My order has arrived, but no Bleu Orage...Anyone has pictures of the new Taupe color?

**Chanel**

Trying to b good ^_^
O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Hi all,

Got bad news and good news today. Was really excited when I got the call from H. that my order was arrived as I was looking forward to Bleu Orage for a while.
Bad news is that something went wrong and Paris sent another color. My original order was for Vert de Gris, but I changed it to Bleu Orage as I fell in love with this color when I saw it.

Somehow, my order went to Paris with Vert de Gris being my first choice, and Bleu Orage being my second choice...While Bleu Orage was my first choice...
Since Vert de Gris wasn't available, they now sent a Taupe Kelly instead.
So there goes my Bleu Orage Kelly :cry:

The SM told me I could place another order for Bleu Orage, but he wasn't sure if it would be available next podium or not (he could tell more about that in January).

I haven't heard/seen anything about this Taupe color, I asked if it was something like Etoupe, but the SM said it was much darker. He decribed it a bit as a grey-ish color.
He said it was very pretty and that I should come and check it out. I will go and see the bag myself next weekend, but I already told the SM that Bleu Orage is still my first pick.

So my question is, does anyone has pics of a Taupe bag? How does it look? Does it have contrast stitching or not? Bleu Orage would have been perfect for me, but I don't know about Taupe. I already have Gris T. (so if it's something like Etoupe, it would be too similar I think) and Black (so don't need something like Graphite, because I also find it too similar).
So if anyone has pics of this Taupe color in a Birkin or Kelly, that would be very helpfull.
I honestly don't know what to do yet, my heart was really set on Bleu Orage.
If I knew for sure it still would be available next season, I would probably wait and order Orage again, but I don't know if it's still available then.

Do you think Taupe would be too similar when someone has Gris T. and Black already?
I looked on Ebay to see if any of the resellers already had a bag in this color, but couldn't find one. So hope someone can share a picture so that I can get a better visual of this color.

Also, does anyone know if Bleu Orage is still available to order in January?

Thank you for reading :heart:.

Hi all,

Got bad news and good news today. Was really excited when I got the call from H. that my order was arrived as I was looking forward to Bleu Orage for a while.
Bad news is that something went wrong and Paris sent another color. My original order was for Vert de Gris, but I changed it to Bleu Orage as I fell in love with this color when I saw it.

Somehow, my order went to Paris with Vert de Gris being my first choice, and Bleu Orage being my second choice...While Bleu Orage was my first choice...
Since Vert de Gris wasn't available, they now sent a Taupe Kelly instead.
So there goes my Bleu Orage Kelly :cry:

The SM told me I could place another order for Bleu Orage, but he wasn't sure if it would be available next podium or not (he could tell more about that in January).

I haven't heard/seen anything about this Taupe color, I asked if it was something like Etoupe, but the SM said it was much darker. He decribed it a bit as a grey-ish color.
He said it was very pretty and that I should come and check it out. I will go and see the bag myself next weekend, but I already told the SM that Bleu Orage is still my first pick.

So my question is, does anyone has pics of a Taupe bag? How does it look? Does it have contrast stitching or not? Bleu Orage would have been perfect for me, but I don't know about Taupe. I already have Gris T. (so if it's something like Etoupe, it would be too similar I think) and Black (so don't need something like Graphite, because I also find it too similar).
So if anyone has pics of this Taupe color in a Birkin or Kelly, that would be very helpfull.
I honestly don't know what to do yet, my heart was really set on Bleu Orage.
If I knew for sure it still would be available next season, I would probably wait and order Orage again, but I don't know if it's still available then.

Do you think Taupe would be too similar when someone has Gris T. and Black already?
I looked on Ebay to see if any of the resellers already had a bag in this color, but couldn't find one. So hope someone can share a picture so that I can get a better visual of this color.

Also, does anyone know if Bleu Orage is still available to order in January?

Thank you for reading :heart:.
Oh no, what a disappointment for you. I haven't heard of taupe and the only time I ever see it mentioned is when it is translated on the H UK website and the colour is actually etoupe. This is going to be very confusing if they now name a colour taupe too.

I hope you manage to find a picture to put your mind at rest.

