My pearl necklaces

FlgirlFM

O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
I am stuck at home waiting for a wine shipment to arrive, so I am playing with pearls.

I will do earrings in a different post.

I made this one last night, including the clasp. I believe these are called "reborn" pearls. Very interesting to say the least! I made the clasp so that it can be hooked anywhere on the necklace. I didn't use silk, because I wanted to make sure hooking the clasp didn't cause any stretch.
20090408-P1030760.jpg

My Multicolor strands. 9mm pastels, 8mm "Xmas" strand and 7.5mm bronze and green strand.
20090408-P1030767.jpg

mc1.jpg

My whites
Freshadama 7-8mm
20090408-P1030772.jpg

3-7mm Mikimoto vintage
20090408-P1030784.jpg

Betty Rubble 13mm freshwater and sapphire. Crappy pearls, but fun design. It sits right around my neck
20090408-P1030783.jpg

Triple strand rice. The knotting on this piece took forever!
20090408-P1030773.jpg

Single strand rice. I restrung a strand from Tiffany's last week for a customer. She paid 650, and my strand purchased from Pearllunar on Ebay for 45, is 100 times better. I even used a similar clasp.
20090408-P1030777.jpg

callire

Sep 4, 2006
Wow, gorgeous! You got the multi "Xmas" from TPO? Those other multis have killer luster!

(Sidenote) Thank GOD someone else shares my views against Tiffany fw. Gosh, aren't they just horrible quality for that much money? It's unbelievable!

FlgirlFM

O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
Yes, the multi "Xmas" from TPO clearance sale, also the bronze strand. I also bought a black strand from the sale, but I am sending it back. Nice luster, but dead color. Worth the 12% restock fee to do the return. I love the bronze strand, but the pearls are small.

The pastel multi strand is from Pearllunar on evilbay.

Oh yes, I absolutely am against the Tiffany FW!!! I really couldn't believe the difference between my Ebay FW and the Tiffany strand. Mine really is 100 times nicer. I love Tiffanys, but was so disappointed in the pearls. I actually have a strand of Tiffany akoyas coming in this week for restringing. I am very curious to stack them up next to my Freshadamas, lol!

backstageAntics

bag lady!
Mar 8, 2009
That first piece is amazingly beautiful! Wow! Never seen anything like it!

Edited to add: Did you say you *make* these? May I ask where do you buy those beautiful oddly shaped pearls? They are so striking! I'm really enchanted with them.

Last edited:

callire

Sep 4, 2006
Yes, the multi "Xmas" from TPO clearance sale, also the bronze strand. I also bought a black strand from the sale, but I am sending it back. Nice luster, but dead color. Worth the 12% restock fee to do the return. I love the bronze strand, but the pearls are small.

The pastel multi strand is from Pearllunar on evilbay.

Oh yes, I absolutely am against the Tiffany FW!!! I really couldn't believe the difference between my Ebay FW and the Tiffany strand. Mine really is 100 times nicer. I love Tiffanys, but was so disappointed in the pearls. I actually have a strand of Tiffany akoyas coming in this week for restringing. I am very curious to stack them up next to my Freshadamas, lol!

Black fw or akoya? I got a AAA akoya from TPO and I had the same problem. Those multis really do look amazing though. I got some from druzy about a year ago and I'm still waiting to get them strung. It's great that you know how to do it though! I can't wait for the next TPO sale!

FlgirlFM

O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
Here are some quick photos of the odd shape necklace.

20090408-P1030802.jpg

20090408-P1030801.jpg

20090408-P1030800.jpg

Backstage, I purchased the pearls from Kojimapearl. Very nice seller with some unique items!

Callire, the black strand is the freshwater from TPO spring sale. I guess I just like my dyed pearls to have a little more character! When is the next sale, do you know?

Wildflower, there are definitely worst things than being stuck waiting for Turley!!! :smile: