My parents are leaving...

swee7bebe

Sofa King Addicted
O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
for the Philippines tonight. My grandfather had a stroke last Friday...he's not doing too well. He was in a coma until last night...he's awake now, but can't move his left side and can't swallow, so he has a nasogastric tube in his nose to feed him. Before he woke up, they were just giving him an IV to keep him hydrated an was on nasal cannula for oxygen. My family decided to just let him go because he's already 96, and they hoped that my mom, aunt, and uncle would get to the Philippines before he goes. So, he's awake now and talking...without any medications or anything! I hope he holds on til my parents, uncle, and aunt get there. I'm sooo glad that I got to see him when I went to the Philippines last December. I'm so sad...he lived with us here and would go back and forth to the Philippines twice a year until about 6 or 7 years ago.

I miss my parents already...they're going to be gone for a month. I'm a little freaked out because we're still on strike at work. Before, I was ok because my parents were here to back me up if I ever needed anything, but now they're not even in the country. I wish I could go with them...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.:sad: Seems like when hard things happen to us, they come in waves! :yes:I'll keep you in my prayers. Hope things look up for you soon! Hugs!:tender:

love, Pippi:flowers: