My Past and My Present!

iqaganda

Rica
O.G.
Nov 26, 2006
Hi! I used to be very active here in TPF in my early 20s. But as the years go by, priorities got into me. Nevertheless, I am back! But first, let me share my past, those bags that came and went off my hands. In commemoration of my love of handbags, I present to you, my previous early 20s collection that I don’t have anymore..

My past Chanel Collection:
IMG_6309.JPG

IMG_6291.JPG

IMG_6287.JPG

IMG_6284.JPG

Chanel Medium Classic Double Flap in Beige Caviar Leather SHW

IMG_6285.JPG

IMG_6286.JPG

Chanel 2.55 Reissue in Blue Patent GHW size 227

IMG_6288.JPG

Chanel 2.55 Reissue in Bronze? SHW size 227

IMG_6289.JPG

IMG_6290.JPG

IMG_6300.JPG

Chanel 2.55 Reissue in Champagne Gold GHW size 226

IMG_6308.JPG

Chanel Cambon Flap in Black / White

IMG_6310.JPG

Chanel Pink Caviar Bowler

I used to own a Chanel PST and some Vintage as well but sold them without taking photos. Overall, A good experience and want to regain some soon! I have never own a Jumbo, so I am eyeing on those lately.

I’ll post my Louis Vuittons later! [emoji16]

IMG_2625.JPG

This is my dream bag. Honestly. A dream bag ever since I was 21 years old. To make it better, this is a forever bag in my collection.

It holds a precious memory in my heart. My husband gave this as a push present for me (which he never did before) for the birth of our late son Aidan Bryant. He died 16 days after he was born.

Going back home from the hospital without our baby with us is the toughest thing. That’s why my husband got me this to cheer me up at least.

Of course, material things will never replace any happiness of what was supposed to be our newborn son, but I really appreciate what he did for me.

I received this bag, 6 days after I gave birth to my dear son, 3 days after coming home from the hospital.

My Louis Vuitton Multicolore Speedy 30 in Blanc will always have a special place in my collection, whether it is on trend or not! [emoji173]️

View attachment 4412940

This is my dream bag. Honestly. A dream bag ever since I was 21 years old. To make it better, this is a forever bag in my collection.

It holds a precious memory in my heart. My husband gave this as a push present for me (which he never did before) for the birth of our late son Aidan Bryant. He died 16 days after he was born.

Going back home from the hospital without our baby with us is the toughest thing. That’s why my husband got me this to cheer me up at least.

Of course, material things will never replace any happiness of what was supposed to be our newborn son, but I really appreciate what he did for me.

I received this bag, 6 days after I gave birth to my dear son, 3 days after coming home from the hospital.

My Louis Vuitton Multicolore Speedy 30 in Blanc will always have a special place in my collection, whether it is on trend or not! [emoji173]️

Beautiful story and I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I hope you've been able to grieve and process. Stunning bag too! I love multicolore.

View attachment 4412940

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Aidan will always be in your heart. :hugs::heart:

Reactions: iqaganda
IMG_7074.JPG

I am not going in a particular order, just what I feel like posting is good enough for me. ^_^

Here is my Gucci Dionysus Small GG Blooms Shoulder Bag. I got it this year (2019) as an Anniversary + Mothers’ Day present combined from my husband.

I know. I fell into the Gucci hype. But I really love the blooms print on this bag! It made this bag super chic and elegant. I don’t find the “pink? red? suede” hard to match with my wardrobe and I pretty much think about it as a “neutral” too.

A small sized handbag is what I was missing for my collection and this fits what I was missing. I am really happy with this bag, except for the fact that the chains roll over my shoulder from time to time. For now, it is bearable because I am really head over heels for this bag.

I guess another forever piece in my collection since this has a sentimental value for me!

Let’s go to some purses that “I paid myself.” [emoji16]

For the past 10 years, after I prevented myself from PF, Makeup and Skin Care was my thing. I accumulated tons (seriously. TONS.) to the point that I am very much overwhelmed by the amount of them.

As a turning point, I was constantly destashing and contemplating which ones I wanted to keep and which ones I wanted to let go of.

On a positive note, I did earned some cash from them!

To fuel my recent handbag urge, from the money that I got I was able to buy some on my wishlist. And here are a few of them!

Celine Mini Luggage in Black / Brown / White
View attachment 4424106

Mulberry Heritage Bayswater in Oak
IMG_6871.JPG

Louis Vuitton Deauville
IMG_6834.JPG

Marc Jacobs Patchwork Stam in Metallic Rose Gold
IMG_6447.JPG

Marc Jacobs Quilted Stam in Blush Pink
IMG_6426.JPG

Marc Jacobs Small Quilted Stam in Black
IMG_7123.JPG

My twins!
IMG_6424.JPG

Gucci Treasure Boston Bag
IMG_5788.JPG

Can you imagine how much makeup I sold over the past 6 months? That amount didn’t even hurt a portion of my makeup collection… I still got tons, still contemplating whether I should sell (mostly my backups..) or NOT! [emoji28]

Why did you get rid of all your CHANEL?

I did let go of them because at that time, I was ready to move on to Hermes. Little did I know that it’s a crazy world of selling. I got scammed by someone whom I sold to locally. I got a bounced cheque. Then I fall out of love with bags because I got so depressed about what happened. I got my money back though. Around after 2 or 3 years from the incident. But then priorities happened.

Fast Forward 10 years after, here I am again dipping my toes in the world of handbags. [emoji16]

IMG_5811.JPG

Luella Gisele

Another forever bag in my collection! Way back when I was pregnant with my 2nd child, I was loving handbags. I named her Luella because it is a popular designer back then. I don’t want to name her Chanel, Celine nor Gucci. Too common and obvious! [emoji28] So I named her Luella from the designer name Luella Bartley.

Luella Bartley is the famous designer behind the bag called Gisele. I love it so much but never owned it back then. I only owned a Stevie before, but got rid of it because the canvas is way too heavy.

Until it popped up of Reebonz. The exact bag that I have been wanting for ages. Large size in Baby Pink!

My husband got me this for Valentines’ Day this 2019 and have been using it so much! It gives me joy and everytime my then baby, 11-year old daughter now sees me using this, it gives her a smile on her face seeing “Luella” on the pink hearts.

No wonder she’s also into bags! [emoji23]

It’s been a while since my last post.. Many things have changed and fast forward 2 years later from my last post, I acquired my holy grail and unicorn bags!

First, say hello to my Hermes Birkin 35 in Gold Color, Togo Leather, PHW

155D767C-637A-49FF-93CB-A70A1A2EA797.jpeg
It has been a whirlwind last year due to the pandemic and I am very thankful to acquire such beauty.

My next one, is quite a recent purchase that was supposed to bring me “purse peace.” But instead, it triggered more love for luxury and makes me wanting for more. Without further ado, here’s my Chanel Jumbo Double Flap in Caviar Leather, SHW

FEF22453-5D04-4FCD-AF22-1EC67C8ED5A2.jpeg
I am really thankful and blessed to both get them in my collection and even though I wanted more, I can say that even if I don’t get to add more to my growing collection, I am happy having both of these. :biggrin: