. Mulberry bags are usually sturdy wee madams but I have never really beaten up the antiqued leather on my normal aqua mabel. I would have thought mulberry would have tested it though..

TG , it's a travel bag , larger then Frankies. However my concern is that it may not be that sturdy for traveling, especially when full .I may exchange it and get it in the large size , at least then I will be able to use it everyday.
I adore the colour . It even matches a pair of shoes I have...

OOooh I love the pebble, congratulations! Not sure about the leather because I dont have anything other than darwin, so cant really offer any advice about how it holds up Im afraid. Let us know what you decide!

Looks gorgeous Flossie, I understand what you mean regarding the leather though. I suppose it comes down to personal choice if you want it to end up looking a bit beaten up and well used.
attachment.php

My gut feeling is that you should exchange it for the large size so you could use it for everyday too. It is lovely but too big for an everyday bag and if you feel the leather is a bit thin it may not be the most practical carry-on. Decision is yours flossie but normally when you are wavering the bag ends up going back doesn't it?