Oh no, what a disappointment for you. I haven't heard of taupe and the only time I ever see it mentioned is when it is translated on the H UK website and the colour is actually etoupe. This is going to be very confusing if they now name a colour taupe too.

It is a disappointment indeed, as I was really looking forward to Bleu Orage. A lot. I like the mystery of that color and the stormy shade of blue/grey.

At first, I thought the SM meant Etoupe with Taupe, but the SM told me this Taupe color is a new color and actually a lot darker than Etoupe. He described it as a grey-ish color.
I don't know what to expect. I don't need anything like Etoupe since I already have Gris T.
I also don't need anything like Graphite (don't know if it's that dark), since I already have Black.
Blue Orage would have been the perfect add to my humble collection. Classic, yet elegant and a bit mysterious :love:.

I hope someone has pictures of Taupe, so that I can get a better idea of this color before I go and check it out in person.

:hrmm:Actually I have the same experience: some time ago I made an order for etain and two days ago I got a call from SM: "we received taupe kelly instead etain for you". It's very strange color IMHO- medium-to-dark grey with strong green undertone. I passed.

It is a disappointment indeed, as I was really looking forward to Bleu Orage. A lot. I like the mystery of that color and the stormy shade of blue/grey.

At first, I thought the SM meant Etoupe with Taupe, but the SM told me this Taupe color is a new color and actually a lot darker than Etoupe. He described it as a grey-ish color.
I don't know what to expect. I don't need anything like Etoupe since I already have Gris T.
I also don't need anything like Graphite (don't know if it's that dark), since I already have Black.
Blue Orage would have been the perfect add to my humble collection. Classic, yet elegant and a bit mysterious :love:.

I hope someone has pictures of Taupe, so that I can get a better idea of this color before I go and check it out in person.

What a disaster
Lets hope that you find a solution
Very curious about taupe too
Heard but till now no sight of it yet

:hrmm:Actually I have the same experience: some time ago I made an order for etain and two days ago I got a call from SM: "we received taupe kelly instead etain for you". It's very strange color IMHO- medium-to-dark grey with strong green undertone. I passed.

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this...
Green undertones? Oh dear.....I am not getting excited yet... Was it darker or lighter than Etain?

I love blue orage a lot and just managed to score a picotin in this color today!

Lucky you :smile:!

I love Blue Orage a lot as well, and I ordered it in a Kelly in January this year.
I was sooo happy when I got the call today that my order was arrived, until I heard it was not Blue Orage but Taupe :cry:.

What a disaster
Lets hope that you find a solution
Very curious about taupe too
Heard but till now no sight of it yet

I am also curious, but I am not sure if I am going to like this Taupe color :thinking:.
Bagamour1 said it has green undertones...perhaps it will look a bit like Vert de Gris then?

Oh no Chanel this is so frustrating! I can understand why you love Blue Orage, it really is a lovely chameleon. I hope this Taupe colour is not too bad, I look forward to your update.

No, Chanel, this is so frustrating! unfortunately I didn't pay attention to neutral colours last time when I went through the leather book with my SA. sounds like you're not going to be happy with this taupe colour as your heart is set on a blue. would you consider blue sapphire if your boutique can offer you that instead? it's a beautiful navy blue and should be dark enough for you. I hope this works out for you!

No, Chanel, this is so frustrating! unfortunately I didn't pay attention to neutral colours last time when I went through the leather book with my SA. sounds like you're not going to be happy with this taupe colour as your heart is set on a blue. would you consider blue sapphire if your boutique can offer you that instead? it's a beautiful navy blue and should be dark enough for you. I hope this works out for you!
Taupe is darker than etain. I'll ask my SA tomorrow to make a photo of this bag and post it here for you.

While Blue Sapphire is pretty, it is not the blue I am looking for. I really love Orage...not bright, but a stormy grey/blue neutral color. I ordered it in a 32 Kelly with ghw, which would have worked perfect for me. I hope someone can tell me if Orage is still available for next season. But then again, who knows which color arrives if I order Orage again :thinking:.

Taupe is darker than etain. I'll ask my SA tomorrow to make a photo of this bag and post it here for you.

Darker than Etain? Is it more brown-ish then? Yes, a picture would be awesome, thank you :flowers:! Looking forward to it. Now I wonder how this color looks. If it's similar to Vert de Gris or perhaps Toundra...:thinking:.