My PCE Reveal...

You said you weren't impressed with the black leather. Is it the waxed leather they were using for Poppy bags over the summer?

I honestly wasn't shopping Poppy too much before the Perri Hippie. It just looks like it has little white lines all in the leather already and looks like it would scratch easy. It looked less noticable with the lilac because it's such a light color but the black just looked too delicate for me. It's a different finish than the cherry for sure...which is what I was hoping it would be like.

TooManyWantMore said:
I honestly wasn't shopping Poppy too much before the Perri Hippie. It just looks like it has little white lines all in the leather already and looks like it would scratch easy. It looked less noticable with the lilac because it's such a light color but the black just looked too delicate for me. It's a different finish than the cherry for sure...which is what I was hoping it would be like.

Yeah that sounds like the waxed leather. Kind of a crackled finish? The black actually doesn't scratch easily but many of the other colors do. I have a citrine bag in that leather and it doesn't really scratch but I had a navy wallet and it scratched if I looked at it too hard. I wish they would stop with that leather.

Yeah that sounds like the waxed leather. Kind of a crackled finish? The black actually doesn't scratch easily but many of the other colors do. I have a citrine bag in that leather and it doesn't really scratch but I had a navy wallet and it scratched if I looked at it too hard. I wish they would stop with that leather.

It did have a crackled looking finish. It's pretty, just not what I was expecting. The cherry's leather is so nice. Wish they would've just done that.

Mandy421 said:

I have a black Poppy Pushlock tote in the black waxed leather, which still has tags and I have never used because while I love the style of the bag I'm just not sure of the crackled look of the leather. One day when I was at the outlet a woman was carrying the same purse and it looked terrible like bunched up clothes left in the dryer or something, it really turned me off to the bag, has your waxed leather items become all wrinkly too? Or was this just someone who didn't take care of hers?

hthrs said:
I have a black Poppy Pushlock tote in the black waxed leather, which still has tags and I have never used because while I love the style of the bag I'm just not sure of the crackled look of the leather. One day when I was at the outlet a woman was carrying the same purse and it looked terrible like bunched up clothes left in the dryer or something, it really turned me off to the bag, has your waxed leather items become all wrinkly too? Or was this just someone who didn't take care of hers?

The citrine bag looks the same as when I got it. But I switch out my bags often and tend to be at least somewhat careful with them.

I am lusting over that marine blue Isabelle myself. It is TDF in person!

It's SO nice in person, my pictures don't do it justice. I'm so glad I got it because there were only 3 left in my store. My SA said that they were going to be sent back to the warehouse soon. I asked if some would be going to the outlets and she didn't think that they would